Radio static plays loudly in my ears when going to sleep...

Posted , 1 user is following.

This is infrequent. It maybe happen 2-3 times over two months, but this is why I find it so shocking. It's horrific because it only occurs when I go to bed, and it's always just as I am relaxed and on the verge of sleep. It never happens at any other time.

It doesn't even happen often, so when it does happen it really freaks me out.

Basically imagine a out of tuned radio or an old TV with static on the screen, you know that buzzing sound that gives? Imagine that turned up to 100% volume, and the sound is inside your ears. It plays for just 1 second at full volume and only when you are on the verge of sleep.

I don't know what that is or why it's happening, it's so infrequent I forget to mention it to my GP. I know I had ear grommets as a kid but I am in my late 30s now and this has been happening off and on for about 6 years.

Naturally when it happens I tend to shoot up out of bed and have a panic attack, and then I have anxiety for a few days around going to sleep. And then I am usually fine for several weeks.

I was wondering if someone may have experienced similar or found a solution.

I also have issues with seeing colours, little fine coloured dots all the time, and some larger objects and flashes of light. I notice the latter seems to happen around social situations, but the small fine moving dots are there all the time. They look like the moving static dots you would see on an old out of tune TV channel, but they are multi-coloured rather than black and white.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.