Tramadol taper 400mg to 200mg hell!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my name is Gary and I have been on tramadol for approx 5 years for pain related to my multiple sclerosis, to be fair it did help a little, recently I developed swelling, redness and pain in both legs and was told to just double my dose of tramadol from 4x50mg a day to 8x50mg a day. Well I did and by the end of the first week I felt like I had been hit by the anxiety bus. I had blood tests done regarding the swelling and was told it was cellulitis and given stockings,water tablets and when I explained that I felt really bad was told to revert to my original dose of tramadol, my anxiety, shakes and legs are awful, I'm woken every morning with bad anxiety..... I have decided to taper by dropping 1 x 50mg every 4 days and it is difficult, I've been on tramadol for so long and only doubled my dose for a week so thought it would be straight forward to change back but jesus this is hard.........and I keep over thinking that this cant be the tramadol it can't be withdrawals....... Am I wrong??? Please??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yes, it feels as though you have the flu. Get alot of rest and keep going down in the amount. There are many reputable sites you can google to find out what OTC meds to take. Good luck to you!

"always ask a professional before doing anything that could effect your health!"

• Posted

good .. for any query about tramadol 100 mg call me on +13153841942

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.