Anal fissure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For about a month I have had a small hard abscess with discharge of hair and pus near the anal area. I don't have any particular pain but it worries me. Could it be an anal fistula? I ass a photo for more details.

Thanks in advance for your help.!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Theres several ingrown hairs and dead skin build up in one or two pores. It needs to be extracted and all the ingrown hairs pulled out. It might heal without surgery but if there's a large pocket left then you might need surgery to prevent it from happening again. It will get badly infected if they're not removed. Id try popping it and keeping that area as clean as possible and hope it heals.

• Edited

A friend of mine had something like that and his got badly infected to the point where they had to do surgery and then leave the wound packed before doing surgery again. All from a collection of ingrown hairs. Get it checked if you cant get it out yourself. They could make a small incision to get it out and stitch it but you might be able to pop it yourself and get rid of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.