4 weeks post op still in pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

4 weeks ago I had robotic surgery for removal of both ovaries both tubes and 2 cyts one was 7 centermeters the other smaller I was sent home same day after surgery I did nothing but rest the first week and now when I walk or try to shop I get awful pains in my stomach inside where he operated I've already gone back to see him once since the surgery but he said come back in a week this pain is terrible I cant fo nothing without being in pain am I rushing myself to fast ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Was the surgery done laparoscopically or do you have an incision?
    • Posted

ok, I had an incision. I was in pain for quite some time. It took forever to heal. I know it's much easier laprascopicaly but I can't comment specifically.

• Posted

I had my left ovary and tube taken out 2 months ago and i am still having pain where the incesion is but its not that bad u juat have to take it ease i just went back to work like 2 weeks ago the gyn doctor rold me it takes about 6 to 8 weeks before everything is ok i hope u feel better
  • Posted

Yes I think you're trying to do too much too soon - I'm still waiting for my surgery but have been told that on release from hospital I'm not to lift so much as a kettle and to expect to be away from work for 8 - 12 wks.  So my advice to you is to take it easy let others take the strain for you for a while and let your body heal 

• Posted

She had 3 small incisions, it won't take 8-12 weeks to heal. Unless you had a cut right across your abdomen like a c-section, I think your dr is wrong.

I was grocery shopping the very next day. Lol

I think she should go to another dr for a second opinion.

• Posted

HE DID WHAT  i cant beleave that heartless a hole sent you home on the same day as your surgery grrrrr that makes me mad anyway bugger him you need to see another gynacologyst please there might be an infection or something deeply wrong with you im so sorry to hear you are still in pain doctors ASAP or hospital let me know how you get on big hugs too you samantha d

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.