Skip to content

Sleep Problems

New discussion Join group Also known as Hypnagogia, Insomnia, Jet Lag, Narcolepsy , Nightmares and Terrors, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Snoring

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • john 2020 1

Sleeping with audio

I have reached a point where I need to address an issue I have with getting to sleep. For as long as I can remember I have listened to audio books, radio shows and podcasts (all people talking, not music) to get to sleep.  It has become such a routine that I press play close my eyes and (most of the...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • andrewlondonuk 2

When tired I lose muscle strength

Hi, When I am tired I experience a wave that comes over me that is like RLS. I also feel a little sick and lose muscle control to some degree. I have true cataplexy - it is not that. If I am working on a tablet my hand will fall away. If I am holding something I can drop it. Does anyone know what this...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • chronicling 2
  • ruby 31693 2

Can your brain be sleepy??

some times i yawn like crazy and my eyes and brain like go asleep and i can't think right its like im sleepy but im not...?? Its takes like my energy of my brain i dont get it

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rllen84347 2

Anxiety and insomnia brought on again by pregnancy

I have recently found out that I am preganant and have been a sufferer for over two years now of anxiety which causes insomnia or vice versa I'm not really sure. I have managed this in the past with mirtzaphine and also smoking pot not on a daily basis but regular enough. I came off the mirtaphine 6...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • richard29068 2

Night Terrors - Waking Terrors??

Last week I had what can only be described as my first Night Terror - it fit the bill from the research I've done online. Last night though, something happened which has really unnerved me - I'd been watching TV with my wife and kids and fell asleep on the sofa. I woke up, very sleepy, and went to the...

128 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Walto17 1
  • jean68130 2

Bracelet to help sleep

Hi, has anyone tried a bracelet that acts like acupuncture to help sleep? I just cannot seem to 'switch' off when I go to bed. I read and feel sleepy and as soon as I turn off the light, put my book away I am wide awake again?? Help please???? Regards  

• erikc 1

Confusing Sleep Study Results

Hey all. I would appreciate some help in figuring out how I should proceed now that I've had a sleep study. First, a brief summary of symptoms I had that sent me to the sleep study are: Low testosterone, tired all day no matter the amount of sleep, low quality sleep, night sweats, excessive snoring,...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • andrewlondonuk 2

Seasonal Flu Vaccine

Hi, In 2009, aged 41, I had my first seasonal flu jab. Soon after, I began experiencing cataplexy. Eventually, I worked out that I have narcolepsy. I have now been diagnosed etc. Although I can see a great deal written about the link between Pandemrix and narcolepsy I can see nothing about the seasonal...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • cocoanemo11 2

Waking up in REM cycle every day

Hi! So I have a Fitbit that tracks my sleep for me (with all of the sleep cycles and whatnot) and I've been noticing I'm waking up during my REM cycles on a daily basis. I've done some research and I know that waking up in REM can cause sleep inertia, which I experience daily. It effects me all day long...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • liz62218 2

Hynotherapy

has anyone tried hypnotherapy to cure insomnia particularly anxiety in not sleeping 

• Proudmom 2

Help Brain tremors inside my head causing severe sleep depreviation

I cannot sleep.... the moment I attempt to fall asleep it's almost as though a something gets released and I start feeling Tremors inside my head these tremors are very annoying very strong they stay with me I can barely fall asleep and then when I do it's very lucid dreaming at the most I wake up within...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • GD10 2

Electric/Energy surge to brain when trying to fall asleep.

Hi guys, I'm new to the site but glad I found somewhere to share my symptoms. I'm getting a sort of electrical shock when trying to fall asleep. This electrical shock seems to be described on other sites as 'jumps' or 'zaps' or 'surges of energy'. It happens not when I'm sleeping but the moment I...

285 replies 15 votes Last reply
  • chee wei 60207 1

I've been depressed, cant sleep for a while, what should i do?

I'm 25, from Malaysia. this is my symtoms: tinnitus, insomnia, nightmare, depressed, trust issues I can't sleep for almost 7 months, the only way to fall asleep is to drink a lot of alcohol. Since my girlfriend cut off my alcohol, its almost impossible for me to fall asleep. When i sleep i get nightmare...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kip25911 1

Belsomra

I was wondering if anyone on here has tried belsomra. I only took it one due to the fact I had weird dreams and was frozen in place I couldn't move. So my choices are Brlsomra or ambien with low dose ambien. I just want to be able to lay down and go to sleep. Please let me know if you have. I do have...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • holly45504 1
  • stephen82810 2

Sleep anxiety ruining my life. convinced i'll never sleep again.

It's been nine days now since I started having terrible insomnia. I feel my life has been ripped out from under me and I don't know where to turn. It started with one bad nights sleep nearly two weeks ago and now I'm not sleeping for one second during the night. The doctor has prescribed me citalopram...

42 replies 13 votes Last reply
  • michael94059 2

My Sleep Problem Story. Please help.

Hello everyone. Here is my story. Any advice is very much appreciated during this tough time in my life. In mid-September 2016 a rather stressful event occurred at work and this was followed by a few mornings of waking up too early and ending up exhausted throughout the day. A bit of anxiety if you...

27 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • kip25911 1

Ambien and serquil

I have always had trouble sleeping at different times in my life at it comes at the worst times. I dr has had on ambien cr and it was working ok but then stopped. He one me to continue on my ambien and starting me on 25 mg of serquil. I read some great things and some bad things and it is keeping me...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • kinanono 1

Sudden extreme fatigue

Hello, I am 17 years old, and have recently been feeling very out of it. If not every day, then every other day I have been experiencing sudden debilitating fatigue that comes over me usually if I am laying in bed on my phone or really anytime im sitting in one spot comfortable enough for any amount...

• laurrrrmichelle 2

Sudden onset Insomnia - advice?!

I've been dealing with a lot over the past couple months and it seems I can't just get back to normal.  I was living abroad and had a bad illness for a couple weeks which went away but then led to a lot of anxiety and caused me to develop nighttime heartburn. Anyways I had gotten meds for that, then...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tara07 1

Help.needed

Can someone please help me for the last I'd say 12 months I've been driving my husband crazy when I'm sleeping I pushing into him so hard I am practically trying to push through him he says it's like I don't know he is there when he shouts at me to stop I don't hear a thing I am totally oblivious to...

• char1es 1

Completely lost the ability to sleep

I have completely lost the ability to sleep. I took Chlorpromazine and Diazepam during everyday from May 1, 2016 to June 20, 2016 for stress. These sedatives caused me to sleep within minutes and I never had sleep problems before taking these drugs. June 20, 2016 was the last day I have slept in my...

• none92513 1

Help

For a little while I have been alwas waking up tired no matter what time I go to bed or what time I wake up. I haven't thought much of it. Is something wrong with me?  

• apu91247 2

My brain going into dream condition if attempt to sleep,please help

My brain going into dream condition but not into sleep condition every night or day when ever I attempt to sleep I have believed the information about remote neural monitoring in all over internet and browsed internet 2 years heavily which resulted heavy thought process ,doubts and suspicion over near...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • larry32032 2

Sleeping disorder

Please can someone help me out , I'm 55yrs of age suffering from sleep disorder. This has even cost me everything , I don't even remember when I had a good sleep in the past 3months . Before the I hardly watch a movie to the end , In the first 30 minutes I'm already felling sleepy . This is to show...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • zeroX14 2

Sleep problem: Vivid dreams & waking up exhausted

Dear all,  Im experiencing the following situation which perhaps some of you can advise me better.  History  Back in 2005, I experienced a sleep disorder condition that lasted everyday for almost a year. I would sleep with ease, but would remember my dreams very clearly and wake up feeling not rested...

92 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Mr shapes 2
  • lauren67976 1

Sleep Study Results

It's pretty clear that I've had insomnia for a while and a recent sleep study has confirmed what is missing. I'm just curious if anyone knows how to read these other than the high level overview I got. I guess I'm wondering how bad or unusual this is or if it's typical for someone with insomnia N1...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Hazard10 2

Weird sensations, weakness/electricity upon going to sleep

I am 19, 5'8" 140pounds male. Not overweight at all. I have this problem upon laying down to sleep or even after waking up. I get the weird sensations on my head and/or face. Have had this for over a month. Last night was the worst. Couldn't fall asleep from those sensations and weakness feelings. My...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • portugalthecam 2

Citalopram/Celexa dosage adjustment affecting sleep

Not sure if anyone within this forum has had a similar issue as me, but I figured it was worth a shot.. I had been taking Citalopram for anxiety disorder for many years and recently thought I would try and go off of it since I had been feeling fine for so long. However, decreasing my dosage eventually...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Pipboy101 3

Cimbalta and over sleeping

So I started taking Cymbalta and I find myself sleeping a lot. I do feel as if I am a bit depressed but I guess my question is can this drug make you sleep more .I feel as if I could sleep the day away. Does anyone else have this problem?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • steven10584 1

Despite Ambien, going to bed earlier, cant STAY asleep

I have had this for 30 years. Here is my pattern:  Take one Ambien. Go to bed by 9:00pm, wake 2-3 times, out of bed by  4:00am.  This is my chronic pattern and I have discussed this with several doctors. IF I am awaken from an alarm going off by  a late phone call, I have a very difficult time going...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • iitchi 2
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.