4 weeks after hydrocelectomy still light bleeding

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wondering if this is normal.  4 weeks after a hydrocele surgery I’m still spotting blood from where my stitches were.  They were self dissolving stitches. For the most part is just a spot or two every single day but last week one day and today it started dripping blood.  It stopped but it just seems odd to be taking this long to seem together.  FYI- I had no drain tube.  Was told a section of my stitches were done farther apart to act as a drain spot.  Also I have no infection what so ever at the scar/stitches.  Let me know if anyone has experienced this.  Thanks. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Rick,

You probably have an infection and need an antibiotic. Get it checked asap!!!

• Posted

I had a drain. The gauze looked like an axe murder took place under my balls.  A little blood goes a long way in body fluid.  But the drain came out less than a week after surgery and all discharge stopped within 7 to 10 days.

But  with no drain it would make sense that you would have leakage.  But a month post op seems excessive to me.  But it could be the stitches are dissolving.  

Are those puppies still swollen?  If you still have significant swelling and leakage, might want to touch base with your doctor?

• Posted

Yep I set up an appointment for this coming Tuesday.  Thanks for yalls feedback.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.