Anal fissure strange symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, after a strange mix of food a few weeks ago i had a dodgy stomach, pain around my anus/rectum started Wednesday before christmas, then mostly all night, every night from the Thursday all over Christmas & new year. definitely had piles but when i got in bed and laid on my front the intense pain started within minutes. nothing stopped the pain, after new year i got anusol and seemed to get better but i still had pain inside so started using the applicator to apply internally. saturday i had diarrhoea but no pain until late evening and then got a full nights sleep for the first time in weeks. i still kept the anusol up sunday and was uncomfortable all day, by the night time i was in bits, i couldnt relieve the pain in anyway, phoned out of hours doctors out of desperation who told me to see GP. monday wasnt great but the pain finally went after walking 3 miles then i went to docs, who after an internal exam found a fissure. my god that was painful!!!

now i know its not just piles im keeping more of an eye on symptoms, doing all the self-help and ive been able to manage the pain better, mainly by breathing deeply to relax the muscle but also GTN cream. now under a consultant who said it will take 2-3 weeks to start healing after starting the GTN.

the strange symptoms are; no blood, no real pain when i go to the toilet but 2-3 hours later, pain when i stand for more than a few minutes, i originally had the terrible pain on lying down but that suddenly stopped.

has anyone else had these, and what im most worried about, is does the pain mean its opened back up again every time?

ive already felt reassured reading these posts as thought i was going crackers with the pain, thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.