4 weeks post fistulotomy- new abscess?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all, hoping someone has some experience with what I am going through and can share their thoughts. 

Here are the details:

I have had issues with a perianal abscess since 2012. Mostly just having my colon/rectal surgeon drain it. This past March, it finally connected into my anus and became a fistula. I had what I believed to be successful surgery 4 weeks ago via a fistulotomy. I had my 3 week post op check with my doctor and everything was going well. A little drainage, but that was to be expected.

Yesterday, I got a too fimiliar pain in an area that is adjacent to where my current open wound is. That hard lump under the skin, that is sensitive to touch/sitting. This was the feeling I would get prior to the abscess popping or needing to go get it drained. 

So here I am 4 weeks posts fistulotomy and I feel like it was a waste. Has anyone one else who had a fistulotomy experiences this? Success rates are supposed to be over 90%. 

I do plan to call my doc first thing Monday AM but figured someone on this forum may have had similar experiences. 

Thanks in advance! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.