Posted , 4 users are following.
I've had an anal fissure for four months now. And after my second flareup a few days back, I've found some remedies and developed some habits that have helped me so far. I pray they help you too.
1) Water: Consume lots of water even if you have to go pee every hour. This is key.
2)Olive oil and milk: This stuff is GREAT. Take a glass of milk. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and drink it on empty stomach first thing in the morning. This helps lubricate your intestines and bowel and helps a lot if you're constipated.
3) In my part of the world, we eat wheat chapati twice or thrice a day. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter on top of it. Wheat is rich in fiber and butter acts as a laxative.
4) Ispaghula husk in milk at night: Ispaghula husk is available under different names worldwide. Add 1 Tablespoon of Ispaghula husk, a pinch of turmeric (optional) in a glass of milk, and drink that 1-2 hours before you sleep.
All of the aforementioned ingredients are natural so that's an added benefit.
TREATING THE FISSURE
1) Don't strain while defecating. Try to build a routine and defecate at the same time everyday.
2) Every time you use the toilet (to pee or to defecate), apply mustard oil to the fissure/anus afterwards. This maybe tiresome but it does wonders for your fissure. Wipe the excess gently with tissue paper.
3) After you defecate, apply mustard oil if the pain is under control and if it's too much to bear, apply HADENSA. It is a herbal ointment. It provides instant relief and softens the area. It shouldn't be used more than once/twice per day.
These are some remedies that have helped me so far. I understand seeing blood after you defecate or the pain that you experience can be terrifying and unbearable which is why I spent hours searching the internet for remedies because I was just too scared to defecate again.It was really helpful but by making a few changes to those remedies to adjust to your own needs, you can find a regimen that suits you the most. Please post the tips that worked for you if your fissure has healed so that others may also benefit from it.
I pray we all get complete releif. Ameen
0 likes, 4 replies