4 weeks today after TKR Op

Posted , 7 users are following.

4 weeks after my TKR and had 3 nights sleep at long last .just returned from physio and knee is now 5/95 bend.I have been off Tramadol now for over a week only pain now is doing the exercise bike pain from inside of knee excrutiating but not bad in other exercise,I had infection which caused massive swelling but thats gone now scar healing lovely but knee feels like I have a tight band around it at last feeling a bit more human  

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear youre on the mend. I'm still waiting for my op date as Thursday is cancelled sad
  • Posted

good luc the first few wee are hell be prepared !!!!!
  • Posted

I'm also 4 weeks today but lack of sleep is my big problem. I did have a couple of better nights last week but they.ve gone again. My problem is getting to sleep. I just can't get comfortable. The other night I saw 4 am and stiil hadn't slept. I still take the anti inflamatories when I need them because of my back but that is all. I have had 0 deg flat from the beginning and was 105 last Friday at physio . They are pushing me to aim for115. I also know how you fell about the band
  • Posted

Pressed wrong key! I was saying that of course I haven't had infection so well done. We seem to both at similar points anyway. Just want to drive now!

• Posted

Well done to you,the nights ard dreadful rant they? I am 9weeks still have the tight band feeling but am sleeping better.its a tough ride and not for the faint hearted. I wish you a speedy recovery. Do you think maybe the bike is a little too far at this stage. I have only this week started to pedal but am only doing 20turns  2times a day. Take care 
    • Posted

Hi Tucks. Physio started me on the bike last week at 3 plus 3. I was surprised how well it went as I was dreading it. 
    • Posted

Hi Tucks & Carol

I found the diazepam helped with a few hours sleep when I was going through that terrible time when I felt my knee was being crushed. The crushing feeling I have now found out is nerve pain. Thank goodness that bit is over.

I Still have the band tightness and when I move my knee up and when in bed it feels like lots of rubber bands all rolling over the inside of my knee cap! Do you get this?

Tucks how far is your bend now? Carol you are doing well! I am just at 90 :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.