4 Zopiclone 7.5mg per night. Please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Everyone

Just in a bit of a state really.  I have been on zopiclone for 5 years now.  initially it was prescribed by a doctor but understandably the doctor wouldn't give me more so i started to self medicate....buying online.  I spend about £100 per month and i dont earn very much so i do feel this. Tbh though its my health and well being Im worried about not the money!  I just wondered if anybody could suggest a good taper?  When i run out of zopiclone i really dont sleep at all, two weeks ago I was awake all night, the only reason i wasn't really anxious was because i was on leave from work.  I have spoken to my Gp and have tried attending my local drugs and alcohol unit but they didnt really seem to understand sleeping tablet problems.  I am so low all the time now and have no energy, just feel so so bad.  Is there a way out of this that is gentle and wont involve terrible rebound insomnia?

thank you Mark

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark,

Not fun at all hey.. I just tapered off Oxazepam and I used the Ashtons Manuel schedule..

I still feel like I just want to take another one and have a good night sleep but have been off about 3 weeks and don't want to start again.

The Ashtons Manual will explain what to do and how to do it the safest and gentlest way...basically, reduce your dose by no more than 10% and stay on that dose for a week or two until your feel ok and then reduce another 10%.. keep doing that till you are down to the last bit.

I had to break my tablets down the best I could as it says to change to valium when you get down a fair way but I didn't want to have to go to the doctor and explain it to him so did it on my own ....

It works but you need to be determined and focused on getting off..it will be worth it in the end...you may find the night or two after a drop it will be hard to sleep as your brain is used tongue drug, but doing it this way, the side effects are minimal and no major withdrawals as by slowly tapering, your giving your brain time to stabilise each time without a sudden drop.

So to get the Ashton Manual, just google it and it will come up..it's such a handy thing to know about.

Let me know if you have any questions or difficulties..

Cheers,

Gina

• Posted

Hi mark.

the Ashton method should always be done under the guidance of a gp.

you need the gp to prescribe some Valium to enable you to taper of.

in fact, you stop,taking zopiclone altogether and take the Valium instead.

thats the whole point of the Ashton plan.

do go and have a chat with your gp. Explain it to him and hopefully they will help,you.

• Posted

Print out the Ashton's Manual. Sometimes the doctors think you just know about it a little. i printed mine out and asked for it to go on my file. The doctor had a lot more sympathy and said not to do it too quick beings I am one of the lucky ones and can taper a little quicker. i wish you all the best. Prayers go to all of you. This can be a nightmare. good luck and keep up posted.

Fingers crossed,

Gay

• Posted

Mark i m in exactly the same boat as you. I buy them online and spent so much money. It s insane. I 've even done bank transfers to company's who are fake and did not send any zopiclone at all. I m addicted aswell I take 1 and a half 7.5 a night and if really stressed through the day ..i take 1. I m on 45mg mirtazapine and also buy phenergen to sleep on top of all the zops

• Posted

Hi kerry

Yeah it's a total drag isn't it...spent 200 pounds this month already....same as you kerry I send bank transfers ....I'm on about 4 a night but have run out these past 3 days and it's been he'll

I've got 2 great sons and a good life but seem to just concentrate on sleep...zopiclone...and anxiously waiting 4 the postman to arrive

Wish u the very best in getting off then

• Posted

Ps I took phenergan and mirtazapune too...mirtazapune allowed me to get of zop for a week but couldn't take the strange nightmares it gave me!!!

• Posted

Mark we have parallel lives lol. I have 2 children and I can t imagine what id be like if I run out of zopiclone. I 've spent 220 pound this month to what seems a reliable American company as I 've found the UK ones are scams. It was bloody hard work me trying to get my bank to authorise my card and they kept asking what the company was for. I just told them health pills and they authorised it. I m getting excited every day seeing the postman but panic if my partner is home as he has no clue that I m on them. I m hoping they will be here in few days as I m panicking now. Don t ever buy from zopiclonetablets.net as they take your money and Don t send

• Posted

God kerry exactly how I feel!!! We've got to beat this. Thanks I won't get them from there.

I always worry that it all be made impossible to buy them online what do we do then!!!?

• Posted

It doesn t bear thinking about that s why I know I m addicted 😣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.