Skip to content
Ad

Child Health

Also known as ADHD, Behaviour Problems In Children, Childhood Behaviour Problems, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Febrile Convulsion, Growing Pains, Head Lice, Learning Disability, Nits (Head Lice), PANDAS, Puberty

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help please!

I keep crying over mistakes then repeating them is this an ADHD thing or something else. I am getting seen to in about 3 weeks but am wondering if anyone knows or has experienced anything like this?

Posted
  • Strange transient body pains?

I'm an eighteen year old female, and I'm 4'11" or 149 cm tall. I weigh about 81 lbs or 36.7 kg. I never had a growth spurt-I've a tendency to develop things later than other people my age. For instance, my 12-year molars came in when I was sixteen and a half.  Recently I've...

Posted
  • Psychosis or PANDAS?

When i was 11 I got rapid onset OCD, the symptoms more closely relating PANDAS/PANS. It got really bad and I was commited into a hospital. At 15, I started taking antibiotics, sertraline, and olanzapine, and as expected, the OCD decreased. The problem is I was never properly diagnosed, and when i turned...

Last reply
  • Precocious puberty

I am writing this posting to gain some further understanding of the premature puberty. My daughter was 4 1/2 when I noticed her having proper body odour. The doctor said that some kids just get it and for her to wear deoderant. I was never totally happy with it as it didn't seem normal to me....

Last reply
  • My niece got skin problem

My niece 3 years old got a blister on her foot like one we get when we are burned. But it happened naturally, she is never burned and it's paining a lot. Please suggest.

Posted
  • Headaches in middle school child

I got a 9yr old in pretty good health whom suffers from headaches probably 3-4times a week. It more at the front temple area. She has been checked out by three different doctors and they claim it's tension headache. However my anxiety over it  states otherwise as she is always complaining about...

Posted
  • My 7 year old has low self esteem and belittles others

He is mean to his younger brother and belittles everyone trying to make it seem like he is the best at everything including us (his parents). His real mom is getting on him about his grades (which aren't below C's) and is threatining to take things away from him. He is a super sweet boy most...

Posted
  • Adult pandas. Need help

Hey guys. I’m 23 years old and I got strep throat about a month and a half ago. I immediately developed bad OCD, anxiety, depression, etc. I took 3 rounds of anti biotics and my tonsils are still a little sore. I don’t know what to do from this point. I go to kaiser and the doctors I’ve spoken too do...

Posted
  • Pediatrician in Noida, Delhi

Dr Rajeev Ranjan is a senior Neonatologist & Pediatrician in Noida at Nidan Child Care Dr Manisha Ranjan is a Senior Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist Nidan Child Care

Posted
  • I’m 17 and I’ve been constantly lightheaded for 5 years no

Hello, please help In the sixth grade I developed this light headed feeling and it got worse and worse until it plateaued and has remained the same for 5 years. Now, I feel lightheaded 24/7. It hasn’t left my head since 5 years ago. I’ve noticed it has gotten worse with some foods like pasta and I can...

Posted
  • Lump in 5 year olds leg

My child has a lump on leg that comes and goes( obvious when tensing). He complains of aching legs and will want me to lift him most days. He is 5 now so shouldn't really be that tired he needs a carry. I have read so many worrying story's about leg lumps in a child. I have the next available...

Posted
  • Bed wetting

Bed wetting at night at the age of seven. How common is this. Does he need investigation?

Last reply
  • Growth — 16 year old, 17 year old bone age.

Hi all! I am a 16.2 year old male, and am currently roughly 5'9'' and ~150 pounds. My mother is relativley short, but my father is ~6'1''. Always been concerned with my height, so I recently got a bone age study and was told that my bone age is similar to that of a late 16 year-old...

Posted
  • Insomnia , Sleep walking and selective mutism

Hi All This is kind of long. My daughter was first diagnosed when at nursery , it was apparent even at age 2 that something wasnt right as she would not speak. At 3/4 she was diagnosed with selective mutism. Help has been extremely flakey indeed.... other than the school working from a workbook we have...

Posted
  • Out of control 4 year old.

My husband and I got custody pf our 4 year old grandson a year ago diue to our daughter and the babys father being neglugent and on drugs. My daughter went to treatment and has been clean for 8 months now. She lives with us. My grandson is totally out of control and nothing seems to work. We are all...

Last reply
  • Is this ADD/ADHD?

Hello, I know that this website isn't a substitute to a psychiatrist in getting advice, but I thought I would ask here before going to see my psychiatrist because it's something I find quite difficult to talk about with other people. Firstly, I don't really have any of the physical symptoms...

Last reply
  • Focalin XR cheaper

I had been taking Focalin XR a few months ago for ADHD but I switched insurance and now my insurance won't pay for it without a $6000 deductible, since it is "technically covered" under my insurance the patient assistance program I applied to denied my application. As of now it's $450...

Posted
  • Thin veiny child

Hello My son is 7 and very thin. He is pale skinned and quite veiny on his chest and tummy. Is this normal? Thank you

Posted
  • very late puberty, Sick of "waiting" 15 years old

I'm 14 years old, almost 15, and barely hit puberty. I'm 5'0, but my parents are short so that's normal, I guess. But I have been mistaken for a girl twice and was told I look like a 10-year-old by teachers even though I am going to be a sophomore after this summer. I have small...

Last reply
  • Mental health of 8 year old girl

Could my daughters vision problems be affecting her fear of constantly being watched? What you need to know: 8 year old girl Has ambologia in left eye Has been patching for a year (4 hrs a day starting, now 6) Suffers from anxiety Has had 2-3 panic attacks in the last 5 months Trauma do to younger...

Posted
  • Mental health in 8 year old girl

Could my daughters vision problems be affecting her fear of constantly being watched? What you need to know: 8 year old girl Has ambologia in left eye Has been patching for a year (4 hrs a day starting, now 6) Suffers from anxiety Has had 2-3 panic attacks in the last 5 months Trauma do to younger...

Posted
  • underdeveloped boobs

hello! i have a question about my small boobs and puberty. I had signs of puberty since 11 years old (pubic hair, armpit hair) but not boob development. I got my period last year at 15 (my mom got it at 13). But my boobs are still very small and not circle shaped. I am afraid something is wrong with...

Last reply
  • Head Banging

I have a 14 month old daughter and she went through a stage of head butting people when she didn't get her own way, but now it has turned to head butting the stair gates and walls or whatever she has got in her hand.... I'm worried as i have been told that this could be a sign of ADHD, Will she...

Last reply
  • Severe back pain.

My 11 year old son fell out of a tree about 6 months ago. Since then he has had mid-back pain that has been gradually getting worse. He has had an x-ray and has no fractures or any problems that have shown on the x-ray. I first took him to the GP about 2 months ago and I have taken him 4 times since...

Posted
  • Does tobacco, marijuana and alcohol affect puberty?

Hi, im new here and I dont normally do this, but I find it best that I talk to people I dont know so I feel more open and honest. and truth is I havent hit puberty yet im 15 currently. And I do know that its not uncommon for late puberty to happen but that's not my issue. Lately (past year or so)...

Posted
  • Our 18 months old yet to walk, what should we do?

Jason was born with birth asphyxia, however he reached all his milestones with ease. He could sit by himself at 8months, started crawling at 10months. We noticed after the 11th month that he stands on his toes. We consulted and were told to give him some time. At 13months, he was diagnosed of talipies...

Posted
  • Rickets! Please help my son! My vitamin D level is 16.68ng/ml!

I found out that I was vitamin D deficient with a level of 16.68 ng/ml or 41.7 nmol/L. Meaning, my son's levels in his first few months of life were between 10 to 11.68 ng/ml or 25.02 to 29.19 nmol/L. "testing revealed that the mothers in these cases averaged a mere 18-19 ng/ml of vitamin D,...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.