Skip to content

Child Health

Also known as ADHD, Behaviour Problems In Children, Childhood Behaviour Problems, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Febrile Convulsion, Growing Pains, Head Lice, Learning Disability, Nits (Head Lice), PANDAS, Puberty

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Precocious puberty

I am writing this posting to gain some further understanding of the premature puberty. My daughter was 4 1/2 when I noticed her having proper body odour. The doctor said that some kids just get it and for her to wear deoderant. I was never totally happy with it as it didn't seem normal to me....

Last reply
  • H pylori in child

Iv got a 9yr old daughter who has  h-pylori bacteria in her stomach, she has treated with the three different dose meds for couple weeks back last year in June, that didn’t work, in December she got treated again same meds in adult form, and we just got her results few days ago as I couldn’t go...

Last reply
  • How to deal with ADHD disease when you have

Navigate difficult conversation is one of the most difficult problem of the ADHD adults. I talk about this topic mostly with clients. Sometime we had the discussion is about how to decrease the effect of any discussion gone horribly wrong. Some time, our discussion is about the topic they avoiding or...

Last reply
  • Nurological Numbness.

Hey guys below I will share a list of "symptoms" I have and have wrote down in order to best communicate the issues I have which concern me... It’s hard for me to pee quickly so I usually set down and it often times hurts a little when coming out My math professor personally asked me if...

Last reply
  • I think i have adhd!!

I think I have adhd but I’m not sure. When I was little , like around 3 or 4 I would get up and run around in circles for hours with toys in my hands. I did that because it made my imagination more.. bigger. I left reality and everything I saw was in my head. I would sometimes accidentally run into cabinets...

Last reply
  • My Child's fear for strangers

My Son is 2 years 1 month old...He is completely fine in all other activities except mingling with others.. he always needs me... If someone speaks to him or tries to lift him he will start crying.. In his play school too he s not getting along with other kids or with his teachers .. it's been 3...

Last reply
  • Want to die

I am totally depressed and want to kill myself because I m tired from my life and everyone hates me....

Last reply
  • My 7 year old has low self esteem and belittles others

He is mean to his younger brother and belittles everyone trying to make it seem like he is the best at everything including us (his parents). His real mom is getting on him about his grades (which aren't below C's) and is threatining to take things away from him. He is a super sweet boy most...

Last reply
  • Vesceral hypersensitivity (analgesia)

my 4 year old granddaughter has had this for 2 years. She eats thru a feeding tube. She has had all kinds of tests and medications without any help with her pain. Does anyone have any history with this ? Thank you.

Posted
  • Essential oils are wonderful for family health

Do you know how essential oils could help you and your family’s health? This is a really good and natural solution who can change your Life by helping you to take control of your health. If you’d like to have more information about the subject please let me a note and I’ll follow you more information!

Posted
  • Dyspraxia and its effect on Adolescents in secondary school

I am an SEN teacher with over 20 years experience in UK secondary mainstream schools. I have worked closely with several dyspraxics, some statemented, some at school action plus. i have noticed considerable difficulties and similarities in their responses to puberty and the demands of the national curriculum....

Last reply
  • ADHD or narcolepsy?

Hi. I have been diagnosed with ADHD a while ago, and treated (mostly) successfully on methylphenidate, but after switching to dexamfetamine, my ADHD symptoms are even more greatly reduced (combined-type, and quite obviously, apparently). On top of that, my sleep issues which I've had since I was...

Posted
  • Labelled with learning difficulties

I've been labelled by certain people that provide help that I have learning difficulties but I've been diagnosed or had to ask for a diagnosis or know what is in my medical records ,I don't know how they can either ?

Posted
  • My daughter has been having some symptoms. Any help?

My daughter has developed a rash on her hands the past couple of weeks. Usually, after washing them, she’d get a pinkish/red cluster of dots across her knuckles, which’d be dry and slightly painful. I’ve brought her some Diprobase to use on her hands when this happens, but they seem to be dry and it...

Posted
  • How do I get rid of head lice and nits?

My daughter has got head lice, she has had it for over 1 month now. I have tried many different treatments but they are not seeming to go away. My daughter has also got many scabs on her head which she keeps picking and they are getting worse. Have you got any other suggestions?

Last reply
  • Motilium (Domperidone) overdose 4 months old baby

Hello, First of all congratulations for excellent website and service you provide, I've been using the website for quite a while and I find it very useful, professional and well done I am writing to ask your advice on a delicate topic. I am very worried, I am father of a 4 months old baby and a...

Posted
  • I don't know what's wrong

This March I had an audition at an University drama course in London and I'd flown from Northern Ireland just to attend it. The other people seemed nice, I even surprisingly met this Portuguese guy as I am and we've done brief exercises together to warm up to the audition.. But they was this...

Posted
  • Precocious puberty?

My 5 year old seems to be developing much too soon. Shes 3 ft 9 and just about to turn 5. Is an appropriate weight. She has pubic hair that is gaining pigmentatition. Tons of leg hair. Headaches not relates to her vision. Developing breasts. And frequent yeast infections. And to top it off the worst...

Posted
  • Head Banging

I have a 14 month old daughter and she went through a stage of head butting people when she didn't get her own way, but now it has turned to head butting the stair gates and walls or whatever she has got in her hand.... I'm worried as i have been told that this could be a sign of ADHD, Will she...

Last reply
  • Is it ADHD?

I have just had my first talk with a mental health professional and am waiting to see if I fit into there services. But I’m sure I have ADHD all my life I’ve been easily upset once in secondary I cried because I forgot my school book. I used to get easily upset if a teacher told me off when I was 15....

Posted
  • Central precocious puberty Lupron side effects

My daughter 7.8 months is diagnosed with center precocious puberty with boneage 11 yr old. Dr wants us to start Lupron else she will get periods at 9 and also will be very short 4.8 to 4.9. We are really leaning towards lupron but i am scared to death looking at the short term and long term side effects....

Posted
  • Precocious puberty lupron

My almost 8yr old started having beeast buds now. Dr wants to put on Lupron injections. If we dont treat, she will not reach 5 feet. May be around 4.10 or 4.11. Untreared, she will get periods at 9. My husband and I are skeptical about the long term side effects and trying to avoid lupron injections....

Last reply
  • Help please!

I keep crying over mistakes then repeating them is this an ADHD thing or something else. I am getting seen to in about 3 weeks but am wondering if anyone knows or has experienced anything like this?

Last reply
  • Severe back pain.

My 11 year old son fell out of a tree about 6 months ago. Since then he has had mid-back pain that has been gradually getting worse. He has had an x-ray and has no fractures or any problems that have shown on the x-ray. I first took him to the GP about 2 months ago and I have taken him 4 times since...

Last reply
  • Strange transient body pains?

I'm an eighteen year old female, and I'm 4'11" or 149 cm tall. I weigh about 81 lbs or 36.7 kg. I never had a growth spurt-I've a tendency to develop things later than other people my age. For instance, my 12-year molars came in when I was sixteen and a half.  Recently I've...

Posted
  • Psychosis or PANDAS?

When i was 11 I got rapid onset OCD, the symptoms more closely relating PANDAS/PANS. It got really bad and I was commited into a hospital. At 15, I started taking antibiotics, sertraline, and olanzapine, and as expected, the OCD decreased. The problem is I was never properly diagnosed, and when i turned...

Last reply
  • My niece got skin problem

My niece 3 years old got a blister on her foot like one we get when we are burned. But it happened naturally, she is never burned and it's paining a lot. Please suggest.

Posted
  • Headaches in middle school child

I got a 9yr old in pretty good health whom suffers from headaches probably 3-4times a week. It more at the front temple area. She has been checked out by three different doctors and they claim it's tension headache. However my anxiety over it  states otherwise as she is always complaining about...

Posted
  • Adult pandas. Need help

Hey guys. I’m 23 years old and I got strep throat about a month and a half ago. I immediately developed bad OCD, anxiety, depression, etc. I took 3 rounds of anti biotics and my tonsils are still a little sore. I don’t know what to do from this point. I go to kaiser and the doctors I’ve spoken too do...

Posted
  • Pediatrician in Noida, Delhi

Dr Rajeev Ranjan is a senior Neonatologist & Pediatrician in Noida at Nidan Child Care Dr Manisha Ranjan is a Senior Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist Nidan Child Care

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.