Thoughts on diet for ongoing healing.

Posted , 7 users are following.

hey everyone...

for both anal fissures and hemmorhoids, what are your thoughts about?

plant based diets?

taking out aciditic foods?

to help with healing and sustain recurrence

thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I tried juice fasting with good results or just eat fruits only and use juicy fruits oranges, berries, mango....

• Posted

Hey thanks for the reply.

can you elaborate?

how long did you do this for? are you completely healed with no reccurmece?

what did it consists of?

• Posted

sorry for the late reply... juicing did heal me to the extent that I wasn't hurting. I did it for 14 days total. it's hard to do it for long term and I can feel the fissure is still there but is slowly healing. the only way I think to heal a fissure is to keep stool soft like icecream. I'm currently using miralax 1 or 2 caps until I get the soft stool and vaseline before passing stool. this seems to be working but it's a very slow healing process...

• Posted

wondering how is your healing going ? like you mentioned in your comment, my fissure is healing so slow.. this is my 4th week of pain free but I can still feel the wound and that area is still very sensitive.. wondering if that is normal??

• Posted

Hey Did your fissure heal? How do you prevent reopening?

• Posted

i didn't have a problem with acidic food, but everyone is different so you could try cutting it out your diet. the worst thing for me was white flour. so i would suggest:

-take magnesium citrate/oxide supplement daily: this is the best stool softener!

-don't eat white flour foods or anything that is constipating for you

-add kiwis, pears, prunes, flax seed to your diet

-find a good balance between your fibre intake and water intake. too much fibre or too much water can cause really big stools

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.