Stool bacteria in urine sample - chronic constipation

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

Please bear with me as this is new to me but I am just as my wits end and willing to try anything now.

My Daughter has stool bacteria in her urine sample.

Back Story

My Daughter who is 5 suffers with chronic constipation, she has done since 6 months old. She is on 4 sachets of Laxido a day and this is just enough for a bowel movement every 6 days if we are lucky. She has constant over flow due to the constipation.

I have visited the Dr too many times to be told it is normal. I don't think this is but am beginning to doubt myself. We have been referred (again) to the hospital and currently on a 9 month waiting list.

Problem Now.

Last week I suspected she had a UTI so I took her to the Dr and sent in a urine sample, I was told it wasn't an infection and that I was worrying for nothing. The Dr sent it to the lab 'to be sure'.

I got a phone call yesterday saying they found bacteria usually found in poo samples in her urine sample. (her urine was a clean sample and as far as I'm aware had no over flow)

The Dr was shocked at this and said it isn't an infection but we are treating with anti biotics anyway. I will take her back next week for a re test to see if the bacteria is still there.

Has anyone had simular found in their urine samples and what was the outcome?

Was it an infection or was there something going on with your bowel? I can't help but this this is all linked! All other blood tests have come back clear.

Any experiences is hugely welcomed for a worried Mum.

Thank you, so much.

Take care.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.