4 weeks off now

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

4 weeks off mirt, today. Still have alot of anxiety and sleepless nites. I had that before. So, I have been working on being as ok as I can. I feel as though I have been held hostage, the waiting, anticipating, the hopping on the scale...so I am just gonna try and live, and see how that goes. I can feel depression lurking and if I keep on, it wont be good. I am still gonna post and I am still praying for all of us. If we can withdrawl from mirt...we can do anything!!!Stay Strong!!!Xoxox

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How old are you?

How long have you been on mirt?

• Posted

Hey Ben,

Im 40yr old. I was on 15mg for 4 months. Take care.

• Posted

Hey Ben,

I took it for insomnia. However, upon d/c i am feeling alittle depressed. I do have a depressive component in my mental health picture, but it has been stabilized for many years on another rx.

• Posted

Ben, in response to the rest of your question...i felt better because I slept regularly. I feel not so great now that I have put on 40 lbs. Lol.
    • Posted

Are you on mirtazapine and for how long.  Do you feel better or worse on it?
  • Posted

Good luck Gretel, we are all on this journey, its nasty but one day we will be back to normal.

lucky you four weeks off, im not quite off yet, did you notice whennyou dropped it, was it from a high dosage?

• Posted

Hey Ann,

I was only on 15mg for 4 months. Then I went 15mg every other nite for 2 weeks. Then 7.5mg every other nite for a week about. Then I stopped from there. Hope that helps.

• Posted

Hi Gretel Ive also been on 15mg for 10 weeks. My doctor swapped me off amitryptyline straight on to mirtazapine. I asked her about coming off the mirtazapine and best way to do it. She told me take it for 10 straight nights then then the next 10 night alternate nights. Anyway when I stopped I had 4 days off feeling like death. So I had to start taking it again. When I went to see her I told her how ill I felt by just stopping. She looked at me and her reply was it was only a small dose. Not once did she mention about tapering slowly. After doing a bit of research I said to her I need to taper off slowly otherwise it's to big a jump. She had no reply.doctors seem to think it's just like taking a paracetamol.

• Posted

Hey Ninja,

I am sure none of our docs came off of this stuff. Feels like they only worry about getting you on. I alternated on and off, then tapered and alternated til I couldnt stand it anymore, so I stopped. My dr. doesn't even know that I am off now. Been putting off my appt. until I stabilize. He would think that 40 lbs. is a reasonable price to pay for sleep. Vanity Kills, then!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.