Eye stroke?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been out of the hospital (went in for blood clots in lungs) for a week and now I'm feeling something odd. A day ago my forehead felt heavy, for lack of better word, and now my right eye feels like something is lodged in it, towards the back of my eye. The vision in my right eye has always been blurry but this feels different. Could it be an eye stroke or some other eye problem? I'm on blood thinners currently as well.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Whilst it may be connected to your current health issues and that would be for your doctor to check, another possibility could be a cholesterol clot - it's not unusual for this to happen - my friend had vision issues and thought it might be a detached retina but turned out to be a small clump of plaque lodged in the eye. Please do see your doctor about it straight away just in case.

• Edited

I wouldn't go wasting my time asking on here and hoping someone reassures you. Go to a doctor as quickly as you can, it may be nothing but they will have the equipment to check.

• Edited

people aren't exactly "wasting time" by asking, remember a lot of people who need to pay a substantial amount of money to see a doctor would much prefer to ask in a free forum first simply to get a second opinion, if they're thinking I should seek medical attention but do I need it, If a stranger says see a doctor that usually tells them yes I should seek medical attention.

although I do agree, if you feel there is a problem do see a doctor, make it the number 1 priority, we can't give results here, only advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.