4 wks on !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband had a mini stroke 4 wks ago. He now seems very angry and a little forgetful ! which he seemed not too bad the first 3 wks. His left leg is still weak. He complaining of severe joint pain in the night could this be the simvistatin ? the only other meds he is on is Clopidogeral. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It's highly likely that the joint pain is as a result of the statins, as clopidogeral doesnt usually have this kind of side effect. The mini stroke is transient (ie TIA) but does sometimes take a while for the confusion or memory lapse to subside.  Please do get him to refer back to his doctors about the pain aspect, as it may be necessary to swap to another form of statin before any damage is done.  I'm guessing you've already been advised it's preferable not to take any anti-inflammatory drugs (ie NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen to relieve the pain, as they could increase bleeding.  One or two statins interract with clopidogeral too, the main one being fluvastatin. Be safe and tell your doctor so they can assess and readjust the meds if necessary.
    • Posted

Hiya Loxie i did think it would be the statins ...... no one has mentioned Anti`s !!! Thenk you for the advise........Appointment made for next Tuesday smile 
  • Posted

Hi there, I also had a TIA four weeks ago, I'm just starting to feel normalish, I still occasionally get a numb left side of face, and pins and needles in my hand, but I think mine increases with panic and anxiety, The angry feelings I felt the first two weeks but I think it was more confusion and irritable, It's hard because all the text say it all disappears after 24 hours, I think not!!!, I am on Clopidogrel and artovastatin, seem ok, also propanorol from doc for my anxiety attacks, hope doc sorts him out. 
    • Posted

The feelings you describe are exactly the same as my good friend and next door neighbour.  She had a series of small TIA's and became very short tempered and aggressive.  Not sure if it was a symptom of the attacks or just her fear and frustration at it happening to her.  She subsequently a year later had bypass surgery and is back to her old self, with no lasting effects from the TIAs thankfully.  
    • Posted

Yes she prob felt like I do, it's constant nagging in your brain, makes it hard to concentrate on anything me but yourself, Glad she's much better now, I don't fancy the bypass tho😳, I have had the head scan, But still waiting for MRI and Cardiogram, which doesn't help matters, wish it would hurry up and maybe put my fears at rest.
    • Posted

Here's hoping you don't need any major surgery, hers was an extreme case as she had very degraded arteries.  Another friend had a couple of TIA's and they didnt find any vascular disease.  The doctors monitored her for about a month and determined it was most likely due to stress.  She's had no further problems.
    • Posted

Nice to hear that for your freind, Hears hoping, I had mine on the way to a so looking forward weekend away in a very hard saved for 3 nights in St Austell, unique apartment, Spend most of my holiday from work seeing and helping out with grandchildren, Perhaps the excitement caused it, lol 
  • Posted

You can get an electric pedal exerciser just a few minutes a day helped me.

Then worked up to 15 mins.

I hope hubby gets better soon and ask Doc xx Good luck

Win ~ Look after yourself also Ann as we are lost without our partners xx

• Posted

Thank you Ladies Nurse phoned today and have a visit from her next Wed so fingers crossed we get some answers smile 
  • Posted

I believe it very important to get proper exercize like lots of walking or standstill exercizer as Winnie suggests. I love my treadmill. Circulation and oxygen are important for me after my  mini-stroke a year ago. Also, alkaline foods. not too acidic diet especially sweets and other refined carbos. google foods that help lower blood pressure, like apple-cider vinegar. Good luck to your husband.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.