Skip to content

Anal Fissure and Proctalgia

Also known as Fissure in Ano, Proctalgia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Severe pain

I’m in excruciating pain.. Had BM 5 hours ago and pain is not letting up.. Tried hot shower , nitroglycerin suppository, pain meds.. Nothing is working I had Botox 4 mos ago/ it helped a bit. My doctor thinks I should have LSE surgery but I’m afraid and can’t take time off from Any advice is …

Last reply
  • Healing a Chronic Anal Fissure

I suffered with an anal fissure for almost 6 months. Having bowel movements was like passing shreds of glass & the pain was so bad for hours afterwards. I would wake up the next day dreading the next bowel movement. I actually thought it was piles & didnt know what it was until after about 8 …

Last reply
  • diet after lateral internal sphincterotomy

hi i’m Iz, i’m 22 years old guys and  ive been suffering from anal fissure on and off for almost a year now..i did try some home remedies from this forum which they recommended me to use use virgin coconut oil and sudocrem..and it worked for me and healed my fissure but somehow when i got …

Posted
  • Anyone give up Caffeine to hydrate body and help Fissure?

I'm on my 3rd year of fissure with sporadic relief and then bouts of pain that last all day.  I'm a coffee addict despite knowing it dehydrates the body.  Has anyone let go of coffee and found improvement in fissure pain due to the body being more hydrated? Thanks

Last reply
  • Has anyone tried Pranicure ointment?

My fissure has been healing. My BMs are not that painful and it has not been bleeding. But I have been extremely itchy and won’t go away. I have tried many different creams and coconut oils and I have even changed my diet. Nothing seems to work.  Has anyone tried Pranicure ointment?  

Last reply
  • Sphincterotomy, Hemrrhoidectomy and Anal Skin tag removal

Hi! I'm hoping someone in here has been through a similar experience as I have been through and can give me some pointers on what to expect or what helped you. About a month ago, I got the Botox treatment for my Anal fissure. It was a painful recovery because I had problems with constipation …

Last reply
  • Fistula - MRI - Need help

Dear friends/doctor, Need your help in understanding MRI report. I got different views from different doctors and confused what to do. Please help to explain. Background I had fistula surgery done about one and half year ago. My fistula track is cured completely. Sometimes I feel absolutely …

Last reply
  • Fissure Caused by Often Bowel Movements?

Hi, I'm curious if a fissure can be caused by too often bowel movements?  For a few years I was on the vegan diet. During that period I had 5 or even more bowel movements a day (mostly loose). I thought it's useful to "get rid of waste" often as they preach of vegan sites, …

Last reply
  • Anal fissure.. living hell..Plzz Help!!

Hi all, I'm new to this forum.. I'm 30 years old female and a vegan..so no unhealthy history of bad eating.. I got this chronic horrible anal fissure from july2017..(got multiple internal fissures)so it's been a year now.. since then my life became hell.. worst excruciating pain I have …

Last reply
  • My experience with a chronic anal fissure

Hi all I thought that I would post this as a lot of people appear to be going through the same agony that I was going through for over a year. Anyway, I was at uni and going through a bad time in my life, whenever I get stressed my guts go into turmoil. As a result I was off uni for a week with …

Last reply
  • Having the sphincterotomy

After having this fissure for 6 months and trying a few ointments Im going to have the sphincterotomy. My pain from the fissure tends to vary some days/weeks Im in bed crying while other days its a minor soreness for a few hours after a BM. But i have just grown tired of having pain with each …

Last reply
  • Fissure surgery didn’t work

Hello I’ve had a partial internal Sphincterotomy for an anal fissure almost 3 months ago and I’m still in pain. Pain is not as bad as before the surgery (pain was 8-10) but still average 3/4 pain level , some days 5/6 . Any one out there with this experience? If so, what did you do?...I don’t want …

Last reply
  • Open hemorrhoidectomy 14 weeks ago and still bleeding after bm

In the last 2 years I've had 4 lots of surgery on my hemorrhoids, which include excision, banding, THD, more excisions and the last one in January was an open hemorrhoidectomy which has left 2 open wounds, at 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock. I saw my consultant just over 3 weeks ago, he said …

Last reply
  • Ongoing Problems

My anal fissure and hemorrhoids seem to have settled down but I still am experiencing difficulty passes stool. I need to take a stool softener several times a week to avoid hard stools and flare ups. The problem is I have to squeeze out the stool as everything down there is so tight. I need to take …

Last reply
  • Still sore!!

Hi, How are you going now with it all? I’ve had six months of hell and three weeks after surgery I’m still suffering big time!  it is less hours of pain per day but still very severe after bm. what can we do!!? Is it worth trying Botox again?? Any suggestions as my pain is ruining my life …

Last reply
  • Proctalgia Fugax - A cure that works for me.

For 20 years, I've had random episodes of Proctalgia Fugax where I am woken up in the middle of the night with the pain and cannot go back to sleep. These episodes usually last 20 minutes if I'm lucky, but sometimes as long as 40 minutes.  I've found something that takes the pain …

Last reply
  • Seriously depressed about anal fissure

Seriously am so depressed dealing with this the weight loss , the life change, the pain , the emotions I'm 8 days post Botox I've had so many panicking attacks my surgeon has had to contact me outside his usual hours I just feel like I'm forever doomed the Botox has …

Last reply
  • Sensitive Rectal Tissue from Fissue

I was diagnosed with anal fissure almost 3 years ago.  In my search for a doc that could help the 5th one was the ticket who prescribed a compound of nitroglycerin and lidocaine to be put in the anus every day.  It worked and I haven't had a cutting/bleeding episode but in retrospect …

Last reply
  • My brother does not feel urge to pee

Hi, my brother is 32 yrs old. 2 weeks back he complained of not able to pass stools and urine and also immense pain in the area. We took to the doctor and he was diagnosed with Anal fissures. With some medications he is able to pass stools but not urine. He was on catheter till yesterday. Now with …

Last reply
  • Is this life-threatening?

I'm 27 year old male. Just this morning i have a bowel movement which is hard to pass for like 1-2 min. After i somehow pass the stool my anus is hurting like it's swollen so i look at my stool. It is normal stool 2 inch size like 3 pieces of this. I kept on looking after this tiny little …

Last reply
  • HOW TO CURE ANAL FISSURE QUICKLY...

Hi Everyone - I can tell you how to cure Anal Fissure's quickly... Firstly, my experience was horrible just like everyone else. I have read that it can be more painful than childbirth! Mine started from an overly large bowel movement that ripped me in 3 places. The pain was so bad that i …

Last reply
  • My Self-Treatment for Proctalgia Fugax

I am a 59-year old male and have suffered from PF for about 7 years. My episodes were about 6x/year earlier, but thankfully are down to about one per year. The attacks can be incredibly painful, and scary—with the worst ones, you feel like you’re going to pass out.  After suffering through …

Last reply
  • Is this normal?

I’ve been suffering with a fissure for over a year now. I was on nitroglycerin ointment for a short while. I didn’t like the side effects at all! Anyway I eventually had the fissure  under control for a few months but now it has come back and it is worse than ever. I saw a colorectal doctor …

Last reply
  • Chronic fissure. Recent skin tag removal

Had a couple significant skin tags removed 6 days ago.  Nasty fissure (third time in 17 years and worst flare up) Using nefedipine/lidocaine compounded oinment 3x daily and will do so for 6 weeks  Sitz 2-3 times per day.  Drinking water and doubled fiber intake as well.   Still …

Posted
  • Anal fissure healing and the benefits of Water Fasting

First off: I've been suffering from an anal fissure for about 1.5 months and tried the usual : stool softeners, drinking lots of water, medication, ointments and warm baths. The results were very feeble to say the least. I decided then to go online and research alternate ways. I stumbled onto a …

Last reply
  • Anal lesions from hemorrhoids removal surgery

I’ve had left over piles/hemorrhoids for a few years now and I’ve been to a private hospital who recommended having anal lesion removal surgery. Has anyone ever had this before? If so is it worth it? Do the bumps completely go?  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

Last reply
  • Could This be an Anal Fissure?

Hi, I'm 36 years old male, never had any health problems in the past. Something is going on with my anus for almost two years and I didn't visited any doctors yet due to my health anxiety. I will appreciate if people with anal fissure read my post and inform me what they think about my …

Last reply
  • Painful Anal Fissure

Hey guys. I’ve literally ran out of options and no longer know what to do. I’m a 23 year old female.  About last Monday, 12 days ago, I started getting a reeeeaaallyy sharp pain in my anus out of nowhere. I was literally laying down watching a movie with my boyfriend when my butt started …

Last reply
  • Anal itching and a little pain/poking like sensation

Hi, I am getting anal itching before on and after passing motion. also a little pain and sometimes burning sensation after passing motion. It feels like some little horns are there. I started this 2 weeks ago. what i should do now? no blood in the stool. this was worse initially now it is a reduced …

Last reply
  • Coconut Oil

My second episode of an anal fissure. The first was cured by surgery around 25 years ago. This one was caused, I think, by knocked off my motorcycle from behind while stationary. Young girl texting! Anyway, after weeks of discomfort and moderate to severe pain I decide to try coconut oil (amazing …

Last reply
  • Analysis fissure

I have been down with analysis pain. Initially thought it was pile but was last week told is Anna fissure.My doctor recommended surgery as the final treatment. But could it be treated without surgery

Last reply
  • Anal Fissure

Hi all, I am hoping someone can advise me. I have had a recurring anal fissure for over a year now. It is not getting better this time. It has been over a month of incredible pain after a BM. I am in excruciating pain for at least 9-10 hours afterwards. I cannot do anything except lie in bed, take …

Last reply
  • Has anybody had a Sphincterotomy?

Hi All, I've been advised to 'seriously consider' a Sphincterotomy following Botox, which doesn’t seem to have worked. Although I'm booked in for a second round of Botox, my consultant advised me to have the 'risky' op The risk he says could result in incontinence and this …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.