4 weeks and 4 days taking Venlataxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Depersonalitation is my main issue! I need advice Will this goo away soon!! Will my Ventalataxine 75mg help me with depersonalitation/Anxiaty even though i dont feel anxious at times i feel this feel of this feeling of not being here.I been taking Venlafaxine 75 mg for 4 weeks 4 days today and still feel this weird nasty feeling like i am not in this world, Confussed.  in the mornings I wake up very uncomtable with this mental confussion and not being in this world i dont know how much more longer i can handle this if anyone that had this problem please give me some advice i am tired of this feeling that i think i am going crazy😢

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I never felt depersonalization while taking it but when I tried to stop I had horrendous depersonalization that I never experienced. All the symptoms you describe, mental confusion and fog, feeling detached, problems with concentrating. 
  • Posted

Hi hilda I am exactly the same as you, I could off wrote this post myself! I started venlafaxine 2 weeks ago now and have depersonalization/derealization everyday is so weird for me! It's horrible isn't it! I'm hoping this will help me too!

• Posted

I've had this for long time before starting venlafaxine, sertraline did nothing for me I'm hoping venlafaxine will help because it does something to the norepinephrine which helps calm the fight or flight

• Posted

Yes My dr told me that we have depression then it goes into anxiaty and that the depersonalitation is an anxiaty symptom!!! I am hopping to get better today I woke up ffeling very bad like not being here to the max!!! I have research on it and most people get better from week 6 and on
    • Posted

How long have you had depersonalization hilda? Unfortunately depersonalization is a symptom of anxiety, your brain has been put on safe mode from all the anxiety and worrying thoughts and constantly checking in on yourself.
    • Posted

I have had depression since january the last two weeks of february I started with the depersonalitation and I have 4 weeks and 5 days today taking The Ventafaxine 75mg what about you!
    • Posted

This illness is the worst any human being can go trough😞😔

• Posted

It is a symptom of anxiety but it can be caused from side effects and/or withdrawal from anti depressants. In my case I never experienced it in my life until I tried to stop taking it.
    • Posted

And did it take long for the depersonalitation to go away gor you!!
    • Posted

Yeah after the first 6-7 weeks the side effects mostly went away. I was just left with low libido, slight eye pain, grinding teeth and sweating.
    • Posted

Did you take Ventalafaxine75mg!!! Omg thankyou very much for sharing your experience it really helps alot it gives me soo much hope🙏🏻

• Posted

I've had it for 12 years but my citalopram pooped out last October and my depersonalisation got very severe to the point where I didn't recognise my family, I felt like an alien that has just landed on planet earth. Normally I could cope with my depersonalisation it was just a vision thing with me (everything felt flat, lifeless, dreamy) but by hell I think I had a nervous breakdown last October and that's when it got soooo bad! It was bloody scary, like I was gonna get lost in my mind and end up in some weird matrix. It has got a lot better and a pyschartrist said it's because of my childhood trauma and I need to be on venlafaxine so hopefully it might help, its only been 2 weeks.

• Posted

Omg how scary!!! Sometimes i forget about things that i did but I have not gotten to that point were i cabt recognize my family!!!! How have you been doing with the ventalafaxine these past weeks!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.