So worried about about giving child antibiotics again 🥺

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 4.5 year old has been poorly this week with a cold and thismorning he saw the doctors because he was up in the night last night saying his ear hurt and she said he has an ear infection.

She said it’s most likely viral but could be bacterial.

Mostly they clear on their own.

Watch and see about antibiotics.

So we held off yestetday and today to see how be went and he perkes up today but then has gone downhill this evening saying his ear hurts still and he just feels poorly. hes just said now his other ear is really hurting too

He had two courses of oral Amoxicillin back in May without anyone looking at his ear so now I’m worried about him having them again as that will be 3 courses in just over 6 months.

Obviously theres no way of knowing if they are needed but i can only go off how he is.

But ive also read about antibiotic resistance and now in worried

anyone elses child had a lot of antibiotics?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.