Skip to content
Ad

Sleep Problems

Also known as Hypnagogia, Insomnia, Jet Lag, Narcolepsy , Nightmares and Terrors, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Snoring

All discussions in this group

Next
  • She is Refusing to sleep

I need advice. My mom literally refuses to lay down, she falls asleep sitting up all the time. Eating, smoking, texting she falls asleep doing it all and drops things constantly. I tell her to just lay down all the time and she refuses to acknowledge me. And when she falls asleep smoking I try to wake...

Last reply
  • I was choking in my sleep last night. Sleep apnea?

It happened several times before sporadically, though it hadn’t happened for a while. But it has definitely happened again. I was choking last night in the middle of my sleep, again. I was slowly waking to a terrible choke and found that my jaw was wide open, my throat was closed, and I just couldn’t...

Last reply
  • Unable to sleep

Hello, I’m 17 and a male and haven’t had sleeping problems before. Until Sunday, when I was basically closing my eyes shut for hours and hours, not realising I was awake the whole time. Trying to sleep and opening my eyes at 3:00 am. I don’t know if it’s because I knew school was the next day, or that...

Last reply
  • Waking Up and Temporarily Losing Memory

Hello, I am a 20 year old female and twice over the past couple of months I have had quite a fright. One evening I got home from work and went for a power nap as I was so tired. I woke up about an hour later and looked at the time and realised that I was going to be late for meeting some friends so I...

Last reply
  • My Sleep Problem Story. Please help.

Hello everyone. Here is my story. Any advice is very much appreciated during this tough time in my life. In mid-September 2016 a rather stressful event occurred at work and this was followed by a few mornings of waking up too early and ending up exhausted throughout the day. A bit of anxiety if you...

Last reply
  • temazepam or ambein

Hi ,i take lunesta as needed for sleep ,once a week and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work ,i have an appoiment on November 1 ,and i would like to know which is more better for sleep ,all thought the night and fall asleep quicker and what is cheaper

Last reply
  • What to do when i can't sleep without going crazy?

Dear Friends an fellow sufferers, Hello. I would like to give u brief history about my problem. Around 2.5 years ago i was hired in a new job after 3 years unemployment.  The night before going for the first day at work i did not sleep at all. That was it. The beginning of my insomnia problem. One...

Last reply
  • Sleeping position question.

Hello, how is everyone? Hope all is well. So my question is about sleep position. So, I will do my best to explain it. A lot of the times when I'm sleeping, all throughout the night. I do not move at all and I stay in the same exact sleep position all night. And when I wake up, it's normally...

Last reply
  • Should I pay for daytime sleep (nap)test?

Hello.  I had a professional sleep test with the diagnosis of PLMD.  I had fragmented sleep architecture and 69% sleep efficiency.  I am taking Clonazepam for the PLMD and it helped.  However I am still sleepy and tired so I think something else might be going on.  Based on my...

Last reply
  • Sleep paralysis is at a ridiculous level

I used to have sleep paralysis every month or so, this year its gotten to every week, then every few days and now i'm having it over 4 times a night. It is literally impossible for me to sleep at night and I am only able to fall sleep at stupid times like 9 the following morning. I am genuinely...

Last reply
  • Lack of sleep

Hi everyone, Over the past year my sleep quality has reduced to barely anything. Most nights I am now getting around 3 to 4 hours of broken sleep. I am unable to sleep in, I will be awake at 6:30 regardless of the time I got to sleep. Most nights I am unable to sleep until around 3. So a little background,...

Last reply
  • Dehydration after a nights sleep

After a nights sleep I wake up with a headache which is slightly relieve after a drinking water although I still feel tired and fuzzy headed for the rest of the day. The headaches started to occur after after I moved into a new build house. Our last house was colder and humid. The new house is warmer...

Last reply
  • sleeping too hot at night and wake with headache/dehydration

Hello, I sleep too hot and wake up with dehydration/headache.  It's starts in the winter when the nights get cooler and I need to use a quit.  When its the summer and i use a sheet/nothing i don't wake with a headache.  Can anyone recommend any cooling bedding or any other advice? ...

Last reply
  • Help Please!!

I can't sleep, this isn't like me at all. If I don't sleep my anxiety is going to sky rocket. Can someone help me please??

Last reply
  • Seeing shapes and other strange things when I am trying to sleep

19 Male. I have this issue that occurs seemingly at random. I suffered from no known mental or sleep related issues. This issue comes and goes seemingly at random. The only thing I can trace it to is when I am having trouble sleeping. I have my eyes closed when this happens, and I am preparing to sleep....

Last reply
  • i think I'm having night terrors

For the past month or so on and off I would start going to sleep or I would be asleep but would than not be able to move or breath. I would feel like my body was vibrating. It would feel like I would imagine a seizure would feel like. It's really scary and idk why it's started up. I've had...

Last reply
  • Sleep trouble/vivid dreaming

Hi everyone. I've read the entire board. And I too have tried every natural remedy. Im just reaching out in hopes someone has some answers. Entry night I easily fall asleep, but every morning I wake up exhausted. Never feeling rested, eyes are always heavy and hurt from wanting to get more rest....

Last reply
  • Poor sleep for 5 years but things are now escalating

I`ve been suffering from poor sleep for the last 5 years. It`s not so much a problem of falling asleep ( 5 minutes top for me to be asleep) but rather staying asleep. I uesed to get up once per night for a toilet break, always at the same time ( between 2-3am) and this has gone up to 2-3 times per night...

Last reply
  • Seeing People at night

My first post! I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen, I know it is quite common but I can't find anything online that matches what I experience. I wake up at night (this has happened quite a few times now) and see someone standing over the bed, or in the doorway. I have read online...

Last reply
  • Can't sleep without taking Zopiclone - 9 days in

I have often had trouble with insomnia – but nothing that has lasted this long.   Usually if I have one sleepless night – I get into a spiral meaning I won’t sleep the next night so on and so on.   Usually, I’ll go to the docs and take one sleeping pill, which will get me out of the cycle,...

Last reply
  • Fear I have Fatal insomnia didn’t sleep at all last night

Hi this is my first post on here so I am a 15 year old boy from Glasgow Scotland. I used to sleep as soon as a hit the pillow but after coming across fatal insomnia that all changed the past couple of weeks I have been having trouble sleeping but it was getting better a would lie and in half a hour a...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like sleep apnea?

ive always struggled with heart palpitations, but lately its gotten worse. the past two nights, i was listening to music to fall asleep and i felt myself partially wake up and realize that i was not breathing. and my heart starts to race. i sit up, and after a few seconds, my heart is back to normal....

Last reply
  • I think I have Fatal Insomnia

I'm at my wits end. I've had sleeping problems before but this is different. I'm scared to death I have Fatal Insomnia! I've always made it on 5-6 hours a night and been fine. The last few nights have been hell. My anxiety has been rearing is ugly head. As I begin to doze I feel weird...

Last reply
  • Sporadic fatal insomnia

I've had progressive insomnia for 5 months and been on various sleep aides without success. I have transient double vision, muscle twitches, heat intolerence, headaches, neck stiffness, very small pupils, anxiety and depression. Been very scared it's SFI and have corresponded with Dr Mastrianni...

Last reply
  • Still cannot sleep properly. Feel terrible.

Hi guys I am still having problems with sleeping, been 10 nights in a row that I have had these problems and I feel terrible. Last night I went to bed at midnight but didn't fall asleep until about 5am. This was despite taking anti-histamine pills before bedtime which are supposed to help you...

Last reply
  • What will you do when you can't sleep at night?

What will you do when you can't sleep at night? Playing with cellphone or doing push-up? I have been suffering from chronic pharyngitis for a long time. And sometimes I even can't sleep at night. Maybe I should do something else to distract myself.  To be honest, playing with cellphone...

Last reply
  • connection between lack or poor sleep to occipital neuralgia

Hello guys, first of all, i have been diagnosed with ON, got a nerve block (no help), got nerve block with ultrasound (with some help for a short time), my Dr now want to do the medial branch which, in his mind, is the cause of the ON.   for so many years (15) i suffer from...

Last reply
  • Fear of Sporadic Fatal Insomnia

This might sound ridiculous, but a bout of insomnia has left me fearing sfi. I've had sleeping problems before but this has been my worst episode in a while. It started about two weeks ago after a few nights of poor sleep due to a variety of reasons that has now lead to a loop of dreading not sleeping...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.