Tramodol tapering

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi There I'm new to this forum but I was hoping to get support or even buddy up with anyone who is starting/doing Tramodol withdrawal. I had a injury over a year ago & was prescribed tramodol 100mg 3 times daily. it helped initially but then I needed more & more to get the same effect so to get through weekends with minimal pain I started over using taking 400mg -600mg Fri & sat to free up my pain. Monday & Tuesday would be horrendous after overusing at the weekend. so I am now determined to quit altogether, I feel like I'm addicted & it's becoming dangerous . I'm very anxious about this so I'm reducing gradually. I'm hoping to take my recommended dose of 100mg 3 times daily for a week then reduce by 50mg . Are there any of you out there starting or doing the same journey

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

how are you getting on now?

I've been through tramadol withdrawal 4 times now.

I'm going through it right now for the 5th time. I'm currently on day 2.

any help is appreciated.. thanks x

• Posted

Hope you are doing well Maria! The thought of using Tramadol is vexing for many (even in this forum). If you may, please share your experience and the difficulties you faced while cutting down the drug. Were there any long term side effects?

• Posted

I'm currently in withdrawals now. I think I'm on about day 7. I think I've experienced every withdrawal symptom possible.

My current symptoms are extreme irritability, severe fatigue, back aches and bad insomnia.

I feel like it's never ending. I'm using vitamins, paracetamol the lot yet nothing seems to be helping.

I've gone through a lot in my 32 years yet this is by far the worst experience of my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.