4+ weeks Hemorroid post op - what are your symptoms still or no symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to hear what your experience is or was at 4+ weeks post op. I am looking for information on longer term symptoms like are you still experiencing any pain or bleeding with bowel movements, and, or are you experiencing leakage or seepage, and if so, when did that end or has it ended yet for you. Thanks so much for your responses!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m actually 4 weeks post op and still having a lot of discomfort, swelling, discharge and fever for 2+ weeks.  My doctor does not seem concerned about fever since it has not got above 100.2.

I called today and told them I feel more pressure/pain in my rectum over past 3 days and ask to be seen Monday .  The doctors office was closed the past 2 days due to icy weather and he was in surgery today.  I told them I’m supposed to come off FMLA March 12th and if there is a problem that I want it addressed before I return to workand not ignored.

I told them I feel like there is an abscess and that It feels like a boil and that I cannot sit on my bottom because pain is too uncomfortable.

They told me keep doing sitz baths and ice packs which is exactly what I have done for past 4 weeks.

I told them so much for 2 week recovery they told me about before surgery was done.

• Posted

Hi,

Does anybody had the Rafaelo procedure? I heard it’s new and it’s painless. I have prolapsed grade 3 haemorrhoids and it’s killing me. The surgeon suggested surgery but I am scared to go through that so I was searching for a different procedure and I heard about Rafaelo procedure.

I look forward to your reply!

Suzana xx 

• Posted

I am six months post op...still having pain, frequency in movements and urgency. So, I'm sorry that I can't help...still trying to figure it out and getting so tired. 

Did just hear from someone that said they felt better closer to 7 months? Hopefully, you'll do better.

• Posted

I sure hope that things turn around for you sooner than later. I, myself, am eating once a day (longer meal so that I eat everything I need in the day in this one meal) in order to just have one or two bms a day rather than 3+. Having less bms I find is helpful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.