4 weeks after op pelvic floor repair look like it has collapsed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I had a pelvic floor repair on 7th July I was told it was worse than was first thought so had front back and both side done I have looked every few day to check the other day it was like a nice tunnel if I can call it that small opening very nice but today I can't see the opening get it is like it has all fallen in is this normal at this time please help Thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi amanda, the same happen to me and when I went to an appointment at the gineo clinic they told me what I was seeing was my imen skin, and there was no prolapse. The best thing for you is to call them and ask them to see you, or if you think you can wait for the appointment, wait, don't stress and let's see what it is. It might be nothing wrong as is not very likely that the prolapse recur after just four weeks after the op. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you it looked ok the other day I think I just worry as I lived with the prolapse for 10 years lol when did you start pelvic floor excises after op as they was not to clear thank you
    • Posted

I had swelling for weeks to be honest and that's normal and as I said the swelling, pain and discomfort will get worse before it gets better. Regarding pelvic floor exercises that depends on your Urogynaecologist but generally it's around 6-8 weeks before you start so your wound has time to start healing. If you're unsure speak to your consultant or his/her secretary.

• Posted

To be honest I don't really do pelvic floor exercises as I should, I do every now and then some tightening and release and I heard about a electronic impulse 'pen' that really helps with the exercises but it can cost up to 100 pounds and I really didn't decided for it. What I do is preventing by avoiding heavyweights, I don't strain at the toilet ever, if it doesn't comes straight away I relax and wait and if it feels hard I use a glycerin suppository. You should wait until you go to your appointment and discuss it with the doctor, I understand you're anxious but you'll be alright.

• Posted

It's unlikely to have "fallen" amandabeetle you are probably swollen from the surgery. You will read in previous posts where I say things get worse before they get better with this operation and swelling later on is expected. Try not to worry and I always say don't keep looking because it never looks very pleasant to begin with and you only make yourself worry more.

• Posted

Thank you maybe worrying to much just looked more open last time I looked and not sure when to start pelvic floor excises
    • Posted

If you are so worried that you just can't settle please see your GP because to recover well you should be relaxed but swelling is a big part of this and I've seen many prolapse repairs in the operating theatre and I fully understand why the swelling can occur so relax, rest, put your feet up and try not to worry because it is rare for repairs to fail and exceptionally rare so soon after surgery. Don't concern yourself with pelvic floor exercises yet, when you can start them depends on your Urogynaecologist and his advice and on the type and how many sutures used in the repair. All this can be discussed at your post op appointment and for the sake of a few weeks it's unlikely to make any difference. Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

Thank you for advice I will wait and see how I go then as maybe a doctor won't be trained in that field so may not be able to advice that's why I thought it was best to ask here

• Posted

Some GP's have gynae training and it's often stated on the surgery website.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.