40 days Insomnia HELP anyone else (25 Year Old Virgin)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else here experienced anxiety related insomnia?

it  started a month ago.,  i would pee a lot.. my heart race

specially at  night  and  i would  hear my heartbeat on 

my left ear...i became very sensitive to sound and light

to the  point  where  single clicking  noise would jolt me up

when im trying to sleep , i have  a hard time  falling  asleep and 

would wake up every 2 hours and never able to go back to sleep.

i lie in bed for 7-8 hours but never slept  for more  than  2-3  hours/day

for the  past  40 days

-

whenever i was starting to fall  asleep.. i would always get random leg. arm or chest  muscle jerks that  always shocks me up..even if  i do manage to sleep ..2 hours  later  i would  wake  up disoriented and tired of  lying in bed feeling  like ive  been  in bed for 12  hours and  its  already morning . when its not.. and  i would always  fail to go sleep no matter  how tired  i am

-

-

at  day 8..  i got  to my neuro/psycho and  gave me some 500mcg xanax....  it helped  to knock me out of the random muscles jerks but i would  still wake up  every 2  hours

-

at day 20 i came  back  and  she  gave me  50mg sertraline/zoloft. which  lowered  my  anxiety  and by day 25 my random  musle twitches  started  to lessen a lot

-

up to this day which is day 40. i still havent  slept for more than 2  hours, though i can feel zoloft/sertraline is helping to relax my muscles  more now .,.  and now i feel a bit more positive and  i feel no sadness at all, even though  i look like sh*t LOL

-

i need your help guys. anyone here have experienced this kind of insomnia? if  yes. how many hours did you spend  lying  in bed and managed to sleep per  day  and  how long did it your insomnia last? did you also have  that  random twitches at  night time?

-

im extremely concerned whether its normal to have 2 hours sleep this long  or theres something else really wrong in my body

-

i dont want to die a virgin,,  so  im wondering  if  i should  find  a  wife now before its too late (lol) ,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi.  I had a similar thing going on. Will write more later, but one thing you are experiencing is called "hypnic jerks."  The doctors have told me this is normal, but I do not believe it.  I never had these jerks before. It feels like you are "falling" when you are just nodding off to sleep.  I also have random muscle twitches.  They have lessened, but still noticeable, particularly in the morning after waking up, but still in bed.

• Posted

how long have you been  having that...  mine  also started with that... the  falling  sensation woould be  incorporated in my  dream.... then it got worse..my   legs/arms  would move  even before i have  any dreams
  • Posted

This is me exactly some nights zero sleep then some nights I have like strange sensation in head all blank and calm but no recollection of sleep but time has gone super fast when feels like only short amount of time,this has been an escalating thing over past 3 weeks,now full of anxiety depressed horrible!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.