Skip to content
Ad

Sleep Problems

Also known as Hypnagogia, Insomnia, Jet Lag, Narcolepsy , Nightmares and Terrors, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, Snoring

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ongoing insomnia, convinced it's fatal

I’m begging for some help. I don’t sleep. Not properly. I thought this would have resolved itself by now but it is still going on. My brain prevents me from sleeping and this is completely beyond my control. This started from stress – every time I would sense myself drifting off, I would have a surge...

Last reply
  • I've been depressed, cant sleep for a while, what should i do?

I'm 25, from Malaysia. this is my symtoms: tinnitus, insomnia, nightmare, depressed, trust issues I can't sleep for almost 7 months, the only way to fall asleep is to drink a lot of alcohol. Since my girlfriend cut off my alcohol, its almost impossible for me to fall asleep. When i sleep i get...

Last reply
  • Crashing sleepiness and overwhelming fatigue...what is going on?

About 6 months ago I started noticing that out of nowhere I would suddenly just get uncontrollably sleepy. I couldn't keep my eyes open no matter what was going on around or to me. I didn't usually fall asleep at first because whenever I would drift deeper some part of my body would jerk/twitch....

Last reply
  • Strange feeling just before falling asleep

Hi, for the past few months I've been feeling this strange feeling instead of the sliding into sleep feeling I usually have. It's not everytime I fall asleep but when I get it, it's impossible to fall asleep until the feeling leaves. The other night I spent an hour fighting the feeling off....

Last reply
  • Is it a dream? Or is it Sleep Paralysis?

I am a teenager, and through research I have found that I may be expirencing sleep paralysis, and I have been saying that and believing that for about 9 months now. Here's what happens and this is why I think it may be a dream.. Generally when I experience the symptoms of what I believed to be...

Last reply
  • Supportive blog...

Hi all,  Some of you may have read some of my discussions, I have Hemiplegic Migraine, Hypermobility and just had a recent diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I know 'patient' is like a blog, and is a brilliant site to help support people, however I wanted to write my own personal blog about how...

Posted
  • Recovering from a serious extended sleep debt -

I'd really appreciate some help or advice from someone in the know please... I experienced a traumatic two months with roadworks right outside my bedroom a year or so ago where I got 2-3 hours sleep every working night. Eventually this triggered anxiety, depression, and an extreme lack of cognative...

Last reply
  • Are their any good zopiclone sites around?

I've been on zopiclone for 20 years and I've always needed an extra couple at night. I found a brilliant site for buying some but recently the site has crashed leaving me with half the amount I'm used too. Being addicted is awful.i was wondering if anyone else can recommend a good site? Thanks...

Last reply
  • They think I have narcolepsy but I'm not so sure

My fiance thinks I'm narcoleptic but I don't have the major symptoms outside of eds hallucinations while going to sleep. I can drive 2-3 hours and have no issue staying awake some days. But others I'm falling asleep multiple times a day. I took 2 naps today and am still tired after getting...

Last reply
  • Serious Sleep Problem, Need Help

I have been dealing with insonmia for a majority of my life. Latelly for the past week it has gotten significantly worse, progressively so. I have not been getting sleep barely a wink i believe. It takes me quite along time to fall asleep and when i do i have been waking up consistenly every hour or...

Last reply
  • I need some help with use sleeping exprience

im a 42 yo man with the 2  last years and something with problem of sleeping.i wasforced to start on antidepressants,anti streess pills amd slipping pills. the last 3 4 iused to take 2  6mg doses of lexodanil and 2 pills stillnox. a very strong dosae.Now i am takin only 1 stillnox. for sleeping....

Last reply
  • Scared of sFI

Hello! I'm a healthy 17 year old boy and I've had intermittent sleep problems for a while now, but recently things have gotten worse. For the past three days I have trouble falling asleep, and once I do fall asleep it's really light and only for about four-five hours. I'm an admitted...

Last reply
  • Bad Sleep pattern after a holiday :( Jetlag, or sleep disorder?

Over the past 4 nights, my sleep pattern has completly screwed me over on pne night i had s*** sleep then on others i had good sleep, and on others I also had good sleep but got to sleep at ridiclious times. I have made a list on my sleep pattern this week. Help on how to fix would mean the world to...

Last reply
  • I can't sleep

For the last week, I have only slept like five hours each night. I fall asleep at 6 am (!!) in the morning and wake up around 11 am. I feel like I have tried everything. I've been taking walks to get more tired, and I even take sleeping pills but they don't work??  I think I'm about...

Last reply
  • trazodone first time taking

i just took my first dose 3 hours ago i feel sleepy , kinda calm but yet annoyed it didn't knock me out of help me sleep , can it take a few days to have a full effect ? i'm on 50 mg 

Last reply
  • Sleep problem: Vivid dreams & waking up exhausted

Dear all,  Im experiencing the following situation which perhaps some of you can advise me better.  History  Back in 2005, I experienced a sleep disorder condition that lasted everyday for almost a year. I would sleep with ease, but would remember my dreams very clearly and wake up feeling...

Last reply
  • Fear of Sporadic Fatal Insomnia

This might sound ridiculous, but a bout of insomnia has left me fearing sfi. I've had sleeping problems before but this has been my worst episode in a while. It started about two weeks ago after a few nights of poor sleep due to a variety of reasons that has now lead to a loop of dreading not sleeping...

Last reply
  • trouble sleeping & waking up exhausted

so about a week ago , i've started having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep , i usually fall asleep around 7 am since my bf works till 5am and i can't sleep without him& i would take naps too i was sleeping between 4-6 hours and was fine with it but lately i've been only getting...

Last reply
  • Friend with no doctor recently passed out with no pulse, HELP

Hello, I have a friend from Cornelia, Georgia who recently passed out in the tub and was told by her husband that he had to revive her by doing CPR because, according to him, she had no pulse. I've told her to go to the doctor but unfortunately, she has no insurance and thus she has no doctor. what...

Posted
  • tips for insomnia?

i really don't know what triggered me to have severe anxiety two months ago bc i had many things changing in my life at once. and now i have trouble sleeping and don't know what to do. i have a doctors appointment soon and ill ask them what kind of treatment i should do but in the meantime, does...

Last reply
  • Sleep disorder

I hav been suffering from sleep disorder for 1 month. The problem i face i go to bed around 1am to 8 am but problem is i wake up several times mostly for pee or sometimes for any reason. I wake up every 1 hour approx sometimes 30 mins or 2 hours but i will wake up 6-7 times in 7 hours. I dont have problem...

Last reply
  • A millisecond or so of deafness when jerking awake.

I have issues sleeping and I jerk awake a lot. It's something I am used to and expect so I have adapted to it, but occasionally something occurs when I jerk awake, like I am startled out of sleep that I am curious if anyone else experiences it. It happened last night which is why it's on my...

Last reply
  • Insomnia and waking up during the night often

I'm a teenage girl on the autism spectrum, and I have depression as well as several anxiety disorders. This isn't necessarily important to my problem, but it's just to provide some background. I've struggled with sleeping my whole life, but lately it's been more unbearable. It isn't...

Last reply
  • Difficulty falling asleep and having shallow sleep

Recently, it's been taking quite a long time for me to fall asleep. I don't know if it's because I keep thinking about random things, but that's normal right? And when I do finally fall asleep, my sleep is shallow, as if I'm half conscious when I sleep. This morning I woke up way...

Last reply
  • I have a weird sleep paralysis and I'm really freaked out!

I used to have sleep paralysis earlier but it was the usual stuff like you get scared by some weird entity hallucination and you automatically wake up seconds later. But now it's getting very different. I know I'm awake but I just can't open my eyes and can't move. The scariest thing...

Last reply
  • insomnia for the past 2 months

ive been having trouble sleeping for a while now but at first it would start off w me waking up in the middle of the night shaking and not being able to fall back asleep. so i would probably only get like 4 hours of sleep. but for the past month i've been sleeping the whole night and waking up multiple...

Last reply
  • Heavily Sleep Deprived, I'm Out Of Ideas

I thought I had my sleep under control but the reality of it is that I was using cannabis on a evening to get me to sleep which unfortunately is now not an option. I was only using a small amount and wasn't smoking it either but due to me wanting a better job and starting to travel to Asia twice...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.