Skip to content

Child Health

Also known as ADHD, Behaviour Problems In Children, Childhood Behaviour Problems, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Febrile Convulsion, Funnel Chest, Growing Pains, Head Lice, Kawasaki's Disease, Learning Disability, Nits (Head Lice), PANDAS, Pigeon Chest, Puberty

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Problem with puberty

Ok so I'm 16 going on 17 in December. I'm having problems with puberty and very worried. My voice has gotten deeper I have an atoms apple my chin hairs is coming in and my mustasch is slightly coming in also. Now what is really worrying me is my height and penis size I'm 5'6 in …

Last reply
  • I need help!!

I really need some advice. My child is 3 years old, I have not been aloud to be in her life untill I recently took legal action 4 or 5 months ago. Her mother blocked all communication with me up untill 3 months ago. I myself have spent the last 1 and a half years in drug rehab trying to get …

Posted
  • Abit concerned

So I have dislexer and got help with that ever since yr 5 but I'm worry the school my eldest is going to isn't picking up on children struggling like they used to. I no the kids only have couple days left of school before they break up but should I confront them now with the possibly of …

Posted
  • Toddler with swollen lymphnodes

my baby is 20 months old. A couple of weeks ago my husband discovered two swollen lymphnodes at the base of his neck, kind of where your head/neck meet. i brought him to the doctors who said they were soft, movable and not fixed to anything which were all good signs, but to be sure would …

Posted
  • Toddler with swollen lymphnodes

my baby is 20 months old. A couple of weeks ago my husband discovered two swollen lymphnodes at the base of his neck, kind of where your head/neck meet. i brought him to the doctors who said they were soft, movable and not fixed to anything which were all good signs, but to be sure would …

Posted
  • Thirdhand smoke

we have recently purchased a second hand pram (silver Cross Wayfarer) We didn't know the home it came from potentially was a smokers home and now my wife is worried about thirdhand smoke issues with both the unborn baby and if when it is born if it is going to be harmed by the residue …

Last reply
  • Chronic leg pain, wondering what it could be...

I'm a 15 yo female and I have been suffering from leg pain for quite a while. (More than 5 years.) Recently through, I've noticed that my chronic leg pain, which usually affected my right calf, has worsened over time. In these past two or three years, the pain has been affecting my knee and …

Posted
  • Dark wrinkles in penis

Recently I got some bumps on my penis that look similar to Scabies and then I used Clove oil. But today I saw some dark wrinkles over those bumps. Please help, what are those bumps and what about the wrinkles? I am 17 and i have never involved in sexual activities.

Posted
  • Anxiety! Stress! Depression! what can be this?

Hello everyone! I think I am going mad and this is just because of i am thinking too much about my job and my life. Don't know what to do. I think I am sick because I am unable to focus on things as i have blurry vision when I look at bright things and screen of my pc. I have headache all the …

Posted
  • Acute muscle and joint pain

I am writing on behalf of my wife. For the last few months she has been suffering from a lot of body pains, when I say a lot, it means a hell lot. We have consulted a couple of medical practitioners. The first one ordered some lab tests and the outcome was Vitamin D deficiency and a little spike in …

Last reply
  • Trigee Entertainment

AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH of The Global Face 2018 Mr/Miss/Mrs.by Trigee Entertainment, the words are not enough to thank for a kind gesture or your presence.

Posted
  • Anxiety w/adderall

I have been off Adderall for about a year now. I’m trying to get back on it because I truly need it. However, it causes me a tremendous amount of anxiety symptoms; stomach tension, difficulty breathing, insomnia, irritability, and so on.  Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? I was …

Posted
  • Brace for flared rib cage for 40 yo ?

Hi, Does anyone know if bracing can help correct rib cage abnormalities in adults?  I don’t have a diagnosis of Pectus but have flaring ribs on one side of my rib cage with a “dip” in the opposite side of the rib cage. No breathing or other difficulties that I know of.  Thanks! Jamie

Posted
  • Children and ADHD

Hi, I have a brother who is 7 years old and he was diagnosed with ADHD a few months ago. Personally, I don't want him to be treated with medication because I don't want him to be bullied and I want him to live a normal life. My family had a  hard time in coping with this kind of …

Last reply
  • Enlarged neck gland

Hi my 3 year old boy has developed a very large gland in his neck just below the ear and jaw, id say its the size of a small plum, hes been given antibiotics, he has abit of a cough runny nose and congestion but other than that is quite well in himself, im obviously concerned its somthing more …

Last reply
  • Cluster of Lymph Nodes on Neck/Swollen Tonsils

My son is almost 5 years old. He has had a cluster of roughly 5 nodes  on the right side of his neck for 3 years. The nodes have not ever gotten larger, but they are visible when he turns his neck or when he gets upset. They do seem fixed in place, but I’m not 100% sure I know how to …

Last reply
  • Please name this Disease anyone

I went to a hostpital a little girl about 8y/o was brought according to parents she was quite fine till a month earlier but since the past 15 days she could not eat or drink anything and had stopped talking and had almost lost control on her body when being interrogated by the doc. the child could …

Last reply
  • Empty

It was a year ago today that my best friend betrayed me and did something absolutely horrible that I prefer not to talk about. It broke me completely. I’ve made progress but my mind keeps wandering back to it. I still dont understand how she brought herself to do it. I was so good to her. She …

Last reply
  • Cough and Vomit

Hello, My daughter is 4 years old and she has been having cough from last 8 months. When she starts coughing, most of the time, she brings out all food she had out of stomach. We checked with doctor and they provided temporary medicines everytime we  met doctor. Can you please suggest us what …

Posted
  • Dyspraxia and its effect on Adolescents in secondary school

I am an SEN teacher with over 20 years experience in UK secondary mainstream schools. I have worked closely with several dyspraxics, some statemented, some at school action plus. i have noticed considerable difficulties and similarities in their responses to puberty and the demands of the national …

Last reply
  • Seizures

So I'm 19 an in a treatment center for manly alcohol abuse. The nurse has me on Trileptal doxepine an keppra. She wants to add strettara a none stimulant option for ADHD. I have no history of seizures or epilepsy never had one even when not drinking. The keppra is just for precaution she said. …

Last reply
  • Growth problem of my daughter

I am Muhammad Saleem shahid From Pakistan. My 10 years daughter is facing growth problems. She is under height and under weight as per Dr. Her weight is 21 kg and height is 121 cm. Doctors recommemded some tests and test rest is given below 1.Igf 9.10 ug/ml 2.TSH (serum) 1.9448 ulU/ml 3.free T4 ( …

Last reply
  • CBD and Cancer

More recently, scientists reported that THC and other cannabinoids such as CBD slow growth and/or cause death in certain types of cancer cells growing in lab dishes. ... 

Posted
  • I’ve had Short term memory loss and focus loss

I am 16 male weigh 125 pounds 5 foot 7 and am prescribed adderall xR 20mg I take on school days. 9 days ago I was perfectly fine I am a 4.0 student and had an exceptional memory. 9 days ago I was getting a handjob from my girlfriend and when I came I had a super intense headache/brain blood rush …

Posted
  • Precocious puberty

I am writing this posting to gain some further understanding of the premature puberty. My daughter was 4 1/2 when I noticed her having proper body odour. The doctor said that some kids just get it and for her to wear deoderant. I was never totally happy with it as it didn't seem normal to me. …

Last reply
  • Child vomits in sleep but otherwis well.

I have a 9 year old son who is generally fit and well but on a regular basis vomits about 1hour after going to bed. He isn't eating within the two hours before he goes to bed as advised by paediatrician but doesn't change anything. He advises that he suddenly feels hot and light headed …

Posted
  • Need to restart Vyvanse;. Can't focus

I use to be prescribed Vyvanse for a few years but doctor stopped she seems to be pressed about starting it back and I understand that the dangers of addiction, yet I do think benefits out weigh the risks.

Last reply
  • Child constantly getting ill

Hi I have health anxiety and am going out my mind my daughter who is five and goes To school full time is constantly getting ill the last few months it something else every 1 - 2 weeks handful of tummy bugs, dioherria, virus’s, high Temps , cold I am so worried there is something underlining …

Posted
  • Belly on a 9 year old?

Pot belly 9 year old should I be worried Hi I hope you don’t mind me posting. My daughter is 9, nearly 10. She has a perfect bmi and is not overweight. However she does have a tummy, it reminds me a little of how toddlers tummy’s are only a bit bigger. She has always had a tummy but it seems to …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.