Skip to content
Ad

Sleep Problems

Also known as Hypnagogia, Insomnia, Jet Lag, Narcolepsy , Nightmares and Terrors, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Snoring

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sleep problem: Vivid dreams & waking up exhausted

Dear all,  Im experiencing the following situation which perhaps some of you can advise me better.  History  Back in 2005, I experienced a sleep disorder condition that lasted everyday for almost a year. I would sleep with ease, but would remember my dreams very clearly and wake up feeling...

Last reply
  • Unusual exercise-induced insomnia

TL;DR: I have exercise-induced insomnia for which no one has been able to explain or provide a solution. I used to exercise regularly. I would wake up every weekday at 6am, bike to the gym, and exercise for about an hour before work. I would usually jog or do some other cardio for 20-30 minutes, then...

Last reply
  • CBD OIL EXTRACT and insomnia.

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone has ever tried CBD oil for insomnia? Does it work? and in which percentage?  Thanks in advance.  Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the...

Posted
  • My heartrate increases when I try to sleep

About a month ago I started having a problem when attempting to fall asleep. My heartrate seems to go up when I get into my bed and I lie down. I'm very aware of the beating and although it isn't painful, I can't seem to make it slow down. I try to breathe slowly and take in lots of air,...

Last reply
  • Waiting time to be assessed

I have been waiting 3 months for my appointment to be tested for sleep apnoea and my appointment was to be next week but I've just had a letter to say it has been cancelled until further notice. I know it's not the hospital's fault as they are struggling to cope with the flu epidemic. I have...

Last reply
  • Sleep deprived...

I know it's only been 1 day without sleeping but I'm getting really worried! I don't want to sleep but I know I'm doing the worst thing and searching it on google and you can die of exhaustion which really makes me nervous can someone please help? I've not been to a doctor, I don't...

Last reply
  • I think I have Fatal Insomnia

I'm at my wits end. I've had sleeping problems before but this is different. I'm scared to death I have Fatal Insomnia! I've always made it on 5-6 hours a night and been fine. The last few nights have been hell. My anxiety has been rearing is ugly head. As I begin to doze I feel weird...

Last reply
  • Extreme Anxiety/ light insomnia

Hello I recently about 4-5 days ago started experiencing an anxiety attack/ panic attacks. I have certain ocd such as trich pulling hair. I would call aslee and dream and wake up like 4-5 times. I also started having certain jerks in my sleep or while trying to fall asleep wether it’s a limb or just...

Posted
  • Tingling/Ticklish Feet Trying To Fall Asleep?

First off, I'm an 18 year-old guy who has never experienced sleep issues in the past and throughout the school year would nap every day after school. I realized I was sleeping way too much and began to think I needed to make amends and start sleeping less. And here we are, because life is cruel...

Last reply
  • Frightening sleep paralysis and scared to go to sleep...

Hi I'm a 31 year old male and the last few nights I have found truly terrifying. I have suffered with insomnia since my teenage years and suffered with panic attacks and anxiety since my mid 20's. I had a few bouts of sleep paralysis a few years ago but when i spoke to my doctor about it they...

Last reply
  • Torturous Sleep Disorder

I’ve been having sleep problem EVERY SINGLE night for the past ten years, literally. I have no understanding, no cure for it nor does my doctor, a neurologist. It started one night in early 2003 when I was trying to sleep. What felt like an intense and focus jolt of vibration that is usually associated...

Last reply
  • I’ve had an ongoing sleep issue, please help!

Over the last 4 years I have an issue with tardiness, and getting up early. When I was younger I was able to just scrape through life as I was at highschool, but have lost every job due to this issue. I have tried sleeping pills, meditation, working out, strict routines and nothing works.  There...

Last reply
  • How to battle insomnia without drugs

I have insomnia since August 2016. I am taking  5 mg diazepam, and 50 mg Quetiapine to helps me sleep and tackle my anxiety.  I hate the fact that I am depending on diazepam, that's why I am trying to come off from this evil drug.  I get depress and sometimes I will have dark thoughts....

Last reply
  • Insomnia on and off for the past 3 weeks

Hello, I have had pretty bad insomnia in the past three weeks. This is probably due to stopping Zyprexa, although it was done in a gradual and correct way. In the past months I would have it maybe once every three months but now it is weekly, the worst was three days in a row. When I get it after a few...

Last reply
  • Insomnia/Nortriptyline-help.

hi--i am a bit of a mess. i am 29 weeks preg and have stopped sleeping. it's been going on for almost a month. every other day i sleep and can't go on like this for 10-11 more weeks. long story short, i am on 10 mg of lexapro for GAD and have been throughout my whole preg. i was on a small dose...

Last reply
  • Insomnia/Nortriptyline-help.

hi--i am a bit of a mess. i am 29 weeks preg and have stopped sleeping. it's been going on for almost a month. every other day i sleep and can't go on like this for 10-11 more weeks. long story short, i am on 10 mg of lexapro for GAD and have been throughout my whole preg. i was on a small dose...

Posted
  • Cannot sleep with my partner because of my sleeping anxiety

I have insomnia on August 2016. I am prescribed 5 mg of diazepam and 50 mg of quetiapine. However, sometimes, I still have hard time falling asleep with these pills.  Recently, I have developed this fear, which makes me very sad.    I am scare and feel lonely (I feel like I am alone...

Posted
  • Dont know what to do - 2 week insomnia

Bit of a long story but my sleep issues started when i had a suspected viral infection after christmas. I ended up with severe leg tremors - my legs were shaking like crazy at night thus disrupting my sleep. I was still able to sleep somewhat though. I was then put on amitriptyline for the leg tremors...

Last reply
  • Electric shocks/brain zaps when falling asleep!

Hi Over the last 4 days I have been getting these brain zaps/electric shocks as I'm falling asleep. These are nasty, just as I'm falling asleep it feels like I'm being electrocuted, I jump and wake up, hearts going mad and I don't want to go back to sleep brlecause as soon as I get comfortable...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Dependency

I've been on Zopiclone 3.5 mg for 2 months taking every other night. On the nights I don't take it I manage about 4 hrs sleep. However the last week on the nights I don't take one I'm awake literally all night and am worried I'm becoming addicted. I desperately want to be able to...

Last reply
  • My little bro snores so Loud!

He snores like crazy Loud! Our room is the last one, and you can hear him snoring from the living room! He's had a sleep study done, they found nothing. He's 12. It's creating sleeping problems... for me.

Posted
  • Broken sleep cycle

Hello, I’m hoping someone can offer some advice for helping to sort my sleep cycle.  For the past 5 years or so I have found it difficult to wake up in the morning - I can sleep through alarms etc and even loud noise doesn’t wake me up if I’m in a deep sleep. At the minute I’m using 3 alarm clocks...

Posted
  • Help!

Ok so I’m in a real pickle. I’m pretty sure I have sleep apnea (not from being overweight but because I was born with an extremely small jaw and now my wisdom teeth are starting to come in and it’s even worse). I’ve woken up many times feeling out of breath and like my heart stopped and my mouth is extremely...

Last reply
  • Insomnia for over two weeks and still going!

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I wanting to seek help and advice to somewhat calm my thoughts and hopefully find a resolution. I never had a sleeping problem, ever. Then one day I felt a little ill for two days and went to the ER where they just found I was dehydrated and low off potassium. I...

Last reply
  • What is this weird sleeping habit?

Hi everyone, so for a while now (maybe a year or two) on occasion I do this bizarre thing while sleeping. It first started off as a dream that a partner or friend was with me and I woke up checking my pillow next to me confused as to wear there are. It has escalated and now I have a reoccurring dream...

Last reply
  • Insomnia weird

Hello, English is not my mother tongue so please pardon me if I make mistakes. I 've been suffering from a form of insomnia since this summer it all started really just with the fear of not sleeping, I've taken benzo sI use to sleep most of the nights. I could sleep for a month and then suddenly...

Last reply
  • 3 hours sleep a night

Hi roughly 7 months ago my wife had her first seizure. She had a few more and each time I struggled to sleep for a few days after. Meds now control her Epilepsy but she stopped taking them 3 months ago. A day later she had her worst night of seizures yet and was hospitalised. She's now back on her...

Last reply
  • snoring issue

Hi guys I have snoring problem while sleeping. It's not very loud but my wife said she woke up 4-5 time a day. Few things to note -  - I don't smoke - Social drinker - I don't have cold/flu/sinus - My weight is within limits - I don't take dairy products like milk at night - I...

Last reply
  • Sleeping problems - insomnia?

Hi I suffer with depression & anxiety. I'm particularly having problems with anxiety more than depression right now but functioning OK. And I say OK because I'm really having a bad time not sleeping. Too much on my mind. Can anybody suggest anything please? I'm getting desperate. I'm...

Last reply
  • Unable to sleep

Hello, As the title says, I am havimg issues falling asleep. Im a high school student and we just got done with midterms right before a break. But during the entire 2 weeks we were off for break it takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep and if I wake up I cannot fall back asleep.  I am at school from...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.