4 year old with Mesenteric Adenitis for 2 weeks, can’t get over it

Posted , 1 user is following.

My daughter has been ill for pretty much 2 weeks now. It started with a cough and runny nose followed by sore throat ears and severe tummy pains. The whole house has not had a full night’s sleep for 2 weeks with even her sister playing nurse maid when she’s screaming the house down at 2am! She’s been to school a couple of days but had only managed the morning. She’s gone from eating like a horse to just about managing a cracker for a meal. I’ve seen 4 doctors and a consultant in the hospital and they say there’s nothing that can be done and it will pass. Calpol and Nurofen don’t take the pain away. I am worried it might be something else like glandular fever which I’ve had myself. At the moment there’s no sight of her returning to school, eating sleeping or me returning to work (currently having to take unpaid leave)

How long must we expect Mesenteric Adenitis to last?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.