Skip to content

Anal Fissure and Proctalgia

Also known as Fissure in Ano, Proctalgia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Perianal Abscess/Anus Fistula

Hi, A brief overview: In beginning of March, I felt like there's a cut in my anal canal and pooping was painful (no blood and any other symptoms). After 10days of pain, I started to eat more veggies and fruit and the pain left. Following, a perianal abscess formed and it was crazily painful (mid-end...

Posted
  • Fissurectomy and botox surgery for anal fissure

I had a fissurectomy and botox in mid April (2 1/2 weeks ago) for a chornic fissure in the posterior area (6' oclock). I can lightly walk now but walking, sitting, and standing all inflame two red bumps of tissue in the anterior area (12' oclock). This is not where the fissure was or where he...

Last reply
  • Anyone with a chronic fissure had experience of a colonoscopy

Unsuccessful botox on 29th December 2017 . Fissure not healing although pain not as horrendous as at onset. Adverse reaction to botox and still incontinent. Been referred to gastroenterologist because of changes to bowel habits which started at same time as fissure Min 4 bms every morning....taking...

Last reply
  • Soft bump around rectal area (Pic included)

I have this soft bump on my rectum area that's been there for some time, but it doesn't hurt, bleed, or itch. I can't tell if it's a skin tag or an actual hemorrhoid. Should I go to my doctor or can it go away with OTC creams? I'm so lost. 

Posted
  • Pain in bottom but also numb tail bone region

Hi there. I hope someone can give me an idea of what this may be. I have a history of anal fissure and piles with several bleeding. I taken 2 cosmocol sachets daily since January and everything has calmed down. I haven't had any bleeding since Feb. I get occasional pain but it doesn't last...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure or first stage of piles

I got an anal fissure last year, howerver pain was bearable and it got heal after taking meditation. For now, after 1 year and 3 month I got it back again and the pain is unberable. Along with anal fissure the outer layer of anal is swollen which is creating difficult for me to stand, sit, walk making...

Last reply
  • Anal fissure nightmare had Botox injections

Like everyone else in this group, I am living in this nightmare caused by an anal fissure. Glad to find this site as it helps people to feel like they’re not alone. It’s not something you can really discuss with anyone but those closest which makes it so hard.  I have Fibromyalgia so I am no stranger...

Posted
  • Blood for almost 6-7 months

I’m needing a little guidance. I don’t like google diagnosing myself, but I also don’t have health insurance so I can’t realy run to a doctor every time I’m sick or have a minor ailment.  Every time I pass stool (I MEAN EVERY TIME) there’s a lot of blood. I mean the water in the toilet is dark red...

Last reply
  • Fissure solution

In 2016 I was diagnosed with an anal fissure. I was 64 years old and had problems all my life with which I thought were hemmoriods. My guess is I had a fissure all along. Weight lifting, or any heavy lifting always aggravated the fissure. In 2016 I did a lot of research and tried coconut oil and a herbal...

Posted
  • Nerve damage caused by fissures?

I’ve been seen by two colorectal surgeons both who say that although I’ve had several horrendous fissures in the past, I’m now healed and have no tightness of the sphincter whatsoever. They say I have a completely normal anus. I’ve dealt with constant ‘fissure’ pain for 8 years now. The problem is I...

Last reply
  • BOTOX INJECTION IN MUSCLE FOR ANAL FISSURE OUTCOME

Hi one and all just to let you all knowy Botox injection outcome. I had this injection on the 6th December 2007, I was only in for the day, I feel so much better, no more having a bath at 2 and 3 in the morning. The muscle spasms have gone, if anyone of you have read about me on this forum I was in...

Last reply
  • healing time after botox for anal fissure

Hi everyone! So I went in for the botox treatment for my anal fissure around 3 weeks ago, after trying every cream for the past year or so to no avail.  Since the treatment my pain is still there and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same treatment and was successful and how long...

Last reply
  • Fissures hell

Surgery or diet about to give up. 6 months and hurting, throbbing...its about to kill me! Help, suggestions welcome! Thanks

Last reply
  • Seriously depressed about anal fissure

Seriously am so depressed dealing with this the weight loss , the life change, the pain , the emotions I'm 8 days post Botox I've had so many panicking attacks my surgeon has had to contact me outside his usual hours I just feel like I'm forever doomed the Botox has worked...

Last reply
  • Anal skin tags

I have had problems with an anal fissure for a while now, and as a result have formed a lot of skin tags/extra skin around my anus. I have had surgery to have them removed twice but they tend to grow back. Has anyone tried any home remedies with any success as I'd like to avoid surgery again? It's...

Last reply
  • Skin tags from chronic fissures

I've had chronic fissures for probably 6 years now. I'm young(20,F), and I ignored them for the longest time out of embarrassment. I notice now that I have 2 anal skin tags, and looking into it, I'm positive they're related to fissures I have... which I actually thought were hemorrhoids...

Last reply
  • Help me please

I am having very hard stools. I tried everything ro make it soft. I need help. I am very scared.

Last reply
  • Scared of colon cancer

I notice blood after passing stools for 5 weeks already. The bleeding is on and off. And today i notice my stool is thin n fairly long. I google and all the symptoms are caused by serious disease. Can anyone here share your experience? I'm only 24 years old.

Posted
  • Anal pain after passing stools

My anal pain seems not to go away .. The pain during defecation is just minime but it increases the intensity for many hours after passing stool. Scared of anal cancer  

Last reply
  • Is this a hemeroid or a boil?

Does not hurt when I poop, this it's a boil Here is image links Please help! Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

Posted
  • The Punch technique is a God send!

I posted here a few months back detailing my attacks and diagnosis. I read through the forums and came across the "Punch Technique". It has worked for me everytime. At first I thought I had to quite literally punch myself in the Anus which sounded questionable and upon first trying, difficult!...

Last reply
  • Worried

I have been struggling with anal fissure for a month now. I went to my doctor and she said anal fissure immediately without doing a rectal examination. She said she can see a posterior fissure just by her inspection. My fissure still hasnt got better yet.. Several days ago,i havent bled during bowel...

Last reply
  • Anal Fistula without Surgery option

Hello All Participants, Hope all are doing alright. This blog is very informative and helpful. Is anyone treating fistula with homeopathy and think it can be fully cured by that ? . From last 8 years I have small tinny opening which is not at all problematic, it discharge occasionally very little and...

Posted
  • Need help with preventing Reoccurrence

In August of last year I developed an anal fissure. I vividly remember the day it happened and the agonizing pain. For the 5 months that followed it was torture. I was so close to having surgery. I tried EVERY and I mean EVERY remedy out there and eventually I found what worked for me (I’ll post more...

Last reply
  • HOW TO CURE ANAL FISSURE QUICKLY...

Hi Everyone - I can tell you how to cure Anal Fissure's quickly... Firstly, my experience was horrible just like everyone else. I have read that it can be more painful than childbirth! Mine started from an overly large bowel movement that ripped me in 3 places. The pain was so bad that i passed...

Last reply
  • Fissure surgery

Hey I just had a fissure surgery last Saturday and it's been one week now but when I go for poop I feel little burning so is this okay?? Or do I need to check with my surgeon???

Posted
  • Proctalgia fugax is ruining my life

Hello everyone, I'm just hear really to see if I can find some support to help deal with this god awful disease and also to find out if others are experiencing the same thing I am really. The attacks started about 5 years ago now it's pretty standard and the attacks are always the same, I awake...

Last reply
  • Help!! Anal fissures still bleed. Serious disease?

Hi,last month,I have experienced a tearing sensation when passing stools,after that i notice there is bright red blood when i wipe. I experience bleeding after every bowel movement now. Once in a while,i saw blood on my underpants after i passed gas. Scared? Anyone ever experience bleeding more than...

Last reply
  • Fissure for 6 months, no pain though?

Hi everyone, I have read many posts on here about everyone's struggle with the curse that is an anal fissure. This is my first time posting but I thought I should because I have never read another person with a situation quite like mine... which is peculiar to say the least. A little background......

Last reply
  • Anal fissure is still bleeding.

Anyone has more than one anal fissure? My fissure is still bleeding from time to time and yesterday i notice there was blood when i passed gas too.. And have you have ever noticed ur stools? The stools seems to mix with blood at the end of the bowel movement.. I told this to my doctor and she seems not...

Posted
  • Will my colonoscopy spot an anal fissure?

I have a colonoscopy due soon for Crohn's disease. I also have a fissure or something similar causing pain, will they see this and do anything about it? I'm wondering only because they are looking for Crohn's specifically and might ignore other issues like a fissure or hemmerhoid.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.