4 seizures in 3 hours

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am an addict. zolpidem (30-50 tabs of 10mg/night), diazepam (20 tabs of 2mg/night), lorazepam, alprazolam, midazolam, clonazepam (10mg before bed), eszoplicone, zoplicone, pentobarbital, and tramadol (my drug of choice)(the rest depending on availability). for the past 5 years i had been doing 1,500mg to 2,500mg (yes u read it right) of tramadol on top of the cocktails. 6 weeks ago i decided to go cold turkey taking a trip to Australia only bringing my zolpidem with me. on the second day i went into 4 seizures in 3 hours which left the neurologist not much of a choice but to induce me in coma for 3 days. i woke up not knowing i took a flight to Australia and not knowing what happened. i lost my short term memory, my physical and cognitive abilities. i wanted to die. i'm about 6 weeks sober now. Many of my NA friends have asked me to go to a inpatient rehab, which i had for 3 times now. i have a wife that loves me so much despite my shortcomings. having read Mimi O'donell's, widow of late Philip Seymour Hoffman scared the hell out of me. He had 20 years clean and a few drinks over a few occasions got him back to heroin before overdosing and dying. I don't know how i'm going to live the rest of my life. I've lost so much already and i'm not confident that i can be sober.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

tramadol 30-50 tabs of 50mg/night. i lost all my savings and borrowed some, stole some. i spent about 5,000 dollars a week buying them below the counter.
  • Posted

I have read what you have to say about your troublesome addiction to Tramadol. I am a cancer survive. treatment was three months of Head and Neck radiation. Heavy enough that the oncologist said I should be dead. The Cancer was level 4 terminal, But I worded in a Uranium mine for 5 year and I credit that for keeping me alive. I take 100 mg 3 times a day, and when I am hurting increased to 4 times a day.  Since the congress made Opium illegal I have come of Opiates with no problem. As the Tramadol does not work for me my doctor stated he would go back to opiates. so I take it you are from three to ten times what I take. As Tramadol  works for some and others it does not , It is not surprising you would escalate as far as you did.  The first medications are not addictive. you have in your list are made with very little chance of addiction. If you are have sleep depreciation you really should go to the nearest behavioral heal authority, and let them monitor until you are clean. Personally the store I have a hard time buying. Please Behavioral Health in your area.
    • Posted

Great to hear you are a cancer survivor. Xanax and Ambien to me are very addictive and i had never gone to sleep without them in a decade. i take them for interviews, meetings and even traffic jams. Taking xanax and ambien have become a way of life for me. yes i do need to change my behavior. but i'm not willing to open up to people and having them judge me for being a prescription junkie. at the same time, i'm trying so hard to manage triggers in my daily life that could lead me back to my old behavior. i don't live one day at a time, i live an hour at a time. my life is a curse, a living hell and a living nightmare. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.