4 weeks 1 day on Venlafaxine/NeedHelp/advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I been taking Venlafaxine 75 mg for 4 weeks and 1 day and I still feel this weird nasty feeling like i am not in this world, Confussed and a little spaced out before the spaced out feeling was there 24/7 now i just have that feeling for a little in the mornings.  I wake up very uncomtable in the mornings with this mental confussion and not being in this world feeling. i dont know how much more longer i can handle this if anyone that had this problem please give me some advice i am tired of this feeling that i think i am going crazy, Has someone had gone trough this!!! Is this really anxiaty and depression???😢😥😔

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilda I am sorry you feel like this but it is adjustment in the brain as you say you don,t feel like t all the time I know it feels like it but it does take 6 weeks or a little longer .are you taking them at the same time each day as I notice if I miss by even an hour it can throw things out..I also take a good quality omega 3 capsules to help with the brain zaps.i try t avoid sweet things too and prosessed I think we are very sensitive to every thing that goes on in our bodies that is the depression and anxiety it's not you it's the illness keep reminding yourself this constantly YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS IT IS TIME AND ACCEPTANCE and I know how hard that is at times take care and hang on in there xxxxx

• Posted

Thankyou for your help dawn41372 sometime I just brake down crying of how scare I am it might not be anxiaty and I might be loosing my mind! I just want to be my old self again happy!!! 
  • Posted

Hi Hilda I had this exact issue when I started taking sertraline in November last year. My psychiatrist says it’s because of how ill I was (severe depression and anxiety) however this feeling has totally gone now. I think it’s called de realisation. Your brain is adjusting to the medication and it’s sometimes a hard adjustment but I can assure you that the feeling does wear off. I cannot remember exactly how long it took for me but it definitely went. 4 weeks is a short time in antidepressant life (which sucks but is true). All the best In Your recovery... you WILL get there 
    • Posted

Thankyou very much for your words Victoria98049. I am glad you are ok and thanks for sharing your experience it really helps alot it gives me hope yes I have desrialization or whatever its called this illness its the worst a human being can Experience hopefully the meds start kicking in because this is ruining my life the feeling of not being here its there 24/7😞 Do you remember if you took Venlafaxine too??

• Posted

Hi Hilda1986 it's ok I no that feeling, and it is totally dreadful. Please note that I am not a physician in any count, and please feel free to consult your Doctor if need be ok. To which I'd like you to immediately to be able to come down in dosage to start tapering ok 👍 explain to them how you feel, and that you'd like to come down to the lowest dosage of 37.5mg (lowest dose) this is what I done, and stay on this dose for a good while before tapering down again ok hun. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.