Skip to content
Ad

Tramadol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coming off Tramadol

Hello all, I am after some friendly advice. 12 Jan I had a riding accident, hurt my shoulder. It was previously injured (dislocation/fracture of humerus) and it's been weak ever since. Doc put me on cocodamol as of 14th, and then on the 17th I was back at docs because they were making me sick. He...

Last reply
  • Tramadol How Addictive

I was prescribed tramadol 6 weeks ago, but having read in the forum how addictive they are I am considering stopping them, although they do help with my back pain. Has anyone being given an alternative to these drugs, and if so are they effective. I will appriciate your replies. Thanks

Last reply
  • coming off tramadol

Ihave been on tramadol for back pain for quite a few years now i have cut down from 4 50mg per day down to 1 50mg its starting to get me down. usually how long dose it take before i can stop taking my last one any advise would be appreciated .

Last reply
  • Unsure

Hello, I’m hoping someone can give me advice to let me know that i am going to be ok. I’m getting very anxious and scared with my medication. I have had been put on codeine for a broken bone and it helped for a period of time. However, i became used to them and needed to take more codeine which was...

Last reply
  • Coming off Tramadol after 2 years

Hi! I'm new here. I was on another forum but I don't seem to get many replies, except for 1 person a few times. Anyway, I had a botched knee surgery that led to several other knee surgeries, that led to a total knee replacement at the age of 42. I was put on Tramadol & was told that it was...

Last reply
  • Stay away from Tramadol!

Last Friday (16/Sep/11) I had an op to repair an umbilical hernia (overnight stay). On being discharged the nurse gave me a packet of 50mg Tramadol capsules to ease the pain, although the pain wasn't that bad. I had been walking to the toilet (in hospital) within 4 hours of recovering from the op....

Last reply
  • Tramadol withdrawal

I take tramadol for chronic pelvic pain, but as I have been taking it for 2 months and pain has gone or decreased a lot on it, I was wondering about coming off it and just taking when pain gets bad again. I havent had any since thursday so 3 days in total.  I have been feeling weepy all weekend...

Last reply
  • Tramadol and irritability

My husband is tramadol and our life has become unbearable.  The children and I are always on edge.  Is it normal to be irritable on Tramadol?

Last reply
  • Tramadol - stomach issues

Hello Been taking Tramadol for about two years; usually two a day for fibro and tmj. Recently noticed a lot of stomach upset. Anyone else with this issue and suggestions? I was thinking it was my thyroid medication, but wanted to check on this as well. Thanks in advance for help.  

Last reply
  • No idea what to do I'm in so much pain

Hey folks. I'm addicted to tramodol and it really started because I was addicted to kepac 30 over 500 cocodemol. Not for pain or anything. I loved the buzz and the fact that it made me feel normal. And I talked a lot! I turned to tramdol because I found it more difficult to get hold of kepac. Mainly...

Last reply
  • Tramadol is not evil.

Tramadol does not have any malicious intent to get you 'hooked' or 'addicted'. Tramadol provides a reliable source of relief to many pain sufferers and patients with other medical problems. The VARIABLE in all this ... is the individual patient, everyone's body makeup is different...

Last reply
  • Trying to survive these withdrawals

I have no one in my life to talk to about this. It's been over 3 years that I been taking tramadol after 3 knee surgeries and it's ruining my life and don't know what else to do. Can't deal with this pain anymore. Anyone know anything that helps with withdrawals to be able to get outta...

Last reply
  • Off Tramadol - "Cold Turkey " 7 Days now

Since my not so successful TKR operation in Stockholm 2014 which resulted in  chronic post operative TKR infection with lots of pain & stiffness. First OxyContin in Sweden where my operation was performed and later daily 50 mg Tramadol here in Thailand where I live. (BTW Oxycodone is not approved...

Posted
  • Tramadol, i'm up to 300MG+/Day.

Hello all, i have been taking Tramadol on and off for about 6 months. i have muscular dis-trophy and struggle with severe calf/leg pain. i started taking it after playing sport as i was so badly fatigued i could barely walk and it was so uncomfortable. Then after the season finished, i only took it when...

Last reply
  • Tramadol Withdrawal

Hi There I'm not sure if anyone here can help. I saw some discussions on tramadol withdrawal on this site but it was from about 6 months ago so i'm just praying someone is still on who can help. Here is my story, I began taking tramadol about 5 months ago for chronic pelvic pain. I had told...

Last reply
  • Coming off tramadol am only on 2 .50 mg a day now

Been tapered off tramadol for nearly a year now this is the smallest dose I have been on now .. am due to go back to work tomorrow and wanted to know if people have gone to work while with drawing off tramadol I take 1 in morning then another as late as I can .next week I will be going onto just the...

Last reply
  • Coming off tramadol

I have been on tramadol for 3 years I had a fall in my flat and smashed my elbow joint to bits I was admitted to hospital and had a 6 hour operation to rebuild my elbow it's been fixed with metal. That's why I am on tramadol  I have tried many times to come off them I get so ill. I am now...

Last reply
  • insomnia caused by tramadol

I was given Tramadol by the hospital just over 2 weeks ago for gall bladder pain. I was given 50mg tablets and told to take 2 four times a day. The first 100mg after the first dose I only usually take 1 50mg tablet, if that doesn't help a few hours later I take another but never during the day as...

Last reply
  • off from 4 years of tramadol dependency ,

I was taking 10-12 50mg of tramadol a day for pain for the past 4 years. Tapered down, with a doctors help having taken my last tramadol 9 days ago. He prescibed Suboxone to help taper. I'm on low dosage per day of sub, less than 1 mg. I'm concerned my body has become dependant on the...

Last reply
  • Side affects

I've been taking Tramadol every other day for some years. For many months on the days I take the tabs I find I pee very slowly. I have to get up in the night 2 or 3 times and it takes me 15 to 20 mins each time. I'm back to normal on the days I don't take them so I know it's the Tramadol....

Posted
  • Help to come off tramadol 50mg

Hi. I'm not here to be judged. I'm just here to get some help. I have been on tramadol about 5/6 years, I know I have a problem because I am using my 240 tablets month supply in around 2 weeks. I'm averaging between 15 to 20 of 50mg tablets everyday. When I run out I'm ringing doctors...

Last reply
  • I have to quit cold turkey. Any suggestions?

Ok this is the first time I've told the actual truth about my tramadol addiction. I've been living in Tijuana for about 3 years this summer. I had been taking tramadol before and had started again about a year ago a little over. I took them to suppress my appetite which they did as I went from...

Last reply
  • Ultram vs Ultracet

Hi, I want to know the difference between Ultram (50mg Tramadol) and Ultracet (37.5mg Tramadol + 325mg Paracetamol). Does Ultracet have the quicker onset? Which one is better for pain when comparing the same dose (1:1 tablet)? Thank you so much.

Last reply
  • I took 150 Tramadol in 24 days.

I am fairly concerned that I have become dependent on them. I without a doubt abused them and now am paying the price for it. There was about a week in between where I didn't have any so I have taken 90 in the past 13 days. I took my last pill Saturday night and today is Monday morning. So far I...

Last reply
  • Nervous to ask for refill, advice?

Hi I've been taking tramadol for a year now due to unknown reasons of extreme pain. I just got insurance so now I can finally get some testing done to find out what is causing my pain. In the mean time my doctor has been prescribing me 150mg a day and it has done wonders to help me, but last two...

Posted
  • So scared!

I want to say thank you for this post! I have searched many forums which most are dated over 5 years ago. I am 58 years old, had a crash course in menopause, RLS prior to Tramadol and feel like I am losing my marbles (whats left of them). I started taking 50mg 4 years ago for sciatica, told the Dr. that...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal from Tramadol, is this what I'm experiencing?

I've been on tramadol for 4 years. I discontinued the drug roughly 10 days ago. I still have pins and needles, chills, flushed feeling, etc. Worst of all I become incapable of thinking clearly for long periods of the day, what some refer to as "brain fog". For those of you have discontinued...

Last reply
  • tramadol for sleep? please help

So I have been given a couple tablets of tramadol to help me sleep? Do they work? Will it help?  I have probably only had about 6 hours sleep in about a week. I suffer with anxiety and am also on sertraline to control this. Any help or advice will be appreciated

Last reply
  • Tramadol withdrawal / tapering

Iv been on 400mg of this evil drug for just two weeks. I came off it two days ago and experienced the worse withdrawal symptoms and iv had to go back on it. Last night I laid out all my pills in order to commit suicide luckily my husband stopped me. I cannot believe that only after two weeks that I am...

Last reply
  • FUN Facts regarding Tramadol

FUN Facts regarding medication Tramadol For the Consumer Applies to tramadol: oral capsule extended release, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet disintegrating, oral tablet extended release Tramadol (marketed as Ultram, and as generics) is an opiod pain medication which is used to treat moderate...

Last reply
  • Tramadol to Palexia

Hi folks.  Last week I attended a Pain Management meeting, the first in around 4 years.  There was no rush to change anything I was doing although the consultant said I might benefit from leaving the Tramadol I was taking and moving to Palexia, basically the same thing but slow release, with...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.