4 weeks in

Posted , 6 users are following.

I Just want to say how much citalopram has started to improve my life.

To anyone just starting, please give this drug a chance! The first week was the worst with the side effects, but these soon passed. Week two I started to feel more positive but this was very short lived and anxiety and depression came back feeling worse than ever. It's hard to go up then down again but this is all part of the process.

I was convinced that this was doing nothing, until week 3, I've noticed a change in myself, I used to wake up with a knot in my stomach and not want to get out of bed, but now I've felt like the old me again. I go into work and smile and feel like my head had a clear out, I used to have racing thoughts but everything just feels incontrol.

It's by no means a magic pill and the depression will always be apart of who I am, but it's more of a minor thought rather than the horrbile numb dark place I used to be in.

Just wanted to share this as when I started cit I was scouring the net for positive stories as that's what will give you the strength to stick at it. smile

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is, ladylemora!! We have to hang in there and all support each other! I'm on day 11, side effects diminishing but no improvement in the anxiety and depression yet. But I have high hopes!
  • Posted

It can take a dip, around the 3 week mark seems to be quite typical. It takes around 6 weeks to reach the optimal level that it will then stay at. It has to build up in your system rather than being instantly effective. Also, I'm finding the few dips I am having are no where near as low as where i was and also they seem to be quite short lived.

Xx

• Posted

Hi jules60344 Your right !!! keep on going as day 11 is still early days but you will get there, also ladylemora same for you, you will get there its just takes time for adjustment in our bodies.

Hi Sedaw1 it takes 6 - 8 weeks to fully feel the benefits but you could just wake up one day soon and the cloud has gone, the anxiety much reduced, and feeling "normal" so keep it up you have come so far, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

take care all !! stay positive and strong !!

Anne xx

• Posted

Thanks everyone - this morning was day 25 and my first morning being alone. I ended up having a panic attack and self-harming. My parents came and picked me up and I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Feeling scared and down that there has been no improvement.

• Posted

Oh dear, that sounds like you're having a really tough time. I'm glad your parents were able to come and pick you up and that you arranged a doctors appointment so quickly. It's so important to access support from family and close friends.

Take care of yourself and try to keep yourself safe.

Stay in touch on here if you need to xx

• Posted

Hello Mrs VN and all my chat friends

Stay with it , it works I was a crying mess for 4 weeks and anxiety was so bad I lost lot of weight, wouldn't get out of bed or go out the door. Now 9 weeks and only very slight anxiety when I wake up .

Talking on this chat line has been my life line and life saver

I'm still on 30 mg at night but sleeping good now

It does get better

Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.