4 weeks and starting to see progress but have sleep bombs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Iam 4 weeks post TKR . I am a lot more mobile whilst my swelling is still big my leg feels freer . Less of the constant deep aching more consequential soreness. I have managed 5trips on the bus to town. People are so kind. Walking mainly without crutches at home .wound is scarring over nicely.

The only thing is that every time I rest I go into very deep sleeps. Not at night time unfortunately. I wake up not knowing what day it is. The sleeps only last about half hour.

i have a very full weekend next weekend with a family wedding a concert and a long trip on a train to meet PT to talk about post op exercise. Worried about  suddenly needed to sleep. May not go down to well at the wedding reception or concert

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

My super scar at nearly 4 weeks
    • Posted

That's a very nice looking scar for 4 weeks. When I have mine done I would be very happy with that! Well done!
    • Posted

Wow that's pretty. So u had staples or stitches? 

I have glue out in staples. I've saw some bad scars. 

• Posted

I tell ya. Pep in ky is rude. I went to a party and like to not handle it. Pep would not move chairs.  My hub got mad and said u see my wife can't walk good so since you won't move the chair I move it. The look lol. And he said know next Time move it or I'll move u in it.  And he would.  He is a big guy. And he cringes. We Went to walk art there was last behind me being art elic. Ans went around me. Buggy nugge me. He got me in safe place. Note my hub went ØFf. He waited for her and her hub to go down a asile. And he went and grab her buggy and put in front of me. She walked there with her hub. Hey he took my buggy. And he said u dumb b u almost novked my wife over to go down the perfume asile. Her man said u need to say sorry. She did not. And well meddles to say my hub said sorry your a snobby b. And sir I am sorry you have to be married to a rude b. I did not know what to say. The man said sorry for her. And made her walk out.  I heard him give her lecture lol. I tell u pep in my town is jerks. xxxx blessings. 
    • Posted

Ooooooo that's not good. I have doors opened for me . Someone had to help me out of a low chair,very funny. On the buses people make sure I am ok and will help me on and off if needed. 

If I drop my crutches which I keep on doing, everyone rushes to pick them up. I just make sure I smile at everyone

• Posted

Wow in so jelious lol. Ain't nothkng like here. Even when yA got doc u drop crutch. Lol u fend for self. Ashland is all about self. But down one else like rich snob person. U better do for them or be embersas lol. My hub goes right back at them. Yah I hear yA on crutch drop. Do it alot. Hub gets mad lol. 
  • Posted

Hi! I would be very careful not to try and do too much as personally,I've found that it makes me very ill afterwards! For example, last weekend I I did an early Christmas lunch and tea etc for family that I won't see at Xmas - nine of them - and didn't get to rest, ice, exercise etc, then on the Monday I went back to work, tried to shop etc etc and then had to "stagger" through the rest of the week feeling terrible. Still in a lot of pain and sleeping very badly! rolleyes

Glenda 7 weeks 

• Posted

b̸l̸e̸s̸s̸ y̸a̸ h̸e̸a̸r̸t̸   i̸ h̸o̸p̸e̸ b̸o̸t̸h̸ u̸ a̸l̸l̸ b̸e̸t̸t̸e̸r̸...

ι ωαѕ тσℓ∂ яєѕт ια gσσ∂  ι ¢αит σfтєи яєѕт... συ¢н συ¢н 

• Posted

I am amazed that you're able to do all this at 4 weeks! No way could I have done that. I'm not surprised that you fall into a deep sleep! I used to have an afternoon nap at your stage every day. Perhaps you could try to fit one in your busy schedule 😊 I'm full of admiration for you. Hope you enjoy your wedding and concert. Jen 21 weeks 
  • Posted

I'm trying to get the balance of how much you push yourself . Functional and occupational varied exercises seem to work. The knee is perfect and weight baring it's just the muscles, ligaments and tendons that need mending. That's where the body cuts out and sleeps for some deep maintenance . It's just a bit inconvenient . 
  • Posted

How. Well are you doing , into town on bus and the things you have got planned. Few of us would have attempted any of these at 4weeks. Your sleep pattern does seem a little odd though, are you on strong meds that are causing this? I only had paracetomal when I came out of hospital because the stronger meds were making me hallucinate. Keep up the good work and enjoy your wedding. Tucks 17weeks
    • Posted

Hi Tucks, haven't heard from you for a while. Just wondering how you're getting on? Jen x
    • Posted

Thank you Tucks .I'm on co drydamol and ibproprufen but have brought doses down to 3 times a day.

It maybe because I live alone I want to get about and see people. Our city is gorgeous at christmas so I love going to look at the christmas lights.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.