4 weeks on cit, some improvements but still not great? Any reassurance? Please

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is my second time on cit taking for anxiety. Wish I never came of it. So I have been on a 20mg for 4 weeks. Initially side effects were horrible and only started to settle down about a week ago lost about 10kg as i was not eating at all. My sleep is better, my appetite started to increase and anxiety is still there but not as extreme as it was the first few weeks. However i still feel uncomfortable and still get days or hours of complete hopelessness and anxiety. I am just so worried that the medication is not working as first time round it worked a bit faster than this. I still struggle to go out by myself and cannot go to city center were before i never had issues at all i was very social person. I still cannot go back to work as i dont feel like i can handle it yet and i have been off for 4 weeks. My anxiety is still there and anything can tip me off so many negative thoughts, Just still feeling so hopeless and when depression kicks in it is even worse. I just want my life back and want to come back to work. How long before i will feel normal again? All these people saying they recovered after 2 weeks and now are happy makes me feel so upset because it is not same for me. Any encouragement stories that people got better after taking cit for 4 weeks? Please be positive really need encouragement. Thank you 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

could not read and run i came off citlapram as it atopped working now day 9 on sertraline . meds take 4-8 weeks to kick in and as you said you are feeling better x i do know what you mean though

• Posted

hi Lala - you know i am exactly the same - hopefully we get some reassurance here. I still get whole days of anxiety - its hasnt really gone away at all yet just gets a bit less. I am only a few days behind you and only doing a bit more as i am on the lorazepam. My psych said it can take a couple of months and on another forum im on one woman said her second and third time it took a lot longer - she said 2 months of heightened anxiety before she started noticing improvement. The important thing is that you have noticed improvements - sleep and appetite are big ones. i think for some of us its just really slow the second time. My psych also said in his experience anxiety needed higher doses - 30 or 40 so we may need to increase. we are reviewing after 6 weeks on 20. we just have to carry on one day at a time until we get better. do you have a good doctor in your new city?

• Posted

Sorry to say but its seems to take everyone a different length of time for medication to properly begin working. In as much as we are all 'wired' differently etc.

One very important think I have finally learnt for myslef is the real importance of

at least ONE day per week true relaxation, i..e doing nothing!! except for me reading &/or watching tv/dvds whatever works for you.

Its because I was alwasy running running, NO real relaxation that I got myself in a mess and nervous system went to pot & depression followed that so be more patient & make sure you RELAX.

Also get hold of a book by Paul David - 'A life at last' if you can it helped me, easy to purchase on Amazon. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.