How bad is this drug?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

I am on Tramadol 50mg. The box states to take 1-2 twice daily, although my GP says i can take up to 8 if i need to (which i never will, i take 2 a day) but i have a concern. I have recently looked into Tramadol and i am finding more and more the mention of it causing seizures. Even in people taking below the daily recommended allowance it has been known to cause seizures. Should this be on my mind? Or am i looking too much into it ?

Many Thanks

Mike

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mike. I really appreciated your note. It seems many people write about how awful this drug is, yet they don't say why they are taking it. I don't think I would go through a hellish withdrawal if the drug I was taking gave me quality of life. I have taken Trams for 5 years. I take 1-3/day. I have gone several days without them and had none of these withdrawals. The only thing I have is severe pain due to my diagnosis when I don't take them. I have heard of people having seizures, because of taking a very large dose with other meds. If you have pain the drug will work on the pain...if you are just popping pills you may have problems when you stop. You are your own judge. Do what is best for Mike.

• Posted

Hello, Micke, I am completely in agreement with you because if it relieves the pain it helps you to live life happier have a good day ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.