Just experienced a TIA at 35; feeling lost and confused

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, hope everyone here is starting out another wonderful day. The best way to start is usually at the beginning so here goes. Over a month ago, September 18th, I had sudden strange symptoms that came on with no warning. It started with an immense tightness and pain in my chest, followed by dizziness and an inability to control thought and process. after a while the pain dissipated but I was stilled plagued by the aftershock of symptoms that followed. There was.no drooping of the face or limbs whatsoever, although I couldn't maintain steady thought process and my entire.personality seemed to have been changed. Normally Im a very artistic and articulated person but that seemed to have vanished. the awkwardness and fear has been overwhelming at times and although I have been to the ER and after an EKG, having a CT scan done, and been told that no swelling or bleeding could.be found in my brain, I have.not been the same. I still continue to work full time, but I am not the same person I was. At the moment, I'm still waiting for results from blood labs that my regular physician recommended and I have had no real change in my symptoms. Many of the hobbies which mostly include passing guitar and music and reading I can't enjoy any longer because of the lasting effects. I will admit that I blame myself largely.because I have not been a very healthy person and I take full responsibility for that obviously. But I am not sure what to expect from here on out and am intensely afraid that it may happen again. I dont really have anyone to turn to and I appreciate anyone that can.give me their insight on this. I apologize for such a long.topic. I greatly thank and appreciate anyone who can help answer even a few questions. Have a wonderful day!😁

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you did experience a TIA - it's very difficult to diagnose specifically because by its very nature - ie 'Transient' ischemic attack, its often fleeting and leaves behind no traces. Having a TIA doesnt always mean that a full stroke is inevitable but it can however be a warning shot. Now is the time to change any unhealthy lifestyle choices - more exercise, better diet, no smoking, moderate alcohol, etc etc - all common sense changes really. If the reasons behind your recent episode relate to any of those, you can make very easy, immediate and sustained, changes and avoid future problems. The after effect symptoms will probably dissipate if you help them along.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.