4 weeks on citalopram mornings are hard

Posted , 4 users are following.

well just a quick update , 4 weeks now taking cit first thing in morning due to taking it in evenings spacing me out , found that the mornings are so difficult , achey , minds still so foggy and balance off , with absolutely zero energy , even my arms ache , my eyes are off focus too , any advice ? Frustrating to say the least , longing for the day I wake up with a shred of motivation .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary, I think I'm just a couple of days ahead of you, mornings are the worst for me too.  I wake up feeling fine but after taking my dose, lose all my energy and oomph.  Headache usually clears after lunch.

Thankfully, I'm still off work, though I did go back for 3 days, it just didn't work well.

I'm keeping going, hoping things will be better tomorrow...

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel , frustrating because my wife was on cit , she didn't have one side effect , she even went cold turkey off it with no side effects ! My main one day is slight anxiety , dodgy eyes and brain is mush at moment but not as bad I don't think .
  • Posted

Hello gary

Im on day 19 of taking cit i wake up every morning around 5 am I take my tablet around 6.30am. Like you I find the mornings really difficult it's just the thought of how to get through another day. I'm staying positive and hope I come out the other side after reading what other people have gone through  and got there lives back on track.

jean x

• Posted

Me too , I was on trap adobe , cymbalta , sertraline and nothing helped in fact made me worse so tapering on and off has taken its toll , I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's tough , I've noticed though that I've laughed a few times over this last week and even though it was an effort , I was suicidal at my lowest for 3 months !  , so I think mentally I am improving , the fog is debilitating for me at the moment , but I think (I hope) that it will lift , I have focussed on the positive stories and how bad others have been and got through it , it's all we can do , I'm doing my best . I unfortunately have m.s which affects my walking and standing for any time but if my mind is right I can deal with it to an extent but it makes getting through this harder as I can't go out for a walk or exercise , I'm sure WE WILL all get through it , God bless xx
    • Posted

Trazadone sorry not trap Adobe , bloody iPad x
  • Posted

I too still have the something, take mine, only 5 mg in the mornings. I get super fatigued feeling by 3 hours after taking it. Going into my 5th. Week, sure can't wait till I wake up feeling myself again. They keep saying on here a good pill and give it time well by 6 weeks I've been told the full effect, can't wait, sure hope before 6 weeks it'll kick in and for you too! Good luck to you!
  • Posted

Hi, I used to take Citalopram, but always with or after food. I never had any side effects but I had to wean myself off slowly. I think probably you are either on the wrong dosage or it just doesn't suit you. Try speaking to your GP and explain the type of side effects you are experiencing and see what he can do to help. After all medication is meant to do you good!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.