4 weeks post anterior and posterior repair with bladder sling infection an groin pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am now 4 weeks post anterior and posterior repair surgery with bladder sling have had infection for 3 weeks at appt dr said sutures are still fresh alot of inflammation. Having alot of groin an vaaginal pain feels like I have been kick in the crotch. The pain is burning stabbing an even my underwear feels tight on this side. Is this normal? Hoping to feel alot better by now an for at least some of the stiches to resolve. I also had to have my episiotomy redone bc of tramatic event that happened earlier this year which it tore open after 17 years. Any help please.......

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm 5 weeks and 4 days with same surgery. I only have a dull ache. I had stage 4 recetocle and cystocele stage 4 with bladder sling. Most of my discomfort is coming from bladder not empting. I can tell its from the bladder because when I empty it good, the discomfort goes away. I would think having gotten an infection is probably the reason you are having more pain. I've been keeping my feet up as much as possible. Which has gotten really old by now. But in reading this forum that seams to be the key. I haven't gotten any infection even though my bladder doesn't empty all the way. My doctor had recommended me to get a vaginal probiotic which I started before surgergy and have taken every day. I think that is what's kept me free of infection. I normally would had gotten a bladder infection. I had 4 while waiting on surgergy. My prolapse came on quickly.

Do hope you feel better soon, this is an emotional as well as physical. Lot of worrying for the unknown.

• Posted

Hopefully a urogynecogist did your surgery. If not please see one
    • Posted

It was. They said it sometimes takes awhile for bladder to seatle down. I have 6 week check up next week. Going to keep a diary this to show her. She had done a friend of fine 6 years ago, I hope it all went back together properly.
    • Posted

That's good. I am hopefully getting my surgery soon. Doc has me doing a bunch of stuff before ugh I just want to get it over with and be " normal " sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.