4 Weeks post op.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello all,

i am now 4 weeks post bunion op. Today I had my bandages removed😀 my wound is still pretty yucky and the foot is bruised and swollen  but I managed to squeeze my foot into a trainer...ouch. Must start to try and walk normally and exercise my toe to get some mobility back. I will be having physio to help with this but not for another 4 weeks unfortunately ( good old British NHS) Anyway all in all things are heading in the right direction .😀

Don,t be surprised when you can,t get into normal shoes straight away.

Good luck everyone for a speedy recovery. Happy feet😀👣👣👣

Carole.xx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It took me four weeks to get a show on. My bandages came off after two weeks that wasn't a nice sight. Bruised banana looks more appetising.

I didn't get any physio just had to do it all myself. Good luck getting your toe back to normal. I have done it twice now xx

• Posted

Thanks Sally. You did well getting your bandages off after 2 weeks. My wound took a while to heel. It doesn't,t look great now to be honest. Quite pleased that I managed to get a trainer on  even though it hurt a bit. Where there,s a will there,s a way!!

Toe is very stiff. Hope this loosens up soon.xx

• Posted

It felt too soon to me, but it's what consultant wanted! Oh yes it is was a bit sore getting a shoe on for a little while but stopped quite quickly. My toe was very stiff to start with but now seven months and 5 months on you wouldn't be able to tell x
    • Posted

Thanks great.

Although my bunion has gone my big toe still leans over towards my other toes. I was expecting it to be straighter. Hopefully  my foot will be less painful now the bunions gone.😀x

• Posted

Mine did with the swelling but i believe it's better now. Yes fingers crossed. Most of my pain was in the winter so fingers crossed we will see.
  • Posted

HI Carol Marie,

I too am 4 weeks post op I can't seem to walk stright on the whole front of my foot.I am statring to freak out,I went to the doctor yesterday and she said it is still healing,then she said to go to the pool and start to push up and down on the front of my foot....ahhh NO

• Posted

Hi Ellen,

I think it's still early days for us when you read the other posts. Sounds as tho your doing great. My big toe is very stiff. I do try to do the excercises and I will be having physio but the earliest appointment  they could give me is 28th Sept,!so I must persevere at home.

Hang in there Ellen. We will get there in the end.😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Posted

Hi Carole Marie, Be careful squeezing your foot into your everyday shoes - not a good idea at this early stage. A good tip is get some Crocs 'Classic' mules/sandals. At 7 weeks I started slipping my feet into my husband's Crocs (he wears his in the garden). They were miles too big for me at size 10 but they were oh so comfortable and amazingly supportive with their moulded footbed. I sent for a pair for myself. Shocking pink!  I bought the size bigger than normal to allow for my swollen foot. What bliss! Never looked back after that I practically lived in them. Now at 10 months post op my foot has healed a treat and I'm absolutely delighted. I can now wear all my nice shoes once again - high and low heels - without any swelling or discomfort. Just you take care of that foot. Don't rush things if you want a great result as it's still early day so. I'm 70 by the way & get my other foot done next month. Yippee! LadyPink
    • Posted

Hello Lady Pink,

Thank you so much for that advice. You are so right. There really is no point in trying to cram your foot into an old shoe that probably caused the problem in the first place! I shall be investing in a pair of crocs. I normally wear a size 6 UK size. Do you recommend one size bigger.?

Thank you in advance. Good luck for the future.xxx

• Posted

Hi Carole- Yeah I normally take a size 6 too but Crocs come in USA sizes so mine are American size 9. I have two pairs of their sandals called 'Cleo' and one pair of their 'Classic' mules. All mine are in their US 9 which is the equivalent of a UK7. Try them and see, maybe your foot is narrower than mine in which case you could keep to your normal size. I just needed to allow for my fatter foot. (It's back to normal now though). Regards, LadyPink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.