Anal fissure.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Ive had an anal fissure since last August. Since xmas the pain has been immense and have been off work for the last 8 weeks.

I paid privately to have the botox injection which I had 4 days ago, and today Ive only just managed to open my bowels. The pain is horrendous, i take daily laxido and Ducolax, drink loads of water and try to eat a high fibre diet.

Can anyone tell me how long it took for their botox to work or if it didnt work at all. Im at my wits end, had enough of this pain, it controls my life.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it also took me about 4 days to have a BM after (eua) botox and fissurectomy, i also deal with internal/ external hemmorhoids, constipation and pelvic floor dysfunction.

week one after procedures was rough but no where near the pain i was in prior. i have dealt with all of this close to 10 years now. cream compounds and pelvic floor therapy have worked in the past but this last fissure break has been the absolute worse.

my surgeon cleared me for pelvic floor therapy around week 6 botox (no internal work through rectum) pelvic floor therapy helps me relax/control muscles for BMs. my pelvic floor has been traumatized and is a constant spasm tight , causing pain. it also helps break up the scar tissue from the fissure.

i am almost 2 months into my botox treatment and i will say every day has been different. you may already no all the things but it all has to do with your BMs size, consistency, amount, how many times a day you go.

i take colace 2x daily, miralax one dose every morning. everyones different so youll have to find your best routine. almost a gallon of water daily

i eat my fiber intake, as the fiber supplements cause my BMs to

be too hard.

Walking helped alot . movement helps BMs keep doing their thing.

mentally i have so much anxiety. take things day by day. i am just getting back to work next week. wish me luck , i hope the best for you.

fissure pain is the worst. i would not wish this in my worst enemy.

• Posted

one more thing - dont strain or push let things come out when they are ready.

• Posted

are you feeling better now? How long did it take for you to heal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.