4 weeks on venlafaxine at 150mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, have been on venlafaxine at 150mg, split morning and evening. This was after a long tapered switch from citalopram, which took me to rock bottom. Ive found ven really agreeable to take, and have improved from feeling hopelessly depressed, to feeling depressed. I still have little interest in doing much, and find it really hard getting up. Ive noticed the small improvements over the last 4 weeks, but they seem to have stalled. The getting up and having little interest in doing anything other than my job, has me thinking an increase in dose might be needed. I still cant read, or watch tv or listen to the radio etc, i just have no interest. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nigel, I think we chatted here before.

That stalling out thing is not necessarily a setback, and it also doesn't mean that you need to increase your dose. It just means that your brain is still adjusting to the side, especially if you've only been on it eeks.

• Posted

Sorry about that last post, my phone was going crazy with ads....

So I meant to say....if you've only been on it for 4 weeks.I find it hard to read and pay attentiona well, but that's getting better for me, so that's not uncommon. I couldn't grocery shop THEN make a meal in the same day. It was difficult. Not because of the medicine but because of my anxiety and depression.

I know that a lot of people split their dose. But I've also heard that taking the whole dose is better. If it's hard for you to wake up and get moving in the morning, it might be that night dose. Maybe take the whole dose in the morning.

Also, I find that I have to remain "busy with a purpose". I'm no longer raising kids, so we're empty nesters, so I have lots of down time. But I volunteer, garden, scrapbook, walk the dog A LOT!!! pray, church, etc. So I'm helping my medicine to work. Exercise is a MUST to boost those endorphins and to increase your serotonin levels. Google "how to boost serotonin" and you'll learn a lot.

Hang in there, you've come this far, your going to progress part this point too. I believe you will. Meet your medicine half way by at least exercising, it makes a HUGE difference!! God bless you!!!

• Posted

Thanks tammy. Its the same advice i would give to others, i know its right, just cant manage to put it into practice. The discipline and interest arent there. Seeing pysc on friday, see what they say. The getting up thing and interest havent improved, ive got plenty to do, just not doing it. Can sort of sense when i need an increase, and feel like i need one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.