4 months terrible injury

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so let me start off by saying im 17, 5'11, and 140-145 lbs. So my knee got injured about 4 months ago playing football(soccer) and the way it got injured was from me running full speed and doing a really fast cut in to the right and I dont know what way my knee turned or anything it just felt like my leg snapped in half where my knee was and i fell instantly to the ground screaming and people said they heard pop and i was unable to put weight on it or walk so I went to the doctor and they took xrays of my knee and said they didn't see anything and gave me crutches and a sturdy knee brace theat couldnt bend and told me to go see some doctor that works with the knee, i have no clue what its called. Ok so i couldnt walk on it move it for a week or two and my knee was better and i could walk but not perfectly fine but im getting into too much detail. So its been 4 months my knee is getting better but i think it might be permanent because i get pain while trying to kneel. I try to kneel my butt on my knee but i cant i feel pain on my the front of my knee. Does anyone know what it is?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Torn ACL possibility. MRI will confirm. XRays doesn't show anything for ligament. I had same problem can't bend my knee after loud pop

• Posted

Happened to me twice when used to play football years ago both times tore my cartlidge one in left one in right different times
  • Posted

You need to see an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports injuries.  Find the group that works with your local pro and college teams.  
  • Posted

You need to get t o a sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon immediately . you probably should have gone to the emergency roonm of the nearest hospital with a sports med dept. You will most likely need an MRI. In the meantime don't use it anymore than necessary as you could increase the injury. Sounds vey much like a combination of soft tissue damage that won't heal without professional orthopedic help. Emergency room docs don't have the expertise and stays only show bone damage not soft tissue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.