Skip to content

Anal Fissure and Proctalgia

Also known as Fissure in Ano, Proctalgia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Rodge Rodge

Anal narrowing

I’ve had 2 hsemrroid surgery s and 2 lots of Botox beeern 1/2 years I find it hard for o poo as the anus seems to have narrowed ( poo comes out flattened not round). Does anyone have this problem or has had anal dilation done.  Thank Debbie 

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Seriously depressed about anal fissure

Seriously am so depressed dealing with this the weight loss , the life change, the pain , the emotions I'm 8 days post Botox I've had so many panicking attacks my surgeon has had to contact me outside his usual hours I just feel like I'm forever doomed the Botox has worked...

Last reply
  • Has anybody had a Sphincterotomy?

Hi All, I've been advised to 'seriously consider' a Sphincterotomy following Botox, which doesn’t seem to have worked. Although I'm booked in for a second round of Botox, my consultant advised me to have the 'risky' op The risk he says could result in incontinence and this is...

Last reply
  • HOW TO CURE ANAL FISSURE QUICKLY...

Hi Everyone - I can tell you how to cure Anal Fissure's quickly... Firstly, my experience was horrible just like everyone else. I have read that it can be more painful than childbirth! Mine started from an overly large bowel movement that ripped me in 3 places. The pain was so bad that i passed...

Last reply
  • I would Appreciate if you can help me .

I've had this anal fissure for 1 1/2 months , first I thought I had something major wrong , I was out of state and end up going to the "ER" and the "ER" doctor said it was an Anal fissure , I said I've never heard of that before . I was uncomfortable and in pain and I'm...

Last reply
  • Anal Fissure

Hi all, I am hoping someone can advise me. I have had a recurring anal fissure for over a year now. It is not getting better this time. It has been over a month of incredible pain after a BM. I am in excruciating pain for at least 9-10 hours afterwards. I cannot do anything except lie in bed, take sitz...

Last reply
  • experiencing rectal pain on period, Help needed! :(

For some time now ive had really bad periods and have been referred for a laparoscopy to see if i have endometriosis. Ive been experiencing extreme menstrual cramps, infertility, pain during sex, pain during urination, and pain in my bottom. Only recently the pain in my bottom has been bad. i get shooting...

Last reply
  • Anal lesions from hemorrhoids removal surgery

I’ve had left over piles/hemorrhoids for a few years now and I’ve been to a private hospital who recommended having anal lesion removal surgery. Has anyone ever had this before? If so is it worth it? Do the bumps completely go?  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

Last reply
  • LIS surgery recovery

Anyone out there who has had a more recent LIS experience? I’ve noticed the comments are a bit dated. I am seeking and also want to share info in regards to my recent LIS surgery on July 2.  I am a 48 year old female who eats clean, exercises, but has had some constipation issues over the years,...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure healing and the benefits of Water Fasting

First off: I've been suffering from an anal fissure for about 1.5 months and tried the usual : stool softeners, drinking lots of water, medication, ointments and warm baths. The results were very feeble to say the least. I decided then to go online and research alternate ways. I stumbled onto a post...

Last reply
  • Proctalgia with fainting ?

Since the beginning of this year I have been experiencing what I think is Proctalgia by it's description but when I get it the anal pain is excruciating where I experience nausea, a cold sweat and dizziness and fainting, I always faint after which when I wake up the pain has gone completely. It happened...

Last reply
  • 4 days after lis surgery and terrified to have a bm

I had my surgery on friday and only passed two small drops of bm. I know i have to go but it hurts n its very tight down there. The stitches are excruciating n its hard to walk, sit or lay down. I dont see the light at the end of this tunnel. Im sorry i sound so negative. I think when i had the fisuures...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure.. living hell..Plzz Help!!

Hi all, I'm new to this forum.. I'm 30 years old female and a vegan..so no unhealthy history of bad eating.. I got this chronic horrible anal fissure from july2017..(got multiple internal fissures)so it's been a year now.. since then my life became hell.. worst excruciating pain I have ever...

Last reply
  • Fissure for 6 months, no pain though?

Hi everyone, I have read many posts on here about everyone's struggle with the curse that is an anal fissure. This is my first time posting but I thought I should because I have never read another person with a situation quite like mine... which is peculiar to say the least. A little background......

Last reply
  • Anal fissure surgery- sphinctorectomy

Hi, I have finally appointment on tommorow for sphinctorectomy surgery for my anal fissure. I have got this 5 times in one year.. but this time the blood flow not stopped after using the anovate and stool softener as suggested by doctor. They said better you go for surgery lls sphinctorectomy. Even...

Last reply
  • New Protocol To Treat Anal Fissures at Columbiasurgery.org

I hope this help some one has anus fissures and decide to go surgery. This new method to surgery by Dr. Daniel Feingold at University of Columbia.  Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) as it was broken. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the...

Last reply
  • Healing a Chronic Anal Fissure

I suffered with an anal fissure for almost 6 months. Having bowel movements was like passing shreds of glass & the pain was so bad for hours afterwards. I would wake up the next day dreading the next bowel movement. I actually thought it was piles & didnt know what it was until after about 8...

Last reply
  • Faecal incontinence following botox

It's day 10 after botox injections for an anal fissure I've had 5 episodes of faecal incontinence since the procedure and coupled with the fissure pain which hasn't eased as yet am feeling increasingly miserable Any one else experience incontinence after botox? How long did it last?...

Last reply
  • Fissurectomy post op help needed

Hi all, I had a Fissurectomy op two days ago and am still in the most terrible pain. It is as bad as before if not worse! When can I expect to feel better. I am beside myself with this pain and have forgotten what a normal life feels like. It’s has been months of anal fissure pain and now post op I am...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure: Remedies that are working for me

I've had an anal fissure for four months now. And after my second flareup a few days back, I've found some remedies and developed some habits that have helped me so far. I pray they help you too.  DIET 1) Water: Consume lots of water even if you have to go pee every hour. This is key. ...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure

Has anyone else ever had this experience? After child birth i got a fissure this was 4 years ago. For 3 years i tried medications to try and heal it with no such luck. Last August i had my first spincerecotomy. I was still in pain and still bleeding so 4 weeks later she cut the muscle on the other side....

Last reply
  • Bowel compilations after surgery

I am now almost 6 weeks post op from ankle surgery. I took pain pills for about 2 weeks afterwards and was constipated for a while. Now that the constipation is gone, I’m having sharp pain and burning for a little while afterward while using the bathroom and have bright red blood every time I wipe. Recently...

Last reply
  • Anal narrowing

I’ve had 2 hsemrroid surgery s and 2 lots of Botox beeern 1/2 years I find it hard for o poo as the anus seems to have narrowed ( poo comes out flattened not round). Does anyone have this problem or has had anal dilation done.  Thank Debbie 

Posted
  • THIS IS SO MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY PAINFUL

I honestly don't know what to do anymore, last year after I keep wiping blood after a BM I went to my GP and was diagnosed with an anal fissure and it healed after weeks and weeks of pain but there will be times I'd find spots of blood again after a few weeks of nothing and it feels like im just...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure lis surgery

Hey all After some advise I’ve suffered with anal fissure for probably 2 and half years now, 2 months ago I had Botox which is now warn off and consultant is offering lis Surgery on 13th July. I’m A bridesmaid a week after this on the 20th and then hubby goes away on 26th for 4 months leaving me with...

Last reply
  • The Cause of Proctalgia Fugax / Anal Pain

Hi all, After suffering from anal pain for years I have recently being overjoyed by the fact I've found the name of it - Proctalgia Fugax! Having tried to read as much as I can I've found no one really knows the cause yet. So I'd like to start a post, not to discuss treatments/pain relief,...

Last reply
  • Fissure won't heal up

I was told I had a anal fissure, tried doctors  medicine and in 4 weeks, I feel no relief.  It really hurts. I have read about coconut oil, does anyone know about this and does it work.?  Thanks

Last reply
  • Small scab on anus for 2 months or so.

I have had a small scab on the outside of my anus for about 2 months now. Twice it has flares up and become very sore and a bit larger. First time was when it first started to develop and second time when I irritated the scab. I have been to see my GP 3 times about it but it is still there. I am using...

Last reply
  • Itchy=Healing??

Hi: I am now almost 6 weeks post Botox. The spasms and pain have reduced greatly in just the last week. I have also been using diltiazem cream twice a day for over 4 weeks. I don’t know if it’s the Botox or cream that has finally started to do the job of reducing the spasms but I am grateful to finally...

Last reply
  • I have stabbing pain in rectal area

I am 34 Male and having stabbing pain in my rectal area for past 6 months. It started after I was diagnosed with Kidney stone. The pain radiates to buttocks and to back. Recently colonoscopy was conducted and found the presence of a mild fissure (non Bleeding). The medicines and creams provided did not...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.