4 week post op. Very sore.

Posted , 4 users are following.

had op for prolase bladder and was doing ok till this week. very sore feel like something sharp just inside the virgina, my post appointment with doctor is not for two weeks. just want to know did anyone felt like this forgot a few times about bending to take up something from floor.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i am about four weeks post op and have also experienced that intermittently. i feel like maybe its the stitches absorbing or something. im not as sore as i have been..also i dont have problems bending over either. But ive definitely had those twinges of pain.

• Posted

hi, i know how your are feeling!!First time posting on here, im 11 weeks post anterior repair for the second time. Im afraid im no help to you because for the last two weeks i too have had a sharp feeling vaginally. Often i rest and feel ok until i get up to walk about then it starts again. Im sure its probably just a stitch poking at me but its really holding me back. I can barely walk about my house at the moment. Im not down for a post op review appointment and dont want to waste their time if its just a normal process but i don't remember getting this intensity after the last one. Has anyone else had this, this far on from their recovery?

• Posted

im just updating for those of you reading who need reassuring like i did. I'm around 14 weeks now post op. Just seen my surgeon this week who confirmed my pain i still have is due to a stitch which still hasnt dissolved. The more i walk, the more i feel a sharp scratching pain inside. She said if its not gone in 4 weeks then she will cut it for me. She said she used a slower dissolving suture this time round so thats why i still feel sore while other people are better before me. Hope this helps someone. Dont be like me and wait so long to see your surgeon, go as soon as you feel something isnt right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.