4 weeks post op tiredness

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im four weeks post op having bunions removed on both feet and hammertoe surgery on one toe. This last week I've felt extremely tired and feel as if I've taken a step backwards. I was hoping to go back to work on Monday!  Has anyone else felt like this at this stage?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had similar done on one foot was off work 9 weeks still get very tired just take it easy consultant told me I would be of work for 3 mths but I couldn't stay indoors any longer 
    • Posted

Thanks Elizabeth I think I am being a bit optimistic trying to go back to work early!  I see the consultant this week hopefully to have my pin removed if it's ready to come out. It's a week early as my six weeks falls on Boxing Day and I'll see what he has to say
    • Posted

Hi Diane

I went back to work at 6 weeks. I have very understanding line mgr but my commute is 3 hrs every day more if trains or tube play up. I have gone back because thus is a new job and i am goi g to be extremely physically busy next week. I am exhausted and in quite a bit if pain and having lots if swelling in my foot. I did have a big procedure I am 9 weeks now and wish u could have had 3 months off. I thgt I would be back at 3/4 weeks but there was no way at all I could realistically have done that. I dont remember this much discomfort with my first bunion op 20 yrs ago but I am over 60 now so guess that makes a difference even though I am physically quite fit normally. It is very slow process so please take care of yourself as your family will probably nit understand. Many gp's and surgeons dont either. I am lucky to have great gp and understanding surgical team.

• Posted

Wow 3 months off...thats a long time. I told my doctor i wanted to take 2 months but he said i should better and walking before than.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.