4 weeks post gallbladder removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well i was kinda hoping i wouldnt have to post on here again for myself sad Im 4 weeks post removal everything was going to well bit tired but nothing major. The past few days ive been getting the dreaded gripeing pains not in gb site but in the middle right near my rib cage it only last 10 minutes and seems to go if i drink cold water then i have to 'go' to toilet. I had a horrid cold and wondering if ive just puled sometjing or if its indegestion but its always first thing in morning. Ive had some back pain too. Im terrified to go to drs incase its something to do with gb silly i no. Anyone offer any similar symntoms?

thank you

hannah xxx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm no doctor but I wouldn't rule out effects from an antibiotic affecting the stomach? Either that or reflux? Try a healthier diet and stay away from anything spicy. No soda. Google foods to stay away that cause indigestin. Hope that helps but I would address it with a doctor in case you got an infection. I wonder if it could be an ulser? They found antibiotics can cure that. It's caused by a bacteria most the times and it can be cured. you may need an upper GI if it keeps up.
  • Posted

I would go to your doctor.

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

Better than I was but still having to be careful what I eat.

GP thinks I may have IBS or there may be a stone stuck in my bile duct.

Waiting for an appointment for an endoscopy.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

I'm 7wks post op. I have pains like that. Idk what it is and no one has a answer for me. It comes and goes and worse during the night and morning. I do know its been more bearable this last two weeks maybe due to healing more...I'm not sure. Wish I had a answer. But definitely go to your doc and get it checked out. That's the best thing to do. Hopefully he/she has an answer for the pain your having because it can be many different things.

Best of luck. Hope you get better soon. Know that your not alone. There are several people that have similar pain.

Let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

Hey ive given up coffee and it seems to have worked and reduced my milk intake so fingers crossed. I hope your feeling better soon let me know if you get any answers. I love this group so supportive smile x
  • Posted

Thanks Sarah for the input/ suggestion,

I do in fact have an appointment with the surgeon due to my last test:

I may have to have it out depending on what he says. I think I have to have the MRI test redone only with contrasts this time:

Here are the results of your test(s):

MRI of Abdomen:

Resulted Orders

MR ABDOMEN WO CONTRAST

Narrative

Procedure(s):MR ABDOMEN WO CONTRAST

Date of service: 10/10/2015 1:15 PM

Provided clinical information: 60 years, Male, "RUQ abdominal pain"

Procedure and materials: Standard protocol.

Contrast: None. Intravenous access could not be obtained.

Potential limitations: Lack of intravenous contrast limits organ

evaluation.

Comparison studies: Abdominal ultrasound 9/12/2015 is reviewed.

Observations:

Liver is normal size, contour, and signal. Limited assessment for

hepatic masses in the absence of intravenous contrast. Hepatic

vasculature appears unremarkable within limitations.

The gallbladder is contracted with mildly thickened wall. There is no

pericholecystic fluid. The cystic duct is only partially visible

through the distal extent to the confluence at the common duct.

Intrahepatic and extra hepatic biliary tree is otherwise normal.

The noncontrast appearance of the pancreas, spleen, adrenal glands,

and kidneys is unremarkable. Upper abdominal bowel and vasculature is

negative within limits. No abdominal free fluid or grossly pathologic

adenopathy is seen. Signal in the lung bases and bone marrow is

likewise normal.

Impression

IMPRESSION:

1. The gallbladder is contracted with mildly thickened wall.

Additionally the cystic duct is either collapsed or occluded. There is

no active pericholecystic inflammation or fluid evident. This may be

the result of chronic acalculous cholecystitis, prior inflammatory

process involving occlusion of the cystic duct, or less likely a

biliary neoplasm. Nuclear medicine hepatobiliary scan could further

assess the degree of biliary dysfunction. A contrast-enhanced

examination could potentially addressed the possibility of neoplasm.

With ongoing symptoms, surgical consultation may be appropriate.

Urgency: Routine. This is a routine medical imaging report.

Recommendation: See comment.

Comments:

I am writing this letter regarding your MRI of the abdomen on October 10, 2015.

The results of your MRI show the gallbladder is contracted with mildly thickened wall. The cystic duct is either collapsed or occluded. There is no active pericholecystic inflammation or fluid. Based on this knowledge, I am recommending referral to surgery for your gallbladder. I have put a referral in to the surgical department. A staff member will call you to set up a surgical consultation appointment.

• Posted

5 weeks post gallbladder removal and I am experiencing the similar pains ! I get the same griping / cramping pain right below both breasts & beneath the rib cage on both sides. Some days it lasts 5-10min today it lasted half hour. I am so sick of feeling like crap ! Please post if you find out more info on this ! 

thanks

- staci

• Posted

Hey!! Hope your ok.

Ive completely cut out coffee and no pain since i since found out coffee is really bad for acid and indigestion so it seems to have worked. Im now on cafine free fruity tea smile might be worth a go xxxx let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Hi Hannah I'm just over 3 weeks post op, and I had am illusion that having my gallbladder removed would give me a new lease of life! Since removal while I'm grateful I haven't had a severe attack, my upper back pain is still there plus stomach pain/pain in gallbladder area and also on the left side. I have also been experiencing frequent hot flushes and I'm only 33. I've just finished two lots of antibiotic for wound infection and ear infection and om just feeling rotten!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Posted

Oh no michelle thats terrible. sad we were only a few days apart too wernt we. My belly button has finally healed but still few pains when done too much...... i keep forgetting im only 4 weeks post op rolleyes

i really hope you feel better soon sad xxxxx

• Posted

Have you tried decaffeinated coffee. I seem to be OK with that

Also gone onto decaf tea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.