4 wks Post Op Ankle Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone! A few days ago i had my staples removed and the plaster cast removed. My doctor put a removable walking boot on me. nwb for 2 more weeks. he told me to do foot pumps daily to help with the stiffness. as soon as i went home i did the foot pumps a couple different times with not much pain. the next 2 days i have had constant achiness pain in my calf. is this from the pumps or could it be a dvt?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What a relief when I got my staples out, they were pinching the skin so much.  

Your achilles has not been stretched in such a long time, that the pain you are feeling.  

Once you start to full weight bear, that's when you are going to feel all sorts of different things.  

• Posted

thats what i thought but every time u look up calf pain the internet pushes dvt. makes ya paranoid. the boot feels way more uncomfortable than the cast too. thank you for replying
    • Posted

The boot felt very uncomfortable for me as well.  I think since your ankle is so swollen it doesn't fit inside too well.  But I was allowed to sleep without the boot on, that was at least better than cast on.  It will get better.  

Im starting week 15, ankle still swollen but I just started walking without my crutches.  Limping a little, the ice pack feels good at night.  It is still stiff when I get out of bed though.  

Stay positive, it is a long healing process but there is a light at the end of all this.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.