4 weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, tomorrow I will be 4 weeks post op from my front and back prolapse surgery and while I am not totally pain free, is now feeling much easier. Fingers crossed I continue this way. Still have 2 weeks before thinking about going back to work.still resting and still feel tired.

1 like, 21 replies

Report / Delete

21 Replies

• Posted

I think you will need more than another 2 weeks off work carolyn. I don't know what you do but 6 weeks isn't really long enough.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks matron, I am due to see my consultant on 24th, although I'm in agreement with you, at the moment I don't feel ready. I work as a secretary in the nhs so sitting most of the day.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

See what your consultant says carolyn because sitting for long periods can be very uncomfortable. It helps though if you can walk around every hour or so. Have you considered phased return, I did that for what should have been 4 weeks but felt OK so went back full time after 3 having said that I was off for 13 weeks. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have also had this op along with other things but my consultant said to me I should be off for 3 months even if I was just have the prolapse repair as you need to make sure all the inside work has healed even if you feel well on the outside. Nobody wants to undo what they e has repaired so take care. X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello, I am in much the same boat, I am 4 weeks and 1 day now post surgery.

Currently nursing a suspected bladder infection which is making me rather tired but the stiches have recently started feeling a lot better and moving around is easier.

I am still focussing on spending plenty of time with my feet up reading or watching TV but do feel I am making steady progress.

I too am due back in just over 2 weeks. That said I will see how I feel, if I am not up to it I will get signed off again. My work are really good though, I have already emailed them to say that it is likely that I will not be able to travel in (an hour each way) and will have to work from home and that I may well need to lay down every hour or so. My boss was perfectly happy with that and since I only work 2 1/2 days anyway I can spread this over 5 days and do a small amount each day if required.

Still that is a couple of weeks away yet, plenty more reading to do before then!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi chic, I am glad you are feeling better, I have had the same operation I have started to see small improvement daily today being the best so far without the yummy pain with wind.

the heaveyness as slowed down a bit which I think is the swelling but all I have done is rest, are you up and about and for how long befor you rest just being nosey x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up