4 weeks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, im new to all this, i read lots of advice leading up to my op date, i'm now 4 weeks post op after a total abdominal hysterectomy for large fibroids and heavy bleeding. my advice would be to listen to your body. I found standing and walking to be the worst, and at night unable to get comfy. I did use a hot water bottle which did help ease the pain which i describe as either burning or stinging, when i came out of hospital i did raise a glass to my uterus and said yes i beat you. i'm so looking forward to no more periods. ( had my overies out as well) .

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear you're doing well. I'd forgotten about using something warm to sooth aches and pains, so I'll be trying that tomorrow. Thanks for the words of advice, you're a few weeks ahead of me. You've also inspired me to raise a glass and wave good riddance to my uterus!

• Posted

Hi Amanda

so pleased you are doing well. I had my TAH at the end of August. They did initially try keyhole but my womb was so large due to the fibroids and adenomyosis it wasn't possible. So I had an incision in my belly button as well as the abdominal cut. I had everything removed including my cervix.

Its a long hard slog and a lot of resting along with as much walking as you can sensibly do. Eventually through lots of frustrations you do come through the other side. All the pains you are feeling are normal, you just need to remember that all the layers they've cut through take time to heal.

I still have days of pain especially late in the day or if i have done too much. Keep going you're doing amazingly well in a short time.

I was glad to get rid of my uterus as well its been nothing but hassle of flooding and pain for years.

• Posted

hi Amanda:

i am 63 and had tvh ovaries removed laparoscopically 22 months ago(1yr10mos) hoping on my 2nd year i will be completely back to normal. all went well with me only i got terryfying panic attack aftee 3 mos of my op with relapses. i took a lot of vits B6b12,, etc. and probiotic as well. I hope you are well and doing good physically.

• Posted

hi Amanda:

i am 63 and had tvh ovaries removed laparoscopically 22 months ago(1yr10mos) hoping on my 2nd year i will be completely back to normal. all went well with me only i got terryfying panic attack aftee 3 mos of my op with relapses. i took a lot of vits B6b12,, etc. and probiotic as well. I hope you are well and doing good physically.

• Posted

hi Amanda:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.