4 weeks after Ankle sprain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I sprained my ankle 4 weeks ago in the morning. After 20 minutes of it, I massaged it with Volini (I didn't know nothing about what to do and don't after sprain). I walked and ran the whole day after it sprained. In evening, I went to Doctor when I was feeling so much pain. It was little red but not blue at all (maybe it was little strain). After that I did RICE method for 5 days then Doctor told me to do hot bath on it as swelling was almost gone. After 2 more weeks, I was able to walk with limping. And now, it's been 4 weeks and I limp. Achilles tendon (back of foot), part under inner ankle, and you can say, all around that joint, I feel pain while walking and swelling is still the same i.e. almost gone but not going completely. I keep it wrapped with crepe bandage and do hot bath twice a day and take Enzoflam SV tablet. After 3 weeks of rest, now I go to work and feel too much pain. I am so worried about it as it is taking too much time. Please help me. Reply me ASAP 🙁🙁

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rahul,

Can't really suggest much as I had fracture and ankle surgery. I would say see your doctor and get an X-ray to start with and may be physiotherapy would help.

Hope your ankle heals soon and you feel better.

• Posted

I have taken X-ray on the first day, there was no fracture. The only thing is it is very much healed but for last 2 weeks, it is not healing at all after that and I feel problem and pain while walking. And I am sorry that you got fracture. Take care
    • Posted

I had went to a&e three times and told I had a sprain I had an mri after 6 months and has three fractures,torn tendons and sub lux peronial tendon and require surgery , get an mri ASAP

• Posted

Hi Sabrina, thanks for the concern. When you had fracture and torn tendons, were you able to walk with limping?
  • Posted

I could walk for five minutes without limping
    • Posted

I am afraid if this is the issue with me as well sad I started walking little better like as you said, 5 mins without limping. But today I woke up and I couldn't walk without any limp and it was paining as well. Swelling isn't reducing anymore since 2 weeks. Is there no chance that it would heal by itself?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.