Anal fissure: Remedies that are working for me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had an anal fissure for four months now. And after my second flareup a few days back, I've found some remedies and developed some habits that have helped me so far. I pray they help you too. 

DIET

1) Water: Consume lots of water even if you have to go pee every hour. This is key. 

2)Olive oil and milk: This stuff is GREAT. Take a glass of milk. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and drink it on empty stomach first thing in the morning. This helps lubricate your intestines and bowel and helps a lot if you're constipated.

3) In my part of the world, we eat wheat chapati twice or thrice a day. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter on top of it. Wheat is rich in fiber and butter acts as a laxative. 

4) Ispaghula husk in milk at night: Ispaghula husk is available under different names worldwide. Add 1 Tablespoon of Ispaghula husk, a pinch of turmeric (optional) in a glass of milk, and drink that 1-2 hours before you sleep. 

All of the aforementioned ingredients are natural so that's an added benefit.

TREATING THE FISSURE

1) Don't strain while defecating. Try to build a routine and defecate at the same time everyday.

2) Every time you use the toilet (to pee or to defecate), apply mustard oil to the fissure/anus afterwards. This maybe tiresome but it does wonders for your fissure. Wipe the excess gently with tissue paper. 

3) After you defecate, apply mustard oil if the pain is under control and if it's too much to bear, apply HADENSA. It is a herbal ointment. It provides instant relief and softens the area. It shouldn't be used more than once/twice per day. 

These are some remedies that have helped me so far. I understand seeing blood after you defecate or the pain that you experience can be terrifying and unbearable which is why I spent hours searching the internet for remedies because I was just too scared to defecate again.It was really helpful but by making a few changes to those remedies to adjust to your own needs, you can find a regimen that suits you the most. Please post the tips that worked for you if your fissure has healed so that others may also benefit from it.

I pray we all get complete releif. Ameen

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When I had my fissure the things that helped me -

If I needed to Poop it was in a sitz bath then jumping onto a fresh one with coconut oil , warm water , Epsom salts 

Sitz baths at least three times a day 

Proktis m cream and suppositories and 

Emuaid cream 

Bert bees peppermint lip balm worked wonders 

Diet lots of water movicol twice a day 

Broccoli and spinach 

Fish 

Now it’s healed I still take my sitz baths morning and night 

I wipe with toilet wipes only no tissue 

Still use Bert bees to moisten the area 

And still scared !! 

Hope all

Helps x

• Posted

Around 4 months ! Still do everything as tho I have one as the thought of it returning is hell

Main aim to keep my stools soft ! 

Sitz baths ! 

Hope all helps 

• Posted

Hi Natasha, I do the same what you do, but not recovering, I take stool softener every single day, initially it helped me but now it's not working at all..no matter I increase the amount.. I have read hear that taking stool softener every day make your body use to it and I m finding it true in my case.. can you suggest something?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.