4 weeks post bladder and womb prolapse repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

im 4 weeks this surgery and I've been increasingly upping my walking and daily activities although today I've walked far more than any other day and I'm in agony in my pelvis and groin is this normal for this far into recovery?? 

Also so how long did you take to return back to normal activity and work .

thank you you for answers in advance x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi it sounds like you've over done it!!! I would rest up and take things slowly, sounds like your body is not ready yet xx

• Posted

Hi, I'm 4 weeks after surgery too. I just started to walk outside house a couple of days ago but still can't reach the end of the street....and I need to sit down or lay down after kitchen works. If I overdo, I feel uncomfortable with lower belly ache. My energy level is too low and I'm still 45.

• Posted

It takes months to recover fully. Around eight weeks for me to get around to LIGHT HOUSEWORK and I didn't get back to work till I was three and a half months post operation. Please take it easy four weeks is very early days yet. Rest, rest, rest.

• Posted

I am 12 weeks post for the same please don't even walk too much! I did the same and was in pain for a whole week - like being in labour. It's a very slow recovery, walking round the house till 8 weeks is fine. You don't want to undo the work! You feel a bit. Better but you will pay for overdoing it please be patient it does improve x

• Posted

Good Morning, thank you for all of your replies .

Its so frustrating I'm 36 yrs old and have a 5 and 7 year old so I'm eager to get back to normal , I called the Hospital yesterday as in the end I was in absolute agony and it was just like contractions!!! I'm going to the Gp to get stronger pain relief as I was only discharged on Paracetamol!?!? 

what pain relief are you ladies on ? 

I really need to rest up I've really been over doing it by the sounds of it from how all you ladies are in recovery the hospital have said I need to go on walks everyday , an said I could go back to ork by week 4 and I've been panicking about going bk in 2 weeks time .

thanks once more for your replies x

• Posted

Hi, Natalia. I know it is very hard to rest ourselves when kids are small. Mine are 10 and 12 but still not easy.

According to discharge information, we need a very short and frequent walk.

I was told to go back to work around 4 weeks. NO WAY, I need a rest every 10 mins!!

By the way, anyone has a strech feeling in belly? I have this symptoms when I was 8 or 9 months pregnancy. I have no problem about BMs. But the gas remains inside??? Very uncomfortable!!

• Posted

Hello natalia. It's difficult to judge just how much we should be doing each day but when you have symptoms such as yours after any exercise your body is telling you to slow down and take things easier. You won't have done any damage but you do need to take it easy for a few days and if you're in pain don't be a martyr take something because pain will hinder your recovery. 4 weeks is still early days, remember you've had 2 procedures so this isn't just some minor surgery it's classed as major. Have you read the Useful Resource on the Genitourinary home page particularly the South Tees information? That may help. Everyone is different though and some of us don't recover as quickly as others and I include myself in that group so don't worry if someone says that at 6 weeks they felt wonderful and returned to work and you don't, there's nothing wrong with you or your surgery. I was off work for 13 weeks but I have a friend who did a similar job and returned at 8 weeks. 

• Posted

Hi Natalia. 3 weeks is far too soon to return to work in my view. I took 3 months the first time, same op as you. I was 40 then. Last week I was given a date to go in for rectocele repair in February. He said do nothing much for 3 months, no hoovering, bending, lifting etc, no dog walking for a month! I'm supposed to leave my dog in kennels for a month apparently! Don't think that will happen. rolleyes Are you in he UK? I think most gynae's here recommend much longer than USA and elsewhere simply because they don't want to have to do it all again to our detriment. No one wants major surgery if they can help it after all. Please start taking it easy and forget about work until you're completely well. Poll xsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.