Skip to content
Ad

Sleep Problems

Also known as Hypnagogia, Insomnia, Jet Lag, Narcolepsy , Nightmares and Terrors, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Snoring

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Sleep disorder

Sleeping disorder includes sleep with dreaming, with headache, disruption etc.  I am a CSVD patient and at the beginning I was sleeping well.  But as my leg swelling got healed the sleep pattern began to change with dreams everyday at night sometimes even at day time also. Elesert 100 &...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sleep Problem - In haze at all times, tired eyes

This is an incredibly hard situation for me to explain. Since I was 17, I have had a disorder with my sleep to where I wake up and have a hazy feeling over my eyes and a little bit in my brain. While I can get as much sleep as I want, it will still be there when I wake up. It used to rid very easily...

Last reply
  • Sleep disorder

Iam taking Clonazepam 5 & Elesert 100. If I stop these medicines suddenly what will happen?  kindly explain.  

Last reply
  • Health Anxiety with fear of Sporadic Fatal Insomnia

So I had a scary bout of Insomnia back in July and didn't sleep for nine days. I discovered the extremely rare prion disease Fatal Familial Insomnia and I became afraid of the Sporadic Variant. I am sleeping better and I'm on 300mg of Seroquel and 10mg of Ambien. The strange thing is is I still...

Last reply
  • Mirtazapine/doxepin/zopiclone still tired during day !!

have depression/anxiety issues generally bad thoughts going round my head at night keep me up, feels like im not getting a very deep sleep as im having vivid dreams most the night been on mirtazapine for 3-4 months now and just been back to doctor and he prescribed me doxepin also to take alongside but...

Last reply
  • Is there a condition worse than Insomnia but not FFI?

Is there a condition worse than Insomnia but not FFI? (I don't think I have FFI because I think I would have more neuro type stuff happening at this point.) There has to be somebody out there that has went through this in the past! I need for them to weigh in on it. 3 months ago I had a panic attack...

Last reply
  • Sleep disorder

Sleeping disorder includes sleep with dreaming, with headache, disruption etc.  I am a CSVD patient and at the beginning I was sleeping well.  But as my leg swelling got healed the sleep pattern began to change with dreams everyday at night sometimes even at day time also. Elesert 100 &...

Posted
  • Sleep problem: Vivid dreams & waking up exhausted

Dear all,  Im experiencing the following situation which perhaps some of you can advise me better.  History  Back in 2005, I experienced a sleep disorder condition that lasted everyday for almost a year. I would sleep with ease, but would remember my dreams very clearly and wake up feeling...

Last reply
  • Any good meds for insomnia long term?

Need help.. Zopiclone 7.5mg - too addictive and it stopped working. Trazodone 25mg-50mg - stoped working.. think it caused my left eye to have serious twitch Gabapentin 300mg - same with trazodon (used both same time) Amitriptyline 25mg - used for a week, hangover side effect render me useless next...

Last reply
  • Fear of Sporadic Fatal Insomnia

This might sound ridiculous, but a bout of insomnia has left me fearing sfi. I've had sleeping problems before but this has been my worst episode in a while. It started about two weeks ago after a few nights of poor sleep due to a variety of reasons that has now lead to a loop of dreading not sleeping...

Last reply
  • Sleep - tired and fall asleep early

Middle aged, overweight and snore A LOT (according to wife). She also says I stop breathing at times. Most nights by 8/9pm when I sit down to watch TV I can hardly stay awake. I'm OK during the day mostly but sometimes need to have a nap in my car at lunchtime. I used to be able to stay up late,...

Last reply
  • i need help,,

im depressed now for 2weeks coz i didnt know what really happened to me, im suddently cant sleep anymore before i got sleep for 6 hours sometime 5hours, but now i dont know if im really sleeping, i see dreams different kind of dreams, im so confused if im halucinating or really dreaming, i feel im only...

Last reply
  • Sleep issues, hallucinations?

It's been happening for a while now, not often but it physically drains me and the following day I'm barely able to function. As soon as I start to fall asleep I'd wake up and see things, I feel like I'm between being awake and asleep. i only remember this after I've woken up in...

Last reply
  • Deperate for help

I feel like I lost my ability to sleep normally (my normal) seemingly overnight. This happened 2 months ago. I can barely function....so tired...sleepy,....sad....unmotivated. I'm afraid for my kids. I can barely work...my productivity is down...Im like a shell of myself. I have been to 3 General...

Last reply
  • Do Trazodone (Oleptro) side effects go away?

Hi Everyone, so I was suffering from insomnia due to health anxiety for the past two months, but slowly I've been recovering since! I have stopped taking Xanax, and started using Trazodone (25 mg dose only) the last week. Although, in the beginning it would not help me much, later it would help...

Last reply
  • Sleepless nights

I have recently been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have been wearing a mask (with pillows). I wake up feeling very tired and low, which is unlike me as I am a very active 71 year old. Can you suggest how I could get a better nights sleep?

Last reply
  • Heavy Breathing and foaming/spit during sleep

My son has been concerned bc he has walked in while I️ was sleeping and I️ was breathing almost violently and also spit foam coming out my mouth. Since then I’ve asked him to check each night to see if it’s every night and it is. I️ have a video and it’s frightening. What could be happening? 

Last reply
  • Sleep Disorders.

I have been affected by Sleep disorder. I'm taking Elesert 100 & Clonaep .5. During night I am talking during deep sleep. As already told Iam a CSVD patient having brain shrinkage. Is the sleep talking due to Brain disorder? Kindly explain. Also clarify whether this will aggrevate & spread...

Last reply
  • My Mother and two sisters were prescribed Dexamfetamine

My Mother and two sisters was prescribed this drug back in the late 1950s as they were overweight by a NHS doctor. I was also prescribed this drug by the same Doctor when I was 15 years old and only 8 stone, incase (Doctors quote) "I became overweight as the rest of my family." I am...

Last reply
  • Anxiety causing electric feelings in head just as im dropping off

Im a 22 year old female who has been suffering eith anxiety since i was a child, started eith the fear of paranormal acitivty. Last year and this year i hwve had extreme hights, last year lasted 4 months, this year it has been 14 weeks on and off but recently spiralled out of control. I cant find a...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like sleep apnea?

Since very young i've been dealing with bruxism, started out as grinding my teeth since i was around 5 or 6 years old (i'm now 31). About 12 months ago I had jaw surgery to remove a cyst from my left jaw as well as braces to straighten my teeth. For the last 3 or so months, i've noticed...

Last reply
  • My body and brain don't recover with sleep.

Hello! I have been having some ongoing problems with my body for a while now. But it's been the last few days that my brain is taking a part in this too. I'm having serious problems concentrating and I am very clumsy, my extremities feel more rigid every morning and I have lost some control and...

Last reply
  • Fatal Familiar Insomnia ??? :(

My friend is 52 year old..he has  been experiencing insomnia episodes before, but never this severe as this one...he haven't slept in 9 days... he end up in the ER ..3 days in the hospital...they gave him Mirtazapine for major depression... Mirtazapine only send him to sleep 5 hours...

Last reply
  • Sleepless vs sleep with sleeping pills

People hello, Fellow sufferers i would like to ask you a quick question. Which one do you prefer sleeplessness or the sleep with sleeping pills. For the last 1.5 to 2 years i have been on sleeping pill and i gradually reduced them. My psychologist told me in order for me to get ride of this addiction...

Last reply
  • Electric shocks/brain zaps when falling asleep!

Hi Over the last 4 days I have been getting these brain zaps/electric shocks as I'm falling asleep. These are nasty, just as I'm falling asleep it feels like I'm being electrocuted, I jump and wake up, hearts going mad and I don't want to go back to sleep brlecause as soon as I get comfortable...

Last reply
  • tcq tcq
  • I can't sleep in the same place for more than an hour or two

It takes me forever to fall asleep and when I finally do, I bounce all around the house. Like I'll sleep in my room for an hour or two, then I'll end up going downstairs and sleeping on the couch for a little bit, then I go somewhere else and on and on. I haven't slept all the way through...

Last reply
  • Insomnia (Amitriptyline and Mirtazepine)

Hello, my insomnia started 2 years ago. I was prescribed amitriptyline first, and after week of using it I started to sleep normally. It was working for around 1,5 year. After that time my insomnia came back, so I started taking 20 mg and it worked for around 3 months. After that time I couldnt sleep...

Last reply
  • Dreaming & Sleep Disorder

CSVD patient taking treatement like Blood thinner. Left hand and leg numbness and swelling.  For the past few months everyday I am having vivid dreaming (not horror) and sleep disruption. My body rests but brain is waken. This is clearly known to me. The next day I am able to tell the details of...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.