How bad is this drug?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

I am on Tramadol 50mg. The box states to take 1-2 twice daily, although my GP says i can take up to 8 if i need to (which i never will, i take 2 a day) but i have a concern. I have recently looked into Tramadol and i am finding more and more the mention of it causing seizures. Even in people taking below the daily recommended allowance it has been known to cause seizures. Should this be on my mind? Or am i looking too much into it ?

Many Thanks

Mike

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dont take Tramadol for a long period of time unless you want to suffer. Thats all I will say . It is worse than all the opiates combined

• Posted

HI I been taking tramadol for a very long time for chronic pain on my neck and low back pain and is the only pain killer that relieve my pain and make me feel active as well but the only thing is that as am getting older the pain increases as well so what I recommend if they work for you and making you feel pain free why suffering we know that drag are not good for anybody but unfortunately this is the life we living now and the majority of people in this world taking same thing for filing better have a good day ?

• Posted

For me too it's the only thing that works. I do have a break from them for a couple months after every prescription finishes

• Posted

I was on tramadol for about 7 years for chronic pain and it was the only thing that helped. Was taking 6-8 50mg tablets per day as well. If it helps your pain then i wouldn't worry about it

• Posted

Thank you. I do come off them for a bit after every prescription so i think i will hopefully ok but i will ask the GP. I have had the itching side effect from them

• Posted

Hello, I've been taking Tramadol for Ankylosing Spondylitis for years now I take 6-8 almost daily.

I have never had any side effects.

Everyone is different, so I would speak to your doctor to lower concerns and you could always take them for trial period and see how you get on with them.

• Posted

They make me itch sometimes! However that's really the only side effect i get. I have breaks from them also, i don't like taking them continuously

• Posted

its coming off of them where the problem starts

• Posted

Hi there.

I have been taking them for just over a year now. However, i don't like the thought of being dependant on them. I am prescribed 100 at a time, and once they are gone i have a 2 month break to get them out of my system fully

• Posted

Keep in mind, you just don't stop taking them, the withdrawals make you feel like your always cold. Cut what ever amount you are on by half every 2 weeks until you get to 1/2 pill a day and then stretch to every after a week then 2 days and then every 3 and then stop

My advice. Been there twice! best weening formula.

• Posted

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I have been taking them over a year now, and my prescription is for 100 at a time. Once i finish the 100, i stop taking them for 2 months, then i will get a repeat for another 100. They are very powerful, and i want to be 100 percent in control of them. I have found doing it this way has been absolutely fine so far. I don't have any issues when i come off them, other than pain of course but i just push through that very hard because i don't want to be dependent on a drug

• Posted

STOP.........This is addictive I have been on these years now,,and i tried to come off them,,well that was two weeks of hell, i had to keep on them..

Find a pill that is not a opiate.

• Posted

Hi. As i mentioned above i go without them. Once my prescription is finished i have a 2 month break with no issues at all. It's very easy for me to be in control of what i put in my body. I think i will most likely not get any more once this lot have gone. They're really not very nice but they have been the only thing that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.