Skip to content
Ad

Stroke and TIA

Also known as Mini Stroke, Subarachnoid Haemorrhage, TIA - Transient Ischaemic Attack

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Urgent Question about TIA

Hello, I'm 19 years old without any particular known health issues aside from GERD. My main risk factor would be inactivity as I work as a computer programmer and don't get a whole lot of exercise. No family history, nothing like that in particular, but... last night, I woke up around 6...

Last reply
  • Headaches Before hemorrhagic stroke?

My brother had a headache for two days.  On the third day his headache became severe. He had flashing lights that were worse in the right eye. He was kept in over night.  He was diagnosed with migraine and despite my concerns was sent home.  He collapsed as soon as we arrived home.  We...

Last reply
  • Possible mini stroke

This morning I woke with the right side of my lower lip numbing, then swelling a little and pulling to the right side.  The feelings started to progress up the right side of my face.  I took 2 baby aspirin and headed of to urgent care.  The doctor said he suspected it was a mini stroke...

Posted
  • Stroke

Hello i fel i hav sroke for 6 year but that time i didnt know nothing about stroke and i just forget it and while ago the big sign start showing in my phsic body especily my face one side of my face are drop down and my lift leg and lift arm getting weak and i felt my head one side more strong one weak...

Last reply
  • Stroke Rehabilitation with PEMF Therapy

Hi, I experienced rapid recovery using PEMF after an AVM stroke. Recovery of voice and vision - 100% within 3 months and also i believe my motor functions are doing better than most other avm survivors i found these articles on the topic if you are intersted to explore further: https://medium.com/@PEMFTherapy/stroke-rehabilitation-using-pemf-therapy-fdc41734350a...

Last reply
  • I had my first TIA 3 weeks ago

Whilst the hospital on the day were great and I would not knock them for that, I have since had a vascular scan and the heart monitor for 72 hours. Since then nothing, it is nerve racking for me and my family. Were can I find help to sort out my diet plan or get one written for me?

Last reply
  • Looking for advice, TIA 84 year old male

Hi all, My father has been struggling with TIA's for the past couple of years.  In the past when he had a more major episode, small strokes were seen to have occured in the brain via CT scans.   He was put on cholestoral pills,  blood thinners, etc.  His cholestoral and blood...

Last reply
  • Stroke end of life

Hi My grandmother 86 years old, suffered a stroke a week ago and since the stroke she is unconscious and hasn't opened her eyes, and doesn't know anyone is around her. Basically in a coma. All she does is move a tiny bit. Basically the doctors and us decided that it would be best for end...

Last reply
  • Tia's in 20's

Hi ! I am a 29 year old female ...and I had an episode at work a couple month's ago ..i felt a little nausea and then my right eye blurred and my hand tingled and then my heart rat was 120 and my words were gone for about 30 second this is o er about a thirty min period....and I have every test done...

Last reply
  • Misdiagnosed a TIA

I'm looking for some advice, I am a 35 year old female and in august 2015 I had an episode where I lost my speech and had numbness down my left arm and in my face lasting a couple of minutes. The day after I went to my GP who referred me to the TIA clinic. I had all the relevant tests ( MRI brain,...

Last reply
  • Strange sensations in my head 2 months after having a TIA

I'm new to this forum but decided to join as I felt that after having a TIA/Mini Stroke, you just go away and are left to get on with your recovery.  In brief I took ill at work (13th April 2017 to be precise).  I had the full symtoms, face dropped, I couldn't speak and had pins and...

Last reply
  • Could this be sign of stroke. I'm scared!

Last night I had experienced something that has never happened before. I've had the occasional numbness in arms or legs at times mainly my legs when I was severly anemic last year. After doing IV Iron therapy for 7 weeks it went away. Last night really scared me. It began with my arm going numb and...

Last reply
  • huge discomfort blow left rib

31/2 yrs ago I had a mild stroke. The morning after I felt a small discomfort on my left side just below my rib. The dr looked and felt but could see or feel nothing. Said it may just go away. Gradually the discomfort got worse and now is sometimes unbearable. It is always present and has indeed reduced...

Last reply
  • Really worried I had a TIA. Please help!

Hi. I'm 26, I am in decent health, and I'm not overweight. But I had a frightening experience yesterday which convinced me I had a TIA.  I woke up with an odd tingling in my right big toe which came on suddenly. This tingling sensation then spread from my toe to my right leg, where it...

Last reply
  • Almost 2 years since I had a clot on my brain.

In may 2015 I suffered a CVST about 2 weeks after giving birth prematurely. Unfortunately my little girl died at 3 weeks old and I still have to deal with the fact I had a stroke. I had extreme preeclampsia and clampsia after having my daughter and then 2 weeks after she was born I was at home and collapsed...

Last reply
  • Has anyone experienced this and recovered?

I am 58, and in good health.  Last Saturday morning while exercising at home in a downstairs room I had a stroke. I had just completed a set of crunches when all of a sudden I felt a prickly feeling on the back of my neck, which quickly progressed to intense tingling of the entire left side...

Last reply
  • Post Stroke Central Pain Syndrome treatments

Hello, I haven't seen anyone post of this condition so I wanted to reach out to others that may be dealing with this.  What is the best treatment works best for you?  I haven't had much luck with the normal Gabapentin anti depressent mix.   A herb called ButterBurr works great...

Last reply
  • 3Years after a mild stroke, i am experiencing TIA type symptoms daily? My consultants say its stress functional symptoms.Help me someone Please!!

3years ago I had a mild stroke, and since that day, ive been having TIA type attacks near daily. WHY? I need answers and help PLEASE. Hi my name is Dave. I am requiring any help feedback, as to whether anyone else seems to have or have had recurring stroke like symptoms, 3years after a small stroke....

Last reply
  • Possible mini strokes??

I've been having numbness on the left side of my body for the last few weeks. Mainly my arms and legs. I felt it in my face today, so I've been freaking out about it. I have health anxiety, so I've had every heart test done with everything coming back okay. I'm in good shape and have...

Last reply
  • TIA

A year ago I had surgery for a large aneurysm behind my eye they tried to stent and coil it but was unsuccessful. After the procedure is had a mini stroke and recovered very fast. After another operation I had a balloon occlusion and coil embolisation and now aneurysm is OK. That was 10month ago. Last...

Last reply
  • side effects after TIA?

I had my first ?Tia back in July 2014 which affected my right side from head to foot, weakness, slurred speech and vision, I was then treated for this and stayed in hospital for 24 hours,Which I now get a numb patch on my right side of my face, which sort of comes and goes and is now concerning...

Last reply
  • The TIA and lasting sideaffects

I had 3 TIA's in a 5 year period. The last one 6 years ago. I lost consciousness and fell 10 feet giving my back a good hit. I worked in Healthcare. Since the last TIA I have short term memory loss. Also, nothing showed on a CT head scan. We are all different. I always told my Patients every stroke...

Last reply
  • Tia stroke

hi 2 weeks ago I had a tia stroke I am 47 years old with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy but I still have numbness they have took me off menopause patch course I am high risk and I would like to know is this normal and I have too go for a 48 hour heart machine next month and go to the stroke clinic 

Last reply
  • Only 1 symptom. Could it still be a tia?

I'm a female, 29 years old, heavy smoker. Yesterday evening I was sitting in my backyard reading, feeling well, when all of a sudden my left arm started tingling and burning. It felt kind of numb although I was able to use it normally. Immediately I became anxious for I have never experienced this...

Last reply
  • Possible Tia???

Just wanted to ask advice, Its now been 24hrs since what happened just thought i ask people what they think.I cant recall all details as head still fuzzy.Felt a pop in the right side of head then a water feeling run down my face and jaw and down towards arm.I think my eyes went funny i cant quite recall.I...

Last reply
  • Lower Left Occipital Stroke-help

My mother had a hemorrhagic stroke in her lower occipital region 21 days ago. This is her second hemorrhagic stroke in2 &1/2 years. We have been discharged from the hospital and rehab center. Now I'm the nurse 😳. Things do not seem to be improving. She is suffering and I don't know...

Last reply
  • was that really a stroke now or something else?

hi. im 29. healthy. dont have any health issues whatsoever. had all  clotting etc tests done a few years ago as well, and all is fine... a few days ago i was watching something at my laptop. as i moved my eyes around in the room i realised i wasnt able to see much from my right eye. no other symptom....

Last reply
  • I hae strange thing going in my head i fear its a stoke

Hi I m 15 years old.. I have had this strange thing going on my head .. First suddenly I felt something is held in my head and I lost control and I fell but I was conscious . It has been now 10 months..I was all fine..I thought it was anxiety..but I get these symptoms Stange feeling inside head like...

Last reply
  • Head became heavy lost control

On Nov 29 2016 while I was on my bike suddenly head became heavy , vision in left eye became blurred and head turned towards left side eye got closed could not control over my left side for few seconds

Posted
  • Does this sound like mini-stroke or MS?

So I was in the hospital last night for an 'odd' episode. I'm female in early 30s. Good health. I was standing in a shop, standing squarely, facing forward. Feet firmly planted. I had not just gotten up or anything. I had been looking at an object for a few minutes. Suddenly (and it all...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.