Skip to content

Sleep Problems

Also known as Hypnagogia, Insomnia, Jet Lag, Narcolepsy , Nightmares and Terrors, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Snoring

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Health Anxiety with fear of Sporadic Fatal Insomnia

So I had a scary bout of Insomnia back in July and didn't sleep for nine days. I discovered the extremely rare prion disease Fatal Familial Insomnia and I became afraid of the Sporadic Variant. I am sleeping better and I'm on 300mg of Seroquel and 10mg of Ambien. The strange thing is is I still...

Last reply
  • 3 Big Tips To Sleep Better

3 Big Tips to Improve Sleep 1. Regularity - Almost everyone knows this one, but nobody does it. Set a time to get into bed every night (eg. 11 pm) and COMMIT to it. Over time your body will program itself to get tired around 11pm. 2. Keep it cool. Here’s a trick almost anyone can do....

Posted
  • Can't sleep more than 2 straight hours anxiety

So I've had anxiety and panic attacks for years but now all of a sudden I'm short of breath all day long and when night time rolls around I can sleep at first due to the Short of breath and when I fall asleep I'm awake in 2 hours and can't go back to sleep I barely get any sleep I wake...

Last reply
  • Keep waking up extremely tired

I keep waking up extremely tired! I usually get around 6 hours sleep so o try upping it to 7 hours sleep which should be enough for me as a 22 year old but just doesnt seem like it is. Even on the weekends if i sleep for 9 hours or so i am incredibly tired. I dont eat right before bed or anything. Its...

Last reply
  • Tired all day

Hi. I'm very tired all day and usually give up and go to bed around 6pm. I'm awake every hour or so. I get up around 630 a.m. feeling beat. I worked nights for 30 years and retired a year ago. That's when this began.

Last reply
  • Insomnia came out of nowhere!!

I would love to hear any success stories of insomnia. Not even a complete cure but things that help get a little more sleep and a way to cope with this. Mine started from a medical scare a few months ago and it scared me so bad I started not sleeping. It was over from there as I could not sleep more...

Last reply
  • REM Disturbances - Rapid Heart Rate

Hello I've been dealing with some serious sleep disturbances for about 8 months now. I can't stay asleep. I get ejected out of REM all the time and wake up with a racing heart. I have been to several doctors and they have no answers for me except that it's probably sleep apnea. I was tested...

Last reply
  • Trouble Getting Up Out of Bed in The Morning

I am trying to make a survey on how many people need to have a lie in before waking up, or if they press snooze too many times which makes them late. Please give me information on what part is hard about waking up and give your opinions on: A walking alarm -this would be able to create enough noise...

Posted
  • Who has Problems in Getting Up Out of Bed?

I am trying to make a survey on how many people need to have a lie in before waking up, or if they press snooze too many times which makes them late. Please give me information on what part is hard about waking up and give your opinions on: A walking alarm -this would be able to create enough noise...

Posted
  • My sleep pattern is really weird, am I getting enough sleep?

This is my first post, so I'm not sure how to write it, so here goes. I'm 13, male, and recently, my sleep pattern has turned really weird. In the past week I've lost about 10 hours of sleep, and have had anxiety. I've also felt really fatigued over the past week. For the last two...

Last reply
  • Why can't my body fall into a deep sleep anymore??

Hi, I am a complete wreck of a person and I need help. I am absolutely exhausted, my eyes are sore and watery and I feel mentally unstable. I have not been able to sleep for a while properly but I have managed. It has now transitioned into waking up every hour and dreaming THE ENTIRE NIGHT. I remember...

Last reply
  • Unusual exercise-induced insomnia

TL;DR: I have exercise-induced insomnia for which no one has been able to explain or provide a solution. I used to exercise regularly. I would wake up every weekday at 6am, bike to the gym, and exercise for about an hour before work. I would usually jog or do some other cardio for 20-30 minutes, then...

Last reply
  • Should I worry about my chain dreams? Please help

1. I have excessive drowsiness during the day. I fall asleep everywhere if I don’t constantly remind my body to stay awake, even when I’ve had a full eight hours of sleep. 2. No matter how many hours of sleep I get, I notice how I am always sluggish in the morning but start to get active around 4pm to...

Last reply
  • Anxiety induced insomnia

I used to be a sound sleeper and then something happened for me to lose my precious sleep. I faced a situation in life where I became hyperanxious and stopped sleeping at night due to worry and tension. This happened for maybe a month or two. I started drinking coffee (I don't drink either tea or...

Last reply
  • insomnia

Hi all, so i suffer with bad anxiety and depression and have bad insomnia phases, I can go to bed and lay there for ages sometimes going to fall asleep then just suddenly waking up as i try to drift off. this is rare but i have had it. i can easily go all night then be awake all day because I either...

Last reply
  • Citrolepam and phenergan

has anyone taken these drugs together.  I have a high anxiety level and can’t sleep. I have been taking zopiclone bought over the net but have developed a tolerance. I am on 20 mg citrolepam but it doesn’t help sleep five weeks in. I have read about taking phenergan but there may be a risk of too...

Last reply
  • Choking in sleep?

Hi it does not happen all of the time ,  and it only happens once when i get to sleep i wake up and my breathing sort of heavy i can catch my breath and cough a little and go back to normal and and sleep without any problems ,i just wake up a few times with tiredness but just normally and can get...

Last reply
  • Insomnia for more than a year, need advice, please help!

Hello everyone, I have developed chronic insomnia since February 2016. It was the night before an exam, out of the blue, I could not get any sleep. I tossed and turned, had some panic attacks during the night and went to the exam. Now I was diagnosed with GAD, depression, panic attacks, health anxiety...

Last reply
  • I haven't slept in 4 nights, what should i do? Please help!

Hello.  I wasn't going to post but it's getting to the stage now where i need help. I haven't slept in 4 nights and i have no idea what else to try. If you can think of it, i have tried it: Sleep tea, relaxing music, hot bath, turning off tv early, reading a book, getting up and taking...

Last reply
  • Every over night

Hi guys. Since last Monday I’ve been sleeping every other night  The night I don’t sleep I pace in and out of bed constantly then will sleep 10/11 hrs the next Because I’m exhausted I’m 51 and worrying about my health because of this I would like it to stop before this happened my sleep had been...

Last reply
  • Sleep anxiety self help books

i have read some previous posts but can’t just find the reference now about good self help books.  Does anyone have any recommendations especially cbt 

Last reply
  • Insomnia

Boo hoo insomnia is the worse I am now sleeping every other day being awake 36 hrs sleeping 12 help please

Last reply
  • Constant issues with sleeping now beginning to take its toll

For as long as I remember, I have never been a good sleeper. About 15 years ago, I remember waking up one day feeling completely fresh, a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. I felt light, energetic and was in an extremely good mood throughout the day. That experience reminded me that what I am...

Last reply
  • Doesn't hitting the snooze button mean you need more sleep?

Doesn't hitting the snooze button mean you need more sleep? I listen to a variety of productivity podcasts and most say a top priority is getting enough sleep - managing rest. But others say 'do not hit the snooze button ... challenge yourself to get our of your comfort zone…get up and go to...

Posted
  • Insomnia

I've been very stressed out and life hasn't been going so well recently, which has caused some insomnia. I sleep only 2 hours a day and I wake up at 5am but I've had more energy than I've had in a long time. Why is this

Last reply
  • Sleep paralysis is at a ridiculous level

I used to have sleep paralysis every month or so, this year its gotten to every week, then every few days and now i'm having it over 4 times a night. It is literally impossible for me to sleep at night and I am only able to fall sleep at stupid times like 9 the following morning. I am genuinely...

Last reply
  • Insomnia; Adrenal Fatigue; Natural Sleep Aids

Hi.  I have had insomnia for the past 5 months, which is presumably due to a breathing condition I developed while I had the flu back in January.  I'm only getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night.  I can fall asleep without too much problem; it is staying asleep that is difficult. ...

Last reply
  • Insomnia Every Other Night

Help! I've had insomnia off and on for years, but for the past month, I'd developed a pattern where I will only sleep every-other-night. By this, I mean that will pull and all-nighter, and then sleep 12 hours the next night. This parttern has remain unchanged for about 4 weeks now. I have...

Last reply
  • I can't sleep alone... how can i overcome this.

Hi! I struggle to sleep on my own... it can take me hours to actually fall asleep... I will just be looking at the ceiling for hours on end In till I drift off... however, when there is someone in the room with me I fall asleep in a matter of minutes! It was brought to my attention from a friend and...

Last reply
  • Question about serequel

The last three years i have been suffering with insomnia. For a few months i did not take anything just bare with it, even-though it was unbearable. Then i decided to go to a psychologist. She is good and slowly slowly started to help but i still had sleepless nights (before i was a very good sleeper)....

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.