Weird feeling weeks after TIA

Posted , 2 users are following.

62 year old female. Recently diagnosed with diabetes, not on medication, trying to manage with diet first.

Had 3 days of what i now know were TIA's. I went to the ER and was admitted for testing and observation.

My symptoms were left sided tingling. as if my whole left side were asleep. I had no weakness, or vision problems, nor any drooping. It lasted only a minute or so, but it would happen again and again as if coming in waves. Probably happened at least 20 times daily.

MRI, CAT scan, ultrasound all normal. Prescribed full dose of aspirin daily and a Statin and released the next day. Doctor informed me that it could wax and wane over the next several days, which it did.

However I still feel strangely. I keep having brief waves of what I do not know. Very slightly nauseous feeling, nothing that is limited to the left side. Just brief waves of not feeling myself. could this be residual effects of TIAs ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.